The graveyard thread for endless off topic posturing on persons causing bi-polar responses

Remove this Banner Ad

Brett Ebert woulda kicked 143 goals a year under kern no doubt in my mind
In his prime he would certainly play as effective a role as Monfries does.

Based on what we seen at times this year, there is no reason to suggest Ebert wouldn't still be playing full forward

Other than the finishing third on the ladder and all.

ebert would have taken monfries spot for periods of this year, even likely gus would have been operated on early in the piece after his hip injury, which he carried for almost the entire year. He would certainly have been the direct replacement when gus pinged a hammy.

It's merely a shocking coincidence that when we finally got rid of certain favourites - who played nigh on 100% of games when fit - we actually began playing cohesive, effective, winning football.

#impeachwesthoff

FFS people, get over the surname.

Brett Ebert was one of those fantastic SANFL midfielders who wasn't good enough to be a fantastic AFL midfielder (nor did he have enough endurance to be a serviceable AFL midfielder). He happened to have an extended AFL career due to having a good (not great) pair of hands and a decent (not great) kick for goal.

Under absolutely no circumstances was his AFL career going to be better than it was. Under the circumstances where we had more options, it would've been considerably worse.

I'm not sure where we finished that year Brett Ebert topped our goal kicking, as many of my memories around then have been wiped, but if I'm not mistaken, I do believe, with some degree of certainty, that we may in fact finished HIGHER than 3rd on the ladder.

hashtag, your point?

I'm not sure where we finished that year Brett Ebert topped our goal kicking, as many of my memories around then have been wiped, but if I'm not mistaken, I do believe, with some degree of certainty, that we may in fact finished HIGHER than 3rd on the ladder.

So 2007 was a better year than 2014?

hashtag, your point?

See above :)

#carn
#doublecarn
#physicalchallenge

NEADE%20Jake.png

Height
170 cm
Weight
67 kg

I'm not sure Ken said those exact words but he did say something about wishing Brett was available to see what he could have done in the team. He was noticeably disappointed that he never had the opportunity to play Brett. Would have to be in the video of Brett's retirement press conference

Edit: I know you want something pre retirement and there may be something out there as I'm sure he was asked about Brett pre-retirement but it would be too hard to find at a guess.

So 2007 was a better year than 2014?

See above :)

Based on a statistical analysis that only takes in to account ladder position? Yes, I would have to say 2007 was a better year.

No I don't really think that, but the removal of Brett Ebert from the playing group is yet to directly correlate to a more successful year than what was experienced with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Four pages of discussion about Brett Ebert in 2015.

What.

We need to excise the tumour so when we inevitably become s**t again we don't cling onto proven spuds for sentimental reasons instead of actually getting better.

Legspeed.
Crumbs.
Chases.
Tackles.
Doesn't monopolise F50 entries.

I distincly remember some monopolising of the f50 going on during the preliminary final, 3rd quarter.
It's no good being a good crumber or tackler when you are being played as a deep marking target.

Ebo had a solid career but you've got to take a coach's comments on a player at his retirement press conference with a grain of salt...*

*To be honest I've forgotten what the initial argument was but I just wanted to put in my two cents

Nah, not good enough! He could still be just being kind. EVIDENCE is required! It demands nothing short of a phone tap between Kenny and another coach containing Ken's desperate need to get him fit! OK, OK ... we'll settle for a sworn affidavit witnessed by a JP.

Nup, I'm not going to be convinced till I also have a blood and sperm specimen tested. How is it relevant, I don't ******* care, just get it!!

Nup, I'm not going to be convinced till I also have a blood and sperm specimen tested. How is it relevant, I don't ******* care, just get it!!

It's like that family you hear about who have two golden children and one clusterf#ck drug addict. Mum says she loves all her kids equally, but...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back