Sport The Hangar Hockey Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

i'll be more in depth later but:

bounce-back season I expected. percentages and what not suggested last season was an anomaly
impressed with the coach thus far
but today's decision to scratch kassian is worrying
not impressed with the GM yet. particularly given two of the more successful additions (Vey, who probably should be scratched for Kassian, and Dorrset) were seemingly at the urging of the coach, and overpaid probably anyway. miller was a terrible signing then and is now. the kesler return was disappointing then and the pieces are...not disappointing me now because i didn't expect much from them.
i don't know much about the draft but right now a couple of guys picked just behind pick 6 and 24 are impressing more than than the guys we picked at 6 and 24
im worried that they're focused on making the play-offs this season, at the risk of harming the team long term (theres talk they offered Kassian to Boston)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So for the first time since I started following ice hockey (and the wings) 21 years ago, the Red Wings will miss the playoffs

Out of all the teams, I think they have the least exciting prospects as well. So it's probably for the best.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back