The graveyard thread for endless off topic posturing on persons causing bi-polar responses

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 20, 2007
Dungeon
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This is questionable. As Ken has noted many times we're a club blessed at the moment with a large number of natural runners. Burgess is certainly a fitness guru but nature has played it's part too.

Perhaps but I think that under Ken and Burgo with their base running expectations providing fitness to play our team defence would have allowed him the flexibility to play other positions even if just for 5 - 10 minute bursts.

Aug 16, 2009
Latvia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns
Annoying Gorringe

image.jpg

Jumbo

In the Hall of Fame wearing my state jumper
10k Posts
Feb 5, 2004
Treading on eggshells
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
sanfl - the mighty double magpies
explain it to me. Gorringe is mentioned 100x over and nothing...crickets. I mention gorringe and your all over over it like a fly on a steamy turd
Because most on here speak about him with disdain but you actually want him.

Hong-Kong Phooey

Cancelled
Sep 22, 2011
i have no idea
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man United
Because most on here speak about him with disdain but you actually want him.

read back and comment again.

but yeah i do want him. reason being that id love to see one of the highly rated young south aussies come home and excel. There is toumpass there is day, there are many others, but gorringe is one that i know we can get cheap, and seeing as he is a big man, they do take time so maybe there is still hope.
We need things to fall our way and get a bit of luck with late picks to close the gaps in our list. What is there a better chance with, a former pick 10 extramely highly rated 200cm big man who is still only 22 and may be a late bloomer, or a pick 80? id like us to gamble on him. low risk, massive potential reward.

Jumbo

10k Posts
Feb 5, 2004
Treading on eggshells
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
read back and comment again.

but yeah i do want him. reason being that id love to see one of the highly rated young south aussies come home and excel. There is toumpass there is day, there are many others, but gorringe is one that i know we can get cheap, and seeing as he is a big man, they do take time so maybe there is still hope.
We need things to fall our way and get a bit of luck with late picks to close the gaps in our list. What is there a better chance with, a former pick 10 extramely highly rated 200cm big man who is still only 22 and may be a late bloomer, or a pick 80? id like us to gamble on him. low risk, massive potential reward.

He's crap and fails the dickhead test- pass

Jumbo

10k Posts
Feb 5, 2004
Treading on eggshells
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Going by your logic, we shouldn't have traded Schulz in because he was crap at the time.
Some players take a while to reach their potential, think Matthew Lobbe for example.

Did Schulz ever call our club liars and say he was disgusted with us? I don't think he was crap but gorringe has done didly squat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TwoShadesOfGray

Senior List
Sep 4, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Did Schulz ever call our club liars and say he was disgusted with us? I don't think he was crap but gorringe has done didly squat.
It doesn't matter, you're not the list manager.
If Hinkley forgives him for what he said to us last year then you have no say whatsoever despite how much you dislike him.
Yes, I agree Schulz would have shown more, but Schulz got a lot more opportunities then Gorringe has.

Hong-Kong Phooey

Cancelled
Sep 22, 2011
i have no idea
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man United

maybe...just maybe the club did screw him over and his comments were justified? maybe we promised more than we were able to deliver? im sure it wasnt deliberate, but im guessing that we thought we would get paddy for our first, and lozenger for our second. Then when we had to use both on paddy we had to go back on our word....maybe he was pissed as he had already packed his bags and swiped right to a bunch of tarts on tinder......who knows.

Lawnchair Larry

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We have 3 ruckmen in our squad - 2 with experience in Ryder and Lobbe, and another in Frampton who is an extremely likely lad.
We also have some other guys who can fill in if desperate (Westhoff, Trengove).
I'm happy with our ruck stocks.

Back