Music The Hangar Music Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Strangest thing happened. Wifey gets home, disappears into the house and comes back and hands me a record. She says she bought it for my birthday but given today we should chuck it on now. Bowie's first album. :hearts:

...wait, the Space Oddity one or the eponymous debut? Because the very first one is pretty nasty.

The Space Oddity one. Not his finest work for sure but I felt it was oddly appropriate.

Yeah, that one's OK. The one before it is mind-blowingly awful.

My top 10 Bowie tracks:

1. Station to Station
2. "Heroes"
3. Cat People (Putting Out Fire) (Let's Dance version)
4. Young Americans
5. Ashes to Ashes
6. Loving the Alien
7. Somebody Up there Likes Me
8. Blackout
9. Life on Mars?
10. Space Oddity

I saw these guys last night. I'm deaf.

They have two drummers and they're insane

edit: Beerfish this is your reminder :)

Last edited:
Will listen tonight.. if I remember.

Hey DapperJong wifey showed me something yesterday about a local am radio station (been around for many, many years) selling off it's vinyl collection in their car park soon in order to raise funds for the bushfire appeal over here. Think I'm going to have to check it out.

WWWWWWWWHHHATTTT

Where?

I just googled. I want so bad....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anything I should look out for?

From the looks of things, You'll get whatever was popular back in the day. I'd suggest keeping an eye out for any bands like the Easybeats, that type of thing. Anything by a popular band from that collection would have to be a first/early pressing. So even Rolling Stones or Led Zepp stuff. Any other genre obviously.

Could be getting an absoluet bargain.

Personally, I'd rummage through all of the sound effect/library stuff but not sure if there will be a whole lot. There would have to be some.

Personally, I'd rummage through all of the sound effect/library stuff but not sure if there will be a whole lot. There would have to be some.
Yeah the other stuff is a no brainer. This was more the kind of stuff I was getting at. Maybe I should give them a call and try to find out some more details. No doubt I'll have to get there pretty damn early to even have a chance at getting a look at anything potentially interesting.

KPM, Bruton, De Wolfe, all werid and wacky labels.
Do you think there's a chance they could have this kind of stuff?

Yeah the other stuff is a no brainer. This was more the kind of stuff I was getting at. Maybe I should give them a call and try to find out some more details. No doubt I'll have to get there pretty damn early to even have a chance at getting a look at anything potentially interesting.

Do you think there's a chance they could have this kind of stuff?

Yeah I can imagine them using this stuff for maybe news themes and things like that, or background music, music for ads etc.
Google those labels and check out what the covers look like. And yeah, definitely ask. You never know, the library stuff might get overlooked cos it can appear to be junk unless you know wha it is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back