Movies & TV The Hangar TV Thread

Yeah I argued with Wahooti Fandango for years that the US version wasn't a patch on the original UK.

Then one day I finally got into the US one and grew to love it.

The trick is to accept that they're entirely different shows. Once I accepted that the US version was not intended to be a slow, mockumentary like the original and rather a very scripted sitcom (minus the canned laughter), I could appreciate it for what it was.

FWIW I think Jim and Pam are both better then Tim and Dawn, as individuals and a collective.

Yeah I argued with Wahooti Fandango for years that the US version wasn't a patch on the original UK.

Then one day I finally got into the US one and grew to love it.

The trick is to accept that they're entirely different shows. Once I accepted that the US version was not intended to be a slow, mockumentary like the original and rather a very scripted sitcom (minus the canned laughter), I could appreciate it for what it was.

FWIW I think Jim and Pam are both better then Tim and Dawn, as individuals and a collective.

I'd be interested to see what the Idris Elba character would think of Tim as opposed to Jim.

I think he might have a slightly higher opinion of Tim, I dunno.

I'd be interested to see what the Idris Elba character would think of Tim as opposed to Jim.

I think he might have a slightly higher opinion of Tim, I dunno.
Definitely wouldn't feel as threatened by Tim.

Jim is essentially the alpha male, but he's too humble to take advantage of it.

Definitely wouldn't feel as threatened by Tim.

Jim is essentially the alpha male, but he's too humble to take advantage of it.

Ehh... I've only seen up to Season 5, but I do find it interesting that Jim is effectively hopeless with responsibility and an inadequate leader.

Back