The graveyard thread for endless off topic posturing on persons causing bi-polar responses

BIG MATTY T

Club Legend
Jun 6, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Tuned into AA after the game to hear Nippys opinion and , if I heard right , he said our kicking efficiency was only 20% in the first half. The second half was better at 58% but the fact is if we keep kicking like that we won't beat anyone.
Travis Boak 33% de...big elephant in the room :rolleyes:

Please note: This thread was started by your friendly neighbourhood moderator :)

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Travis Boak 33% de...big elephant in the room :rolleyes:

But also a game high 7 clearances and playing right in the thick of the congestion.

If someone misses a target in a clearance situation that's a lot more acceptable than kicking an uncontested ball down a Carlton player's throat.

Also the stats are a bit off. They say Stevenson had 12 touches, 4 clangers, yet 75% efficiency. How is that even possible? Surely a clanger is an ineffective disposal.

That said until our forward structure is fixed we'll keep turning the ball over at CHF.

Last edited:
Travis Boak 33% de...big elephant in tbe room :rolleyes:

No, the big elephant in the room is you and your buddy Lurk3rs hard-on for losers like Matt Thomas and Tom Logan, who would have 70% DE because they don't actually get possession as much as Boak does. You probably want to drop Hartlett cause he's been getting tagged all game. Stick Thomas in the clinches where it's the hottest and ******* see how well he does with his disposal when he's tagged - oh, that's right, no one would tag him because his disposal is bad anyway.

Get it through your head. If we select Thomas or Logan, it's because the OTHER GUYS ARE PLAYING BAD. There's no way either of them would even be close to getting a game if everyone played to their ability. But, s**t, at least "BMT will make a contest".

The first thing I'd do at the end of both of their contracts, if I was Hinkley, is say 'Seeya later'. Just so idiots couldn't keep calling for them to be picked when it isn't warranted. For guys like Cornes and Broadbent, fine. But for Hartlett and Boak? GTFO.

BIG MATTY T

Club Legend
Jun 6, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Jesus....

33% is not good de....i don't want hartlett or Boak dropped

Jesus Christ what a meltdown.....

Not melting down. I'm thinking crystal clear. If you don't want Boak dropped, why did you feel the need to mention his DE and say it's the 'elephant in the room'? Like he was Robinson Crusoe out there with a poor DE, when the entire team had a DE of 20% for the first half?

33% isn't a good DE, but for someone in close, it can be explained. It's the reason guys like Dangerfield have a 33% DE against Essendon in Round 1. It happens. And guess what, it's going to happen again.

BIG MATTY T

Club Legend
Jun 6, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not melting down. I'm thinking crystal clear. If you don't want Boak dropped, why did you feel the need to mention his DE and say it's the 'elephant in the room'? Like he was Robinson Crusoe out there with a poor DE, when the entire team had a DE of 20% for the first half?

33% isn't a good DE, but for someone in close, it can be explained. It's the reason guys like Dangerfield have a 33% DE against Essendon in Round 1. It happens. And guess what, it's going to happen again.
Fair enough..

But if our captain is is leading the way for s**t disposal I think I was entitled to.bring it up...I don't him dropped I don't want hartett dropped but just because it Boak doesn't mean I will sweep it under carpet

Fair enough..

But if our captain is is leading the way for s**t disposal I think I was entitled to.bring it up...I don't him dropped I don't want hartett dropped but just because it Boak doesn't mean I will sweep it under carpet

There's only one thing for it.

Let's get Big Matthew Tee in to add to the misery.

Peck

Todd Marshall fan
10k Posts
Jul 30, 2009
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Left is Best
No, the big elephant in the room is you and your buddy Lurk3rs hard-on for losers like Matt Thomas and Tom Logan, who would have 70% DE because they don't actually get possession as much as Boak does. You probably want to drop Hartlett cause he's been getting tagged all game. Stick Thomas in the clinches where it's the hottest and ******* see how well he does with his disposal when he's tagged - oh, that's right, no one would tag him because his disposal is bad anyway.

Get it through your head. If we select Thomas or Logan, it's because the OTHER GUYS ARE PLAYING BAD. There's no way either of them would even be close to getting a game if everyone played to their ability. But, s**t, at least "BMT will make a contest".

The first thing I'd do at the end of both of their contracts, if I was Hinkley, is say 'Seeya later'. Just so idiots couldn't keep calling for them to be picked when it isn't warranted. For guys like Cornes and Broadbent, fine. But for Hartlett and Boak? GTFO.

Fair enough. :) I won't try to argue with you.

Peck

Todd Marshall fan
10k Posts
Jul 30, 2009
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Left is Best
There's only one thing for it.

Let's get Big Matthew Tee in to add to the misery.
I just think its bullshit that guys like Logan and Matt Thomas are doing everything right just to be snuffed because the coach has put them on the "reverse gold pass list".

We should just delist or trade them if we were going to * them around like this. If you aren't promoting players who play well, then they have no reason to play well and come the time when you actually need them they have stopped giving a s**t.

Paul Stewart coming in, and none of the underperformers getting dropped was just insanity.

BIG MATTY T

Club Legend
Jun 6, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Jesus...when will ppl lay off Cassisi and kornes and realise the blame shouldn't be put on them anymore...Its really not up to them to carry us fwd...surely you guys can find new whipping boy

Jesus...when will ppl lay off Cassisi and kornes and realise the blame shouldn't be put on them anymore...Its really not up to them to carry us fwd...surely you guys can find new whipping boy

Yeah, Kane was great on the weekend. I especially loved it when he ran past Wines in the middle of the ground for the handball and then pitching-wedged it to Henderson who was standing 20m by himself to stifle the momentum we'd just built during an abortive third-quarter surge.

