The Hangar Gaming Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Always meant to but never got around to it. While we're at it though, if you haven't, you might also enjoy Metro 2033 and its sequel. Same sort of deal.

I just bought Metro pack (both games) for XBone. Looking forward to playing them, when I can find the time.

Ah, truly a man after my own (heretical, fratricidal, incestuous, but only in video games) heart.

To paraphrase for that scenario, "There are only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people, and the invading Germanic Pagans."

Started to get stuck into far cry 4 this week. Not too much different from far cry 3, which isn't a bad thing. I liked the addition of being able to bait animals. I haven't tried the elephant riding yet, it seems very gimmicky. Also, the money system seems way out of whack. You get money so quickly it's basically worthless, there's no need ing to "save up" for anything.

I was looking forward to the new scenery (based around the Himalayas) but it really hasn't delivered.

I have had FTL for some time but never got the hang of the final battle. Something I should play more though as the game itself is very well done.
You need a bit of luck finding the right equipment on your way there. If you can get a weapon pre-igniter early it makes life far, far easier, and for the final battle cloaking is invaluable, as are a few rapid-fire lasers.

Now, a bit low-tech, but after seeing the originals in the British Museum this week I snagged myself something I've wanted for a very long time, a set of replica Lewis Chessmen.

RedLewismainf.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beerfish can I start talking about Monopoly again?

There's a CARD version.
The original Monopoly Deal is ******* fantastic. A quickfire game of utter bastardry, with all the things about Monopoly that make you hate your friends and family, in 5 minute rounds. The newer one (Monopoly Millionaire Deal) seems to have changed the rules a bit though.

Now, a bit low-tech, but after seeing the originals in the British Museum this week I snagged myself something I've wanted for a very long time, a set of replica Lewis Chessmen.

RedLewismainf.jpg
God, that's a classic set. How much did that cost you?

That's not my one. Unfortunately mine was s**t so I sent it back for a refund. Good ones will run you anywhere from $200-1000 or so, depending on size, detail and whether you pay the British Museum surcharge.
Safe to say that I won't own one in the immediate future...

has been done ftr. cheaped out and got a refurbished ds x. 5 games on their way. couldnt find a good price for the gold/sliver remakes which is a bummer.

ftr I basically never touched these, then i found a good price for SS, promptly spent 20 hours on it and I've stopped it so i could try out X, and holy s**t, wonder trading is so much fun. I've mostly traded out everything I got, even the decent stuff, but I just got a L1 Charmander with Dragon Dance, Outrage and "Flare Blitz" which I'm keeping. Also got a roggenrola which I instantly took a liking too (like, as soon as I saw it) which I kept, but then I got a Boldore, so that evolved and I guess I'll trade that out. Anyway, so fun

but I just got a L1 Charmander with Dragon Dance, Outrage and "Flare Blitz" which I'm keeping.

Not Japanese is it? They're often the first to wonder trade mons they've been breeding.

I only play Crusader Kings II every now and then, but I shall have a shufti.

No Europa Universalis IV?

Not Japanese is it? They're often the first to wonder trade mons they've been breeding.
you're bang on the money. I got a togepi around that time too with with Psycho Shift and Extrasensory, so that's been pretty kick arse so far, although that isn't Japanese. There's a bunch of stuff in the box that I'll probably use when I start up AS too. I got a Munchlax and Litwick through the GTS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back