Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, completely stay away

• Get Greene at all costs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not completely convinced it was the right call, but I traded Shiel for Green. I was happy to wait while Shiel got into the season, but I decided Green was too good a cow to resist. *Fingers crossed*

sold : Broughton & Clifton
Bought: Greene & Mohr

couldnt take the loss from broughton got mohr (should of gone clarke i think)

Clifton ?? well perhaps can get him in when i cash in some of these cows

Not convinced Shaw is going to score as well as he did last year so dropped him to free up some cash, moved Scotland into his spot in the backline, Greene into the middle.

I have Shiel, Magner and McDonald and I haven't even contemplated trading in Greene. Happy to see people jump off Shiel though :thumbsu:

^ this. :thumbsu: I will be happy and hoping that Shiel pumps out 90+ this week. I feel good that I have generated a larger POD in Shiel than before without having to do anything :) I have said this all along, I'm not convinced that Greene is an absolute gun simply after two big games. Pretty sure he and Shiel will end up averaging around the same imo.

I ended up being conservative and didn't trade him in. After seeing my twitter feed and various articles I thought burning a trade to get him in would be a waste.

I had Cogs, McDonald, Magner, Clay Smith and Shiel, all who have good JS and nice Cash Cow potential. No glaring wholes. If I had a DPP in my mids I would have done Dickson to Greene, but that was impossible.

I've broken a golden DT rule and traded one of my premiums (Gibbs) to him to free up cash to fix the other gaping holes in my team (last week started Callinan, Cripps, Hunt and Golby!)... is not so much more of a reaction to Gibbs' score last week but more a recognition that with the team I have, 5 premium mids is a bit top heavy with a few gaps to fill in the backs and forwards. This and the fact that there is some serious coin to be made in the long run by getting in two more rookies about to rise (I'm also bringing in Kennedy for Callinan).

Gibbs was the unlucky one out of Ablett, Mitchell, Thompson and Selwood. Figure it is a trade, even if I get 3 or 4 price rises from Greene and then trade him to (say) Barlow or someone like that.

Have $681,500 to spend in the next couple of weeks though on a few upgrades!

B: Deledio, Broughton, Lake, Clarke, Golby, Morris, Ellis (Bugg, Hunt)
M: Ablett, Mitchell, Selwood, Thompson, Greene, Magner (Shiel, C.Smith)
R: McEvoy, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)
F: Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Sidebottom, Dangerfield, Kennedy, Cripps (D.Smith, Hall)

I did a similar thing. I also had 5 premium mids in Ablett, Boyd, Mitchell, Swan & Selwood.

I ended up going Selwood -> Greene and then Dickson -> Cloke because I was disappointed in my 3 rookie forwards in Hall, Dickson and Couch and didn't see any options I was confident in for a straight swap. So far it hasn't turned out very well this week with Hall scoring more than Cloke (especially since I strongly considered Robinson too) but I'm hoping it pays off in the long term.

I had enough $ to trade up to Chapman but instead elected to keep enough $ in the bank so that I can swap Couch with Treloar or another rookie if he continues to be dead weight.

sold : Broughton & Clifton
Bought: Greene & Mohr

couldnt take the loss from broughton got mohr (should of gone clarke i think)

Clifton ?? well perhaps can get him in when i cash in some of these cows

I dont normally quote myself but !!!

Gee i really know how to time things to perfection dont I !! :rolleyes:

Unfortunately I'm on the Green train. Hopefully the Eagles take the foot off for the second half so we can rack some more cash-cow points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feeling sick for trading out Shiel now. I knew Shiel would come good, but the quick $$ Green offered were too to refuse. Hopefully, he still makes quick dollars a whole lot faster, still. :(

I went Dickson ----> Greene.

Know way known was I going to trade out Coniglio or Shiel.

Watching Coniglio and Shiel finally start to hit their straps while I had Greene and Magner on the ground ahead of them was a little frustrating.

Does anybody think that the scoring potential out of these four for the rest of the year may go in this order:

Shiel
Coniglio
Magner
Greene

???

I was going to ask a similar question about Magner. Lets say he scores another 50 this week, will people start to look to off load him or do they seriously think he could avg a lot more and make a lot more. Im sure he could make more coin but are you going to be better off trading him out and getting the money.

For me he isnt the new Barlow and thats due to many reasons. I think his avg is more around 75-85 rather then that expected 95-105 range.

I think your pretty much on the money their pillager id give the same order.

I was going to ask a similar question about Magner. Lets say he scores another 50 this week, will people start to look to off load him or do they seriously think he could avg a lot more and make a lot more. Im sure he could make more coin but are you going to be better off trading him out and getting the money.

For me he isnt the new Barlow and thats due to many reasons. I think his avg is more around 75-85 rather then that expected 95-105 range.

I think your pretty much on the money their pillager id give the same order.

Barlow busted out two 100+ scores then a sub 50 in Round 3 in his first season. They are both mature age VFL midfielders that attract the ball. Magner may indeed end up with a s**t average but that's more due to the Melbourne team appearing putrid this year rather than him not being Michael Barlow.

In any event, Barlow's first 13 rounds have set a new gold standard that will be difficult to match.

Barlow busted out two 100+ scores then a sub 50 in Round 3 in his first season. They are both mature age VFL midfielders that attract the ball. Magner may indeed end up with a s**t average but that's more due to the Melbourne team appearing putrid this year rather than him not being Michael Barlow.

In any event, Barlow's first 13 rounds have set a new gold standard that will be difficult to match.

Yep thats what i was alluding to, plus something else.

Yeah the difference was that Barlow had Ling clinging on to his arm all game, whereas (as far as I'm aware) Magner wasn't tagged.

It's only one game thought, I don't expect him to avg near 100, but I'm still optimistic of a minimum 80-85 avg from hereon.

He pumped out 2 s**t scores in a row, (Rds 3 & 4) he followed up a 46 with a 78 and a few jumped off. He then averaged 116.5 over the next 9 games before Palmer broke his leg.

As for Magner (& Greene), I will cash in one of them after Rd4 for Ziebell if either scores a sub 50 and Ziebell scores 120+

Glad I avoided Greene and stuck with Coniglio and Shiel who both seem to be improving with each week.

I went Ledger to Greene. Happy enough with that given the way Ledger is being shafted.

Ledger isn't being shafted, I think they are being cautious with him due to his history of hamstring problems. If he is fully fit then he should be in the Saints best 22.

Problem now is that he hasn't played much football the past few weeks so may struggle to step straight into the team and might need a full game or two in the VFL before he returns for St Kilda.

Back