Travel The Hangar Travel Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly don't plan on spending too much time in Vegas, but I'd like to see the sights. Just walk down the strip, lose some money, get married twice, you know how it is.

Also I've been told there's a place just off the strip which has enormous breakfasts so that's something.

There's lots of places that have large breakfasts, so that won't be a problem.

Are you into clubbing and/or strippers?

There's lots of places that have large breakfasts, so that won't be a problem.

Are you into clubbing and/or strippers?

Well from all reports that's a bad idea :p

Nah, not really. That's why I only plan to spend a couple of days in Vegas, as opposed to a full week or so.

Well from all reports that's a bad idea :p

Nah, not really. That's why I only plan to spend a couple of days in Vegas, as opposed to a full week or so.

That's probably for the best. Strippers here are... Different. Anyway, shoot me a pm before you come out here and I'll buy you a drink. :)

That's probably for the best. Strippers here are... Different. Anyway, shoot me a pm before you come out here and I'll buy you a drink. :)

See you in 16 months!

Well, New York and Boston were both several kinds of awesome.

NYC is just so....big. And full of people. And cramped. Yet, there are just so many things to do. Whether that be looking at the usual man-made sights, going to see the baseball, wandering through Central Park, exploring Brooklyn, Queens and Harlem. I could go on. But the main thing that strikes you about NYC is the incredible diversity and energy of the place. It just never stops. Ever.

However, I couldn't live there. Not on Manhattan, anyway. It's just too cramped.

Boston was different, but I possibly preferred it as it's just so much more laid back. But still with enough to do and see to keep you entertained. The architecture there was fantastic- really old style.

Oh, and the best discovery (well not really, but still pretty cool) of all? In the US, beers are not taxed according to alcohol content. It is therefore perfectly possible to enjoy a pint of a rich stout or IPA with, say, ABV of 9% or only ~$5; for the same beer here, you would pay $15.

Seeing the missus after three months was kind of alright, too. :p

Well, New York and Boston were both several kinds of awesome.

NYC is just so....big. And full of people. And cramped. Yet, there are just so many things to do. Whether that be looking at the usual man-made sights, going to see the baseball, wandering through Central Park, exploring Brooklyn, Queens and Harlem. I could go on. But the main thing that strikes you about NYC is the incredible diversity and energy of the place. It just never stops. Ever.

However, I couldn't live there. Not on Manhattan, anyway. It's just too cramped.

Boston was different, but I possibly preferred it as it's just so much more laid back. But still with enough to do and see to keep you entertained. The architecture there was fantastic- really old style.

Oh, and the best discovery (well not really, but still pretty cool) of all? In the US, beers are not taxed according to alcohol content. It is therefore perfectly possible to enjoy a pint of a rich stout or IPA with, say, ABV of 9% or only ~$5; for the same beer here, you would pay $15.

Seeing the missus after three months was kind of alright, too. :p

Was about to tag you and ask how it all went actually! Haha

Vegas is freaking amazing. I never wanted to leave. In fact my wife and I came back with a third person unbeknownst to us at the time. Canada is also outstanding. I seriously want to move there. Of course the fact that my wife is a Newfie helps a lot, because I'm in love with the place.

Vegas is freaking amazing. I never wanted to leave. In fact my wife and I came back with a third person unbeknownst to us at the time. Canada is also outstanding. I seriously want to move there. Of course the fact that my wife is a Newfie helps a lot, because I'm in love with the place.
If you never leave Vegas, you must have some serious cash to splash.

It's so cheap really.

Yes but it is also awesome!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone here got some juicy travel plans in the pipeline?

I have precisely none at the moment, not even domestically. It's a little depressing, to be honest.

Catching up with a few friends in Thailand in a couple of weeks that i've met in a few random spots across the world. Probably stay there for a few months then hit up a few other bits and pieces of Asia before heading into South America again. One of those trips that could be 2 months or a 2 year kind of deal. How the dons go will be a big indicator as to when ill be back.

I have precisely none at the moment, not even domestically. It's a little depressing, to be honest.

New York, Boston and Washington in Feb.

I might be in Perth for NYE, apart from that, I'm tentatively looking at a trip to America mid/late next year.

If you're coming to Perth for NYE make sure to bring protective equipment.

Just booked a trip to Fiji for June next year!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back