Music The Hangar Music Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is that so upsetting? Yacht rock is synonymous with 70s and 80s music.

It's a part of it, but I would have a hard time mentally linking David Palmer and Duran Duran with the likes of The Eagles and Loggins & Messina, save for the fact that probably at some point all of them probably worked with Jeff Porcaro. Even if they didn't it's a safe bet!

Also I'm joking.

ROBERT PALMER YOU PHILISTINE!

In my defence, David Palmer was the original lead singer for Steely Dan and co-wrote Carole King's Jazzman, so my references are still intact even if my sentence structure is confused and erroneous and I'm basically wrong.

I STILL WIN

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went and saw Karnivool last night for their tour celebrating a decade since the release of their Themata album.

Mind blowingly good. They are a band that has always been brilliant live, from the first time I saw them at The Enigma Bar in front of about 50 people to today, plus about 3 other times in between.

Went and saw Karnivool last night for their tour celebrating a decade since the release of their Themata album.

Mind blowingly good. They are a band that has always been brilliant live, from the first time I saw them at The Enigma Bar in front of about 50 people to today, plus about 3 other times in between.
I would love to see them but have never got there. That album was awesome.

I would love to see them but have never got there. That album was awesome.

The set list they're doing for this tour starts with Themata from start to finish which is an awesome way to rock out the first hour or so of the gig.

After that they did a few songs off Sounds Awake and only 1 off Asymmetry. Thankfully for me it was only 1 song off Assymetry as it's an album I struggled to get into.

It was a great night. I'm coming off a cold so my voice was starting to get a little hoarse anyway, after a hell of a lot of Pweter style singing last night it is completely shot today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back