Health & Fitness The Hangar Meat Head Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

I use the calorieking website.

Have similar meals most days, so i just copy the previous day's details and then make small adjustments. For example changing my dinner to another food or altering weights of things i eat slightly.

Only takes me 2-3 mins per day and i also have a "catchup" meal after dinner which i alter to get my macros spot on. (usually consisting of some carbs and a protein shake of various amounts).

I looked at that site, it seems pretty good. I've started using the MyFitnessPal app and it seems to do what I need it to do so far.

Huzzah for actually going into the Hangar for the first time ever!

I'm doing a 3 month course thingo when I recover from jaw surgery- Had some teeth embedded inside my jaw bone, go figure.
Just going to be cutting down heaps for the first month, then upping the carbs and the like in months two and three.

Do you guys use any particular brand of protein powder? I ordered a 4.5kg tub of Optimum 100% Gold Whey Protein last night (Rocky Road flavour), and I'm wondering if there's anything comparable...

I've just hit 82kg (15-16% bf - soon to be tested).

Lifts are all up 20-25% in the 4-5 months i've been bulking.

So in a week or so, dexa scan, and then a 20 week cut til mid november.

Thinking of getting a diet coach to get me to 7%.

So I had the jaw surgery and it f**king sucked. About to start the whole fitness deal within the week.

Starting off at 174cm, 78.5kg, 23.7% body fat.

I've got some Optimum Whey 100% Gold Protein powder and some USPlabs Jack3d to pump me up for workouts.
My diet and fitness are set, is there anything else recommended as a supplement?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like your attitude of doing everything but something.

I kid I kid.. but seriously worry less about supplements and more about lifting heavy things up and down.

Hahaha I know, I've just come out of surgery so it's all about waiting until I can actually lift anything.

I'll start with 10kg weights per arm (only using dumbells) and, if it gets too easy, head up to 15-20's.

Hahaha I know, I've just come out of surgery so it's all about waiting until I can actually lift anything.

I'll start with 10kg weights per arm (only using dumbells) and, if it gets too easy, head up to 15-20's.

What does your program look like? Assume with all your spare time you've got it all planned out?

What does your program look like? Assume with all your spare time you've got it all planned out?

First month is basically laying the foundations, trying to burn off the excess fat I have around my guts, and trying to get a solid foundation of muscle before I start increasing my workout time. Diet is pretty much lean chicken breast, turkey, high protein low fat stuff. Pretty boring and tasteless.

Second month is more carbs, still maintaining a high protein intake, and focusing more on strength/resistance training than cardio.

Third month is mixing the two together, but increasing my intake of food in general so I can gain a bit of weight. That also means I bump up the exercise to the point where I do 2 - 3 hours of constant weights, focusing on different parts of the body every day.

You guys seem to know what you're doing in here, so is there any help that can be offered?

I highly doubt you will burn enough fat in a month. I believe 500g-1kg a week is a rule of thumb if you're dieting hard.

Read this..

liamrosen.com/fitness
Cheers for the link, I'll read it after the docs tomorrow.

-Salutes-

Well hopefully there's a permanent solution this time.

I was back in the gym last night after one a bit weeks off due to a cold.

There's a guy at my gym that was in my class in high school. I've seen him there for awhile but he's clearly on or has been on the gear. He doesn't recognise me though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back