Sport The Hangar Cricket Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely pathetic batting and some seriously s**t bowling (looking at you, Starc and Hazlewood). All around an embarrassing performance. Says something about your batting performance when Mitchell ******* Starc hits 58 in one innings, scoring 2x more than what the middle order (bar Neville) could muster up in two innings

My patience with Clarke is running out quickly.

Can't make a run and dropping catches that aren't that hard now too.

Bit harsh, 5 tests ago he makes an inspiring ton on 1 leg and despite not making a 50 he has had a 40 to two 30's. It is not like a run of low scores
like others in Taylor, Hayden and Waugh etc had before the end. If it runs past 10 to 15 tests then there will be an issue.

Bit harsh, 5 tests ago he makes an inspiring ton on 1 leg and despite not making a 50 he has had a 40 to two 30's. It is not like a run of low scores
like others in Taylor, Hayden and Waugh etc had before the end. If it runs past 10 to 15 tests then there will be an issue.

The thing is, since Adelaide in the last Ashes he's scored two Centuries and nothing over 50. His game has been boom or bust for about two years now.

Broad's is worse.

Root is very quickly moving into the Jimmy Anderson 'Sneaky campaigner' category. They want to give the impression that butter wouldn't melt in their mouth and it's never their fault, whereas Broad gave up the golden boy stuff ages ago and didn't give a * if people thought him a villian. I have a bit of respect for that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarke auditioning for the commentary box with that shot. As bad as Haddin's at Cape Town 2011/12. These guys are seriously weak. As I previously said, front running bullies with no substance. They are a box of foam.
And just like Haddin at Cape Town, it wasn't really the worst shot in the innings. Good grief, those pushes at the ball from Voges and Marsh

Shaun Marsh has 7 ducks from 26 innings and another 9 scores under 20. But then he has 2 centuries and a 99 in there too. A complete boom or bust player that hardly instills any confidence.

Its gut wrenching. Like we complain about Essendons selections.. but bugger me

We have access to the BEST cricketers in all of Australia yet we cant pick the right combination?

How can you build pressure with 2 strike bowlers?

The Mitches will never take advantage of conditions like that IMO -maybe rotate them at one end while you tighten the screw at the other.

did i just get out of the Delorian in the year 1984 to see the west indies rock and roll us for 80 in Barbados?

At least we scored 400+ in the first innings that day.

You're know you've had a bad day when Bairstow makes a run against you.

It's an even worse day when he alone outscores our entire team.

Its gut wrenching. Like we complain about Essendons selections.. but bugger me

We have access to the BEST cricketers in all of Australia yet we cant pick the right combination?

How can you build pressure with 2 strike bowlers?

The Mitches will never take advantage of conditions like that IMO -maybe rotate them at one end while you tighten the screw at the other.

Losing Harris on the eve of the series really hurt us, though it's not an excuse for the effort with the willow.

One time in the late 80s we opened the batting vs the Windies, we were 0/1, I got the tram to Brashes - no more than 20 mins away we were 5 fer not much!

Thought those days were dead.

At least we had characters like Merv and Boon in the late 80s so we could at least say we were cool and could win a drinking competition with the opposition. Now we're vanilla and s**t which leaves us zero to hang our hat on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back