Music The Hangar Music Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Song of the day

the note at 0:57..... damn....

How much of that KTM stuff have you got on vinyl DapperJong?

I kept about 80-100 records of it. Ranging from KPM, Bruton, De Wolfe, all werid and wacky labels.

I sold the majority to Northside Records on Gertrude St but they went on to sell pretty quickly. I did let a couple of gems go unknowingly that sold for about $300 each.....

This being one of them. Yan is very collectable.

I kept about 80-100 records of it. Ranging from KPM, Bruton, De Wolfe, all werid and wacky labels.

I sold the majority to Northside Records on Gertrude St but they went on to sell pretty quickly. I did let a couple of gems go unknowingly that sold for about $300 each.....
KPM sorry. 80-100. That's huge. Bugger about the gems.

What kind of turntable have you got? I've got a crappy old Marantz that a guy I bought some speakers off gave to me because he was done with vinyl. I wonder if it's worth getting a decent one though.

KPM sorry. 80-100. That's huge. Bugger about the gems.

What kind of turntable have you got? I've got a crappy old Marantz that a guy I bought some speakers off gave to me because he was done with vinyl. I wonder if it's worth getting a decent one though.

Depends what you use it for. My first set was SHHIIITT and I used to play at bars/open mic nights (horrible).

The problem was, they were quite hollow and would feedback when it got too loud. The bass would re-vibrate through the record and back up the needle.

So that's when I decided to get the tried and trusted Techics 1200-MK2. They are so heavy and durable. There's a reason they were the standard for so long.

BUT, if you're just playing them at home anything is ok. I would rather someone invest in fresh needles and good speakers.

What do you collect?

BUT, if you're just playing them at home anything is ok. I would rather someone invest in fresh needles and good speakers.
Yeah I bought a new needle for it. The original speakers I bought were Wharfedale Dovedale II's but I wasn't really too fond of the sound. Friend of mine gave me a pair of Sansui's he found on someone's verge which sound much better and they match the old Sansui amplifier I'm using nicely.

What do you collect?
Nothing 'specific'. If I like it I'll buy it kinda thing. My collection is quite eclectic and reflects my musical tastes.

Song of the day:

A rappppp classic from 10 years ago that went heavily under the radar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll try and remind you

Song of the day. Great performance at Meredith.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back