Movies & TV The Hangar Film Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

anyone interested in the water diviner?

i actually dont mind Russell Crowe, hes a pretty intense type of actor, keen to see what he brings behind the camera. Also the story piques my interest as well

Yeah, I had no interest until I saw the trailer. Looks purdy, might be pretty good.

tumblr_m773sg9Tnu1ryrdd8o1_400.gif

Gratuitous Millennium Falcon/theme usage.

Watched The Drop the other night. Was actually pretty good and had a ripper ending I thought.

When Hardy shot that douche in the face I was like * yeah! Take that dog basher!

I think I've really enjoyed every Tom Hardy flick I've seen. Also never knew pit bulls were such cute puppies.

It will probably only be remembered for being Gandolfini's last film but I have to say I'm not surprised he died shortly after. He looked like a physical train wreck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw The Interview. My expectations were very low so I was surprised to actually get quite a few genuine lulz. Was never totally convinced by Franco though. Was trying to think of someone who might have executed that role better and kept coming back to Steve Coogan. Probably too old though.. and too British. Would recommend the film though. Solid 3/5.

Saw The Interview. My expectations were very low so I was surprised to actually get quite a few genuine lulz. Was never totally convinced by Franco though. Was trying to think of someone who might have executed that role better and kept coming back to Steve Coogan. Probably too old though.. and too British. Would recommend the film though. Solid 3/5.
Interesting, I thought Franco was great.

Saw All this Mayhem, pretty interesting documentary about the Pappas brothers. Loose cannons from St Albans who became world no 1 and 2 vert skaters. They had run-ins with plenty of people including Tony Hawk who is not painted in the best light. Definitely worth a watch.

Any animation fans seen book of life? The moment when he sings to the bull is better than 100 let it go's!

Actually its just a cracking film, better story than most adult tripe served up, watch it!

Last edited:
Cannot recommend this enough:

Have been wanting to see that for a while, haven't gotten around to it yet though.

anyone watched boyhood? it affected me, id love to chat about it with anyone who has seen it

It's pretty brilliant. I think some people have gone into expecting a drama or a narrative, which isn't what it provides. It's an experimental art film more than anything. Critical that you watch it in one go though.

Have been wanting to see that for a while, haven't gotten around to it yet though.

It's pretty brilliant. I think some people have gone into expecting a drama or a narrative, which isn't what it provides. It's an experimental art film more than anything. Critical that you watch it in one go though.

forgetting about the gimmick of how it was made, its quite confronting watching basically the bulk of somebodies life flash by in a couple of hours.

not only that but im not sure if its because he is a boy but it really rang true and hit home, jarringly so. Like i often felt guilty watching, like i was peeking in on things i should not have been privvy to. We all have these moments in our lives that we think our ours, and only ours. Then you see this and realise everyone has the same moments and you are barley unique.

Very invested in the characters too, like a day later i was wondering what happened to the step kids, ect.

Its fiction but i got to thinking i wonder if it would have been more or less exciting if it was actually real ?
I can see how people would either love or hate the movie, if you dont invest it would drag on for ever. my missus said nothing happened.. i said nothing? his life happened, its hardley nothing! but if you dont buy into that, .. you know, its not great. i guess people these days are doped by all action all excitment that regular life isnt enough, and maybe thats the point, we watch movies to escape our boredom, not enter somebody elses....

He may have seemed an eternally downcast guy, always moaning, always lethargic, apathetic about life but man, thats whats growing up feels like, its tough being a teen, it was spot on, no sugar coat, just the journey warts and all.

I guess the main theme was timing, essentially hawke was the right man for her/them but at the wrong time, sensed the tension when he finally got it together for someone else.

life and opportuniy is all about timing.

i could go on forever but ill pause for a reload....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back