Movies & TV The Hangar TV Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Starting to get over the Game Of Thrones formula.
Very repetitive isn't it. You could tell this season didn't have a big GRRM influence.

Could see most of the big moments happening a mile away too.

With his last breath he should've grabbed that kid by the throat Homer style.

"Why you little.."
Would have been funny, I'll admit.

So, basically, this is how it will probably go for the rest:

Daenerys and Toman fight for the Iron Throne.

Knights Watch and Free Folk get into a war because Jon Snow is dead and hack each other to bits, basically letting the White Walkers kill the rest of mankind.

Daenerys is really the only sensible choice for the Iron Throne now since she controls dragons and they're the only chance of killing the White Walkers.

Kinda seems like a lock that Snow gets revived somehow by lord of light since it seems too coincidental for Mel to wind up at the wall when Snow gets got. Lol nights watch tho, there's like 30 of them now? Jon and co run into whole big dead army and they think it's a great idea to off him?

I hate pretty much everything about Dany's storyline and have for a while which is a big factor of me losing enjoyment. Hopefully they pick up the Bran stuff again.

So John Snow really did know nothing after all.

Up to episode 10 of Sense8 Howard Moon. Very unique. I'm not sure who writes it but there feels like there's quite a bit of Larry/Lana in it.

I'm still up to 5, starting to get more Jonas, good how they did the hospital break.

So keen to know more about Jonas and whispers but am feeling it's going to take a while, maybe even season two?

I read a scathing review that Said it was cardboard, 8 boring stories stitched together by a flimsy premace.

That's crap, some people are all about Instsnt gratification...I'm.enjoying the slow burn. He also Said how conveninet each of the cluster are repressed or have social demons.....well I think that's short sighted...

I have a feeling they were birthed BECAUSE of their issues and need the support of their cluster to break free of it...anyhow

I'm.sure I'll find this out. I'll catch up to ten soon so we can discuss!

I'm still up to 5, starting to get more Jonas, good how they did the hospital break.

So keen to know more about Jonas and whispers but am feeling it's going to take a while, maybe even season two?

I read a scathing review that Said it was cardboard, 8 boring stories stitched together by a flimsy premace.

That's crap, some people are all about Instsnt gratification...I'm.enjoying the slow burn. He also Said how conveninet each of the cluster are repressed or have social demons.....well I think that's short sighted...

I have a feeling they were birthed BECAUSE of their issues and need the support of their cluster to break free of it...anyhow

I'm.sure I'll find this out. I'll catch up to ten soon so we can discuss!
Yeah the hospital break has probably been the highlight so far for me. Really gave a sense of what the cluster is capable of and why they might be seen as a threat by some.

She's not real ethan.
thanks-captain-obvious.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I finished Sense8 last night. Thought it was pretty good.

Although I'm not sure how they propose to keep Will unconscious indefinitely so Whispers can't find them. Also, why wouldn't they just blindfold him?? Did also thoroughly enjoy Sun kicking arse again and Wolfgang's old rocket launcher in the boot trick.:D

Looking forward to season 2 which I guess will be sometime next year...

Well, duh.

I'm not sure if the show has fully caught up with the books, so avert thine eyes, spoiler-phobes.

- Guy dies unexpectedly, just as woman who can raise dead is meandering her way towards him.
- Guy has unknown mother.
- Guy's alleged father has sister who perhaps had unknown child.
- Father of unknown child is dead brother of Queen over the ocean.
- Father of unknown child had another son, legitimate heir to the throne, presumed dead but maybe alive.
- Prophecy holds that monarch who'll save the world will be "dragon with three heads".
- Queen owns three dragons, and comes from family where they marry close relations.
- Jeez I wonder who those other two heads could possibly refer to.

I honestly can't believe I put in enough time to read my way this far down the spiral, but I suppose I'm committed to whatever pap he puts out next.

Last edited:
Wifey has me watching something now called Bloodline with Ben Mendelsohn in it. Geez he's looking old. Another character driven, slow burn thing but without any fantastic element. Kind of a murder story I guess where you know early on who was murdered but it slowly reveals how it got to that.
Massive Mendelsohn fan and been debating whether to watch this one, is it worth it? For me his work in America has been 50/50 but stuff like Animal Kingdom is unreal - if anything he does in US equals 25% of that I'm in (which Place beyond the pines/killing them softly does)

Massive Mendelsohn fan and been debating whether to watch this one, is it worth it? For me his work in America has been 50/50 but stuff like Animal Kingdom is unreal - if anything he does in US equals 25% of that I'm in (which Place beyond the pines/killing them softly does)
If you're a "massive Mendelsohn fan" then yeah watch it but if the premise of a family foibles based drama turns you off then it may not be your cup of tea regardless of the fact he's in it. He basically plays the black sheep eldest son of a family based on a small island in Florida who run a small holiday resort who returns home after an extended period away and the dramas that ensue. They haven't gone into specifics yet (only seen the first two episodes) but you can assume there's been drug and alcohol abuse, criminal activity and possibly jail time in his past. It was a bit of a yawnfest for me until it became obvious that something *pause for effect* sinister had gone down.

Oh yeah, Sissy Spacek plays the matriarch.

I'm curious to Sansa and Theon's next move. Unless I'm mistaken their only options are going North, to the Wall and her half-brother, or east and across the narrow sea.

I thought they committed suicide? How could anyone survive a fall from that height?
Because it's fantasy fiction. Logic doesn't apply here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back