The graveyard thread for endless off topic posturing on persons causing bi-polar responses

Remove this Banner Ad

Gorringe could wind up being post-trade period pick up. Gold Coast will delist him if they get no interest. The danger period is 1.55pm on the last day because that's when Adelaide make their desperate last minute trades so they have something to show their disillusioned fan base.

Gorringe will be delisted. Putting aside the fact that he publicly slagged us off last year, we could get him free as a DA if we really wanted him.

Edit: just saw Ford's post. Correct - won't be at GC next year

Gorringe couldn't get a game ahead of Keegan Brooksby this year. That tells you all you need to know really. And he's a campaigner.

I'd rather take Mark Jamar as a cheap DFA for a year or two while we wait on Frampton to develop.

I could see the crows picking up Gorringe.

That way the media could spin how they got a "big" name recruit who Port wanted but chose the cows.

This would be a great outcome.

For us.

I know I am going to come off as an a***hole....

But i have held a grudge against moore since he took that kick for goal in the prelim and missed.....it was the most selfish thing I have ever seen on the field......(I am sure he had an easy pass to someone in a better spot)...it reeked of this could boost my career instead of team first.....

I know this could be not true at all but thats the bitter taste it left in my mouth...

Would love to trade him...for Toumpas.

But i have held a grudge against moore since he took that kick for goal in the prelim and missed.....it was the most selfish thing I have ever seen on the field......(I am sure he had an easy pass to someone in a better spot)...it reeked of this could boost my career instead of team first.....

I know this could be not true at all but thats the bitter taste it left in my mouth...

No sorry that is a really s**t post and unfair on him. He's inside 50 on the boundary 45 out with a set play in the dying seconds of a preliminary final. There's 44 players in there ffs. No chance of hitting up anyone on a lead because there is no space. No chance of a contested mark (because we don't have anyone capable hurr hurr) because the pack is simply too big. No chance of bringing a crumber into it because everyone will be at the fall of the ball.

If he plays on the instant he gets it and tries unsuccessfully to hit up a lead then it all becomes 'couldn't handle the pressure', 'just go back and have the shot'...

I'm quite comfortable with Moore moving on to the benefit of both the club and himself because he hasn't proven to be what we were after, but on the day he played the percentages correctly and made the best decision available to him at the time.

Most selfish thing you've ever seen on the football field? Carn

You must have only seen a handful of games

No sorry that is a really s**t post and unfair on him. He's inside 50 on the boundary 45 out with a set play in the dying seconds of a preliminary final. There's 44 players in there ffs. No chance of hitting up anyone on a lead because there is no space. No chance of a contested mark (because we don't have anyone capable hurr hurr) because the pack is simply too big. No chance of bringing a crumber into it because everyone will be at the fall of the ball.

If he plays on the instant he gets it and tries unsuccessfully to hit up a lead then it all becomes 'couldn't handle the pressure', 'just go back and have the shot'...

I'm quite comfortable with Moore moving on to the benefit of both the club and himself because he hasn't proven to be what we were after, but on the day he played the percentages correctly and made the best decision available to him at the time.
Most selfish thing you've ever seen on the football field? Carn

You must have only seen a handful of games
I knew i was going to cop it for that post....

i know it was unfair ....but I wasnt blaming him for that loss....just that moment...he had 2 chances to pass off inside..

Sorry but I was very bitter about it..and yeah I will hold a grudge against him.

Last edited:
Go rewatch the vision
Moores first instinct was v to give but nothing was on

Yeah we stopped polec fairly on compared to some of the others

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moore made the absolute right call to have a shot at that

If you wanted to be more upset at something, have a crack at Brad Ebert for playing on after a mark and kicking into hodge or the umpire for paying holding the ball against Jonas straight after
X2. Ebert's brain fade effectively ended the contest due to that following umpiring mistake.

Moore made the absolute right call to have a shot at that

If you wanted to be more upset at something, have a crack at Brad Ebert for playing on after a mark and kicking into hodge or the umpire for paying holding the ball against Jonas straight after

Or the plethora of easy shots we missed through the game....

Toumpas played in a winning sanfl grand final as a 17 yo, and was then drafted into a football graveyard.
Moore is close to 3 years his senior, wasn't worth a crumpet in two losing semi finals for the Maggies, and has been little more than a list filler for much of his time on the Power list.
It's a no brainer that Toumpasis is worth a try at Port for the right price.

What always seemed to be glossed over is his crucial miss against Hawthorn which would have won us the prelim. Sure it was a a toughish shot, but that was his chance to etch himself in Port Adelaide folklore and he simply blew it. There are a 100 moments in any football match that decide it I realise, but that clutch moment was for him to take. It could have turned around his fortunes and it could have won us a premiership. He didn't take it.

What always seemed to be glossed over is his crucial miss against Hawthorn which would have won us the prelim. Sure it was a a toughish shot, but that was his chance to etch himself in Port Adelaide folklore and he simply blew it. There are a 100 moments in any football match that decide it I realise, but that clutch moment was for him to take. It could have turned around his fortunes and it could have won us a premiership. He didn't take it.

Sliding doors and all that.
He kicks it, we make the GF, possibly win the flag and he would be a starting 22 player all of this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back