Boak's fault, that one.

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

your right sooooo.... Matt Thomas doesn't provide enough around the ground for a 26yo entering his prime:rolleyes::D

BIG MATTY T

Club Legend
Jun 6, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeah, Kane was great on the weekend. I especially loved it when he ran past Wines in the middle of the ground for the handball and then pitching-wedged it to Henderson who was standing 20m by himself to stifle the momentum we'd just built during an abortive third-quarter surge.

Boak's fault, that one.
Yeah tell me about. ...

Boaks game?
Hartletts game?
Broadys game?

Actually tell me about their years so far in comparison to kane...

Fact is he's been just as consistant as Boak for our better players probably up there for our bnf...

Yeah tell me about. ...

Boaks game?
Hartletts game?
Broadys game?

Actually tell me about their years so far in comparison to kane...

Fact is he's been just as consistant as Boak for our better players probably up there for our bnf...

Boak, Hartlett and Broadbent aren't 30 years old with All-Australian guernseys, 4 Best and Fairests and a Premiership Medallion blinking above their heads for the likes of O'Shea and Wines to go "s**t, I better not burn him when he calls for it" every time Kane waves his hands around in poor positions.

The big picture, see it.

Sewer de Lance

Premiership Player
Feb 10, 2013
Queensland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Jamaica Bob Sled FC
Play them to there strengths, no point trying to put a square peg in a round hole. Cornes has rarely been effective in the creative midfield role & Dom as great as he has been for the club is no longer in our best 22.

BIG MATTY T

Club Legend
Jun 6, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Boak, Hartlett and Broadbent aren't 30 years old with All-Australian guernseys, 4 Best and Fairests and a Premiership Medallion blinking above their heads for the likes of O'Shea and Wines to go "s**t, I better not burn him when he calls for it" every time Kane waves his hands around in poor positions.

The big picture, see it.
Has kane been that bad this year?...really?

BIG MATTY T

Club Legend
Jun 6, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Play them to there strengths, no point trying to put a square peg in a round hole. Cornes has rarely been effective in the creative midfield role & Dom as great as he has been for the club is no longer in our best 22.
I Agree..but do we need to point everything kane does badly when he has a downer?...he wasnt the only one on the weekend that was s**t...I more concerned with the poor performance of our leaders more then kane as they are ones carrying us fwd

Has kane been that bad this year?...really?

The first 5 weeks when he was a peripheral onballer going direct he was very good.

In the past 3 weeks of losses when he's enjoyed plenty of prime engine room time seemingly at the expense of Brad Ebert he's been right back on the 2011 tram.

Last week's game was reminiscent of the loss to Collingwood early last year. Kane ran the Port show without an opponent and had 35 inconsequential touches. Harry O'Brien drove the Collingwood bus without an opponent and was just about best on ground.

One man ran in circles, behind contests and to dead areas of the ground and achieved nothing of significance, the other attacked the contest, broke lines and wrought havoc.

BIG MATTY T

Club Legend
Jun 6, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The first 5 weeks when he was a peripheral onballer going direct he was very good.

In the past 3 weeks of losses when he's enjoyed plenty of prime engine room time seemingly at the expense of Brad Ebert he's been right back on the 2011 tram.
And what about hammer?
Ebert?
Boaks last 2 games?
Hartlett?
Westhoff?

Where do you think kane sits in our bnf right now?...at worst top 8...?

Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

The big picture, see it.

The early signs were there in quarter 3 of the Showdown. Chad Wingard had done all the hard work to find himself bursting into the clear, on his favoured left foot, about 40 metres from goal. In front of him stood Kane, standing stationary, waving his arms in the air and demanding the ball. Chad had every right to go for goal and 9 times out of 10 would be the most likely of the two to kick the goal. Instead he succumbed and dished off to Cornes. Yes, on this occasion he goaled, but Wingard had every right to go for goal and Kane should have let him.

And what about hammer?
Ebert?
Boaks last 2 games?
Hartlett?
Westhoff?

Where do you think kane sits in our bnf right now?...at worst top 8...?

You're not getting the whole 'senior player infecting younger players with horrendous examples of how to play team first football' angle are you?

BUT WHAT ABOUT BOAK is irrelevant.

Kane was lucky enough to learn his craft around Francou, James and Burgoyne. He's not paying it forward.

Sewer de Lance

Premiership Player
Feb 10, 2013
Queensland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Jamaica Bob Sled FC
I Agree..but do we need to point everything kane does badly when he has a downer?...he wasnt the only one on the weekend that was s**t...I more concerned with the poor performance of our leaders more then kane as they are ones carrying us fwd
Kornes has had 12 years to work out when he should, or should not demand the ball in certain positions. That's why he still cops it.

BIG MATTY T

Club Legend
Jun 6, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
You're not getting the whole 'senior player infecting younger players with horrendous examples of how to play team first football' angle are you?

BUT WHAT ABOUT BOAK is irrelevant.

Kane was lucky enough to learn his craft around Francou, James and Burgoyne. He's not paying it forward.
Paying it fwd...he won our bnf. ..that's with biting through a s**t sandwich....

Kane time is coming to an end and if those guys I mentioned actully stood up..you wouldn't even be talking about kane right now

Back