Sport The Hangar Cricket Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

(reading CricInfo only) looks like the Indians are having a field day against a less than potent ODI bowling lineup featuring strike bowler Josh Hazelwood with 13 ODI's and James Faulkner 44 ODI's.
Pretty much. Boland is bowling tight but no spinner is killing Australia #BringInJonHolland

I rate Warner's leggies. Just needs to land more than he currently does, but there is something to work with in a part time role.
His leggie's are okay, but Smith's are much better.

Really enjoying KP's commentary today. Provides some levity to the usual Ch9 biased garbage. Brett Lee is also quite good. I get the feeling the other guys have been out f the game too long now and their views have aged terribly in the age of T20.

Really enjoying KP's commentary today. Provides some levity to the usual Ch9 biased garbage. Brett Lee is also quite good. I get the feeling the other guys have been out f the game too long now and their views have aged terribly in the age of T20.
Is it views ageing or just more that Healy, Taylor, Warne and Slater (maybe a bit harsh on Tubs to put him with those three) are bloody terrible?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Warne talks more s**t than all of them combined. And he repeats his view on things over and over again. Clearly the worst. The only time he's of any value is taking about spin bowling.

Lee is ok but sometimes it seems that he loses track of what he's saying. Healy and Slater are so bad and biased it's embarrassing. Tubs goes alright. ABC clearly have the best commentary team.

Also, Punter should move across from doing th BBL.

Warne talks more s**t than all of them combined. And he repeats his view on things over and over again. Clearly the worst. The only time he's of any value is taking about spin bowling.

Lee is ok but sometimes it seems that he loses track of what he's saying. Healy and Slater are so bad and biased it's embarrassing. Tubs goes alright. ABC clearly have the best commentary team.

Also, Punter should move across from doing th BBL.

You ever wonder what things would have looked like if Warne was captain?

He has absolutely no patience for anything other than allowing batsmen to be hit to the boundary chasing wickets. Not sure how the approach would go on the roads that are now being produced.

It's funny that he also has no time for line and length quicks despite the reality that he was in effect a line and length bowler who got 30 to 40 overs an innings to work at getting wickets. The game lasts 5 days for a reasons, the batsmen are supposed to be skilled enough that you are not taking a wicket every 2 overs.

He may have so good ideas about cricket but his commentary tends to be full of s**t.

On the subject of KP and the out of date views of the rest of 9. Funny that Slater was obsessing about the highest previous run chase at the WACA, like it is of some relevance. KP said it would not be a problem and we end up getting the 309 in a canter.

Like KP's commentary generally. The only time he grated last night was when he was being one of the boys but, given that I don't mind it on the BBL coverage, I'd say it is just a result of the usual 9 shite.

Interesting that there was no BBL scheduled last night. Suspect that CA did not want to be embarrassed with a domestic game out-rating an ODI.

Was at the game tonight. Very mature knock by Maxwell, showed that he can get the job done without having to try and hit every ball to the fence.
So disappointed that he didn't get his hundred, but it afford Faulkner the luxury of living up to his nickname.

Very disappointed in our bowling stocks right now.

Don't expect Kane Richardson to be anything more than an Andy Bichel type bowler, someone who will come in and do a job when required without setting the world on fire whilst I'm not sold on the young left armer Paris just yet.

What are we down to now? quicks 6, 7, 8?

1. Pattinson
2. Cummins
3. Starc
4. Hazelwood
5. Behrendorf (I rate highly)
6. Richardson
7. Paris (seems to be rated)
8. Hastings?? (isnt he a bowling all rounder??)
9. Mitch Marsh? (isn't he a bowling all rounder as well??)

Just on Mitch Marsh. Last night was his chance to step up, hand in hand with Maxwell and he failed. He is yet to take an ODI wicket this summer whilst his batting has yielded 14 and 13 runs at just over a run a ball. Not exactly damning stats for a bloke who, at 24 should be coming to the peak of his powers.

Very disappointed in our bowling stocks right now.

Don't expect Kane Richardson to be anything more than an Andy Bichel type bowler, someone who will come in and do a job when required without setting the world on fire whilst I'm not sold on the young left armer Paris just yet.

What are we down to now? quicks 6, 7, 8?

1. Pattinson
2. Cummins
3. Starc
4. Hazelwood
5. Behrendorf (I rate highly)
6. Richardson
7. Paris (seems to be rated)
8. Hastings?? (isnt he a bowling all rounder??)
9. Mitch Marsh? (isn't he a bowling all rounder as well??)

Just on Mitch Marsh. Last night was his chance to step up, hand in hand with Maxwell and he failed. He is yet to take an ODI wicket this summer whilst his batting has yielded 14 and 13 runs at just over a run a ball. Not exactly damning stats for a bloke who, at 24 should be coming to the peak of his powers.
I think you'll find most players hit their peak at around 28. Marsh is a victim of being a 5th seamer, one that really isn't necessary in the format.

I think you'll find most players hit their peak at around 28. Marsh is a victim of being a 5th seamer, one that really isn't necessary in the format.

He is struggling eth. Everyone can see that.. He had a chance to stand up with the bat and failed last night. He has had the opportunity to stand up with the ball this ODI series and done nothing.

A rest needed? perhaps. He needs to be doing more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back