Sport The Hangar Cricket Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Tim Ludeman. Wow.

That was something to behold. I was sitting behind the bowlers arm with some mates and we gave up trying to come up with new superlatives to describe what we were seeing. About the only downer was lamenting what could've been if he was given the full 20 overs.

The atmosphere there last night was amazing, really wish he could of got his 100.

Was good seeing the no-names of Ludeman, Simmons and Head (+1 run from Hodge) eat up the target set by the superstar lineup of Wright, White, Pieterson, Hussey, Maxwell, Faulkner, and to do it with 7 overs to go at that.

#moneyball

White's development was screwed when they decided to give him captaincy at 20 ******* years old. White should also be in the test side, his past 2 years with the bat in FC cricket (both here and in England) has been very good.

Assuming that Harris is fit, and Marsh is also, the XI for Boxing Day should be:

Warner
Rogers
Smith
White
S Marsh
M Marsh
Haddin
Johnson
Harris
Lyon
Hazlewood
I know you're a big Victoria fan but that's really doubtful. Ed Cowan's scored 4 hundreds in 9 innings, averaging 65.55 in the shield. Voges is in good form as well. White's only had 3 innings in the Shield this season and you want him in the Test side?

I know you're a big Victoria fan but that's really doubtful. Ed Cowan's scored 4 hundreds in 9 innings, averaging 65.55 in the shield. Voges is in good form as well. White's only had 3 innings in the Shield this season and you want him in the Test side?

Victoria doesn't really deserve the test spots anyway. Complete inability or refusal to read the tea leaves while it continues to rely on old and recycled players so that it can win Shield matches.

Is Muirhead injured? How is a 20 year old leggie who can land the ball with enough control to be a viable 2020 selection but who can also rip the ball (with the mirror image of Warne's action as opposed to what Boyce and that Indian leggie dish up) not being given every single game of Shield cricket?

If he was from NSW he'd be batting at number 6 for Australia by now.

Ed Cowan can't play in the middle order. Opener or bust, and Rogers just made a 50. Voges is 35 and has a similar record to White, whilst being an inferior fielder and part-timer, White still has 4 or 5 years left at the top level. He may have only had 3 innings' in the shield but he's been in very good FC form the past 2 years.
Victoria doesn't really deserve the test spots anyway. Complete inability or refusal to read the tea leaves while it continues to rely on old and recycled players so that it can win Shield matches.

Is Muirhead injured? How is a 20 year old leggie who can land the ball with enough control to be a viable 2020 selection but who can also rip the ball (with the mirror image of Warne's action as opposed to what Boyce and that Indian leggie dish up) not being given every single game of Shield cricket?

If he was from NSW he'd be batting at number 6 for Australia by now.
Whilst I partially agree, White deserves it.

Muirhead still struggles with longer spells, (his 6th or 7th over usually cops 10 runs) and his 2nd spell often goes for runs. He needs to have a big pre-season next year and play more cricket.

Ed Cowan can't play in the middle order. Opener or bust, and Rogers just made a 50. Voges is 35 and has a similar record to White, whilst being an inferior fielder and part-timer, White still has 4 or 5 years left at the top level. He may have only had 3 innings' in the shield but he's been in very good FC form the past 2 years.

Whilst I partially agree, White deserves it.

Muirhead still struggles with longer spells, (his 6th or 7th over usually cops 10 runs) and his 2nd spell often goes for runs. He needs to have a big pre-season next year and play more cricket.

Watching White play, as opposed to looking at his record doesn't really fill me with the confidence that he is a particularly good player. He still looks like a bowler who has converted to batting.

While it is a little inconsistent with my comments about Smith, I've never really had the feeling that White is up to it.

Watching White play, as opposed to looking at his record doesn't really fill me with the confidence that he is a particularly good player. He still looks like a bowler who has converted to batting.

While it is a little inconsistent with my comments about Smith, I've never really had the feeling that White is up to it.
In one day cricket sure, but his technique in 4-day cricket is pretty good.

It was noted in one of the papers during the week that Smith has always seen himself as a batsmen who can bowl a little. Given our post Warne spinning woes it's not really a surprise they decided to see what they could make of his spin bowling, but it did come at the expense of his batting throughout that period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Johnson would have to be the best cricketer going around.

Comes in at 8 and flays 70 odd at better than a run a ball when we were 150 behind India on first innings.
Steve Smith has made 350 or so runs without being dismissed this series.

It's been a very good series so far with India bringing their fair share to the table.

Thinking ahead, them playing this Test series and then the ODI tri-series will have them well-adapted come the World Cup. I can't wait for that to start, quite an open tournament coming up.

Haddin and Watson GTFO
This, tbh. If I had my way (which I won't)

Rogers
Warner? (Cowan if not)
Smith
S Marsh
White
M Marsh? (Faulkner at 7 if not)
Whiteman
Johnson
Harris? (Bird at 11 if not)
Lyon
Hazlewood

How many people actually want Haddin to stay In the team? He has been dreadful with the bat in every single series apart from the ashes in Australia last year.

People are saying we need experienced players for the ashes, but he hasn't even proven that he can play well on English soil anyway.

Joe Burns has been brought in for Mitch Marsh. Good decision IMO.

I like it, but surely somebody else must make way for ed Cowan. We need to reward the best performing players in Sheffield shield or else the whole competition becomes a joke.

I like it, but surely somebody else must make way for ed Cowan. We need to reward the best performing players in Sheffield shield or else the whole competition becomes a joke.
At this point the only other option would be Watson out for Cowan but that leaves us a bowler short.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back