Sport The Hangar Cricket Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

You baka!

moshi moshi eth desu

So, what's the deal with the commentary for the world cup? Are the normal Channel Nine dudes not doing it?

Channel Nine don't have the rights to do ICC events. Star Sports own the rights, and hire their own commentary team. There will be some Nine commentators at some point.

moshi moshi eth desu

Channel Nine don't have the rights to do ICC events. Star Sports own the rights, and hire their own commentary team. There will be some Nine commentators at some point.
I don't actually speak Japanese, I've just been watching a lot of subbed Anime recently...

Stranded on 98. Poor bloke. Should be batting at 3.

Got to say that he is a much better player than I thought he was. Find the boundary with greater ease than you'd expect from a guy his size. With his ability to pace himself through an innings he should definitely be batting at 3.

Last edited:
Got to say that he is a much better player than I thought he was. Find the boundary with greater ease than you'd expect from a guy his size. With his ability to pace himself through an innings he should definitely be batting at 3.
I saw him play games for Notts, and he's a seriously good batsman. Should bat at 3 for England in all forms.

That is one of the best attacks I've ever read. Has dismantled the whole setup.

Edit: there was a link in the article that ended up with 20 minutes of Ponting's interview with KP. I liked it as much the second time as when I heard it live.

I'm Not 100% but I think I recall Packer having a rule that only players to have captained their country need be in the commentary box. It did set a certain standard that has dropped with the likes if Slater, Lee, and even walker and co before them.

I have a load of mates who dislike Maxwell greatly, I'm his biggest fan and a am standing by him the whole time. (i was also an Ian Harvey fan ,may be a flaw in my make up)

It's unfortunate Maxwell was put Into the test team so early because it's made it so much harder for him to turn public opinion. Everyone from the board down could see he had talent so they rushed him along but it was detrimental. If he had just walked Into the one day side now and did this he would be aus hero number one. But because of what's hsppened prior Hes gunna always have haters.

Hes maturing by the innings before our eyes, not at state level. This wc could be the making if him, like Symons in 03 rescued us v pak and never looked back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've paid up 50 to just watch it on Foxtel Play ftr

http://www.foxtel.com.au/foxtelplay/home/default.htm

The 14 day free trail is real important. If you're not eligible for it, you'll have to pay for two subscription periods and well 100 bucks is pushing it a bit. I started my trail period today, it expires on the 1st march, final is on like the 29th or something. Gonna deactivate basically as soon as the final is over.

Stranded on 98. Poor bloke. Should be batting at 3.

Taylor usually bats at 3

Great read about Channel 9 earlier. One of the main points is the lack of international commentators, which is a damn shame given the great players of yesteryear now behind the microphone. I really enjoyed yesterday's India v Pakistan game for that reason. Even when Lee and Warne were in there, they didn't have the whole band together to be all back-slapping and buddies with for 90% of the time. The balance between serious discussion and banter was much better (funny that!)

It also highlighted (again) what a disgrace it was moving Adelaide's Australia Day fixture. The scenes there yesterday were brilliant. A fantastic day of weather with a big, noisy crowd, which would've been the case on January 26th.

I've paid up 50 to just watch it on Foxtel Play ftr

http://www.foxtel.com.au/foxtelplay/home/default.htm

The 14 day free trail is real important. If you're not eligible for it, you'll have to pay for two subscription periods and well 100 bucks is pushing it a bit. I started my trail period today, it expires on the 1st march, final is on like the 29th or something. Gonna deactivate basically as soon as the final is over.

Another sneaky if not more annoying way is snap gym. Lucky we have one round the corner... No join fee, no lock in, $8 trial for a month. Take a month, wander in any time 24 hrs and watch the cricket! Maybe even on a tread mill

If you put Eoin Morgan and Boyd Rankin into Ireland they'd almost be test quality. Let's say that they drop the 2nd spinner and Balbirnie for the two, and their side would be (with FC averages)

Porterfield* (31)
Stirling (32)
Joyce (48)
Morgan (36)
N O'Brien (36)
Wilson (34)
K O'Brien (32/28)
Mooney (35/20)
Dockrell (15/28)
Sorenson (8/20)
Rankin (8/27)

5 Bowlers with FC averages under 30 is more than handy. Stirling can bowl a few offies too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back