The Heavy Metal Law!!

Remove this Banner Ad

eviles enforced line-up change hasnt worked out well for them :(

Portal are a really cool death metal band from queensland...quite original look about them as well :)

Same here. Only recently discovered them. Class act.

Might be old news to some headbangers but has anyone listened to Portal of I by Ne Obliviscaris. Fantastic album if you are interested in symphonic elements, Black Metal and ambient music.

Also been on a thrash binge. Listening a lot of Kreator, Overill, Testament, Evile, Municipal Waste, Destruction and Exodus. Favorite at the moment would have to be Kreator's Coma of Souls.

The second paragraph is worthy of this thread, no doubt, though I lean towards earlier Kreator stuff such as Pleasure to Kill.

NeObliviscaris, on the other hand, can piss right off. Half of the hype is created by themselves, describing themselves as amazing musicians and the like. Metal is not NeOb. They are a sooky little bunch (got us kicked off myspace years ago) that should disassociate themselves from the "metal" scene. I doubt the jazz scene would want them either. They are like the kid at school that thinks he is different, unique, smart, talented, but really is just a tosser.

On the other hand, we played a gig with Goatwhore and Impiety at the corner hotel on the weekend. Did anyone here go?? Impiety was totally wild. Off tap crazy Singaporean buggers.

The second paragraph is worthy of this thread, no doubt, though I lean towards earlier Kreator stuff such as Pleasure to Kill.

NeObliviscaris, on the other hand, can piss right off. Half of the hype is created by themselves, describing themselves as amazing musicians and the like. Metal is not NeOb. They are a sooky little bunch (got us kicked off myspace years ago) that should disassociate themselves from the "metal" scene. I doubt the jazz scene would want them either. They are like the kid at school that thinks he is different, unique, smart, talented, but really is just a tosser.

On the other hand, we played a gig with Goatwhore and Impiety at the corner hotel on the weekend. Did anyone here go?? Impiety was totally wild. Off tap crazy Singaporean buggers.
IMpiety, doesnt the guy own a metal shop in singapore as well??

IMpiety, doesnt the guy own a metal shop in singapore as well??
Can't say I am sure, but I was speaking to a bloke from Singapore, Hans, who has a metal shop in Singapore. He was telling me he sold our s**t, and taught our songs to his guitar students, which is a bit mind-boggling. He does not play in Impiety though.

The Impiety guy doesn't. I think there's two metal stores in Singapore at the moment (was over there earlier this year to see Metalucifer and Judas Priest) and both stores are pretty small. Pretty sure I saw some Destrucktor in the store GD is probably talking about (small selection of items there, mostly black/death). Of note, Pulverized Records (decent label & mailorder) don't actually have physical store.

So...anyone at all interested in Soundwave? Metallica & Anthrax on the bill, alongide Kyuss Lives...Flogging Molly are a personal (non-metal) fave of mine as well. May be just enough to get me along. Would be interested in having a look at Tomahawk as well.

Other highlights or point of interest?

(Line-up here, in case you hadn't seen it: http://www.soundwavefestival.com/)

Kingdom of sorrow are also on the bill if you dig sludge. Which I do.
Red Fang for some stoner rock. Have seen Tomahawk, Kyuss Anthrax and Cancer Bats before and will do again,
Metallica will be a good way to finish the day.

I'll be there.

So...anyone at all interested in Soundwave? Metallica & Anthrax on the bill, alongide Kyuss Lives...Flogging Molly are a personal (non-metal) fave of mine as well. May be just enough to get me along. Would be interested in having a look at Tomahawk as well.

Other highlights or point of interest?

(Line-up here, in case you hadn't seen it: http://www.soundwavefestival.com/)
Would not go to see soundwave for metallica and hope they do a side show bro.

The BDO a few years ago where metallica played was a joke, just not the 'metal' crowd, full of grunge tossers. I think it was the year when they played at myer music bowl which was fantastic, 10,000 people with a whole lot of people who could not get in break down the fence to get in.

I'll keep an eye out for the side show, there are a few good shows coming up in melbourne including 'apocalptica' in September.

Anthrax, again sideshow, their most recent album was awesome!

Just read that Metallica are festival exclusive (eg. no sideshows).

I was initially a bit disappointed with the line up, probably because I compared it to this year's Soundwave, which was immense. But there's enough quality there to make for a good day. Looking forward to seeing Cancer Bats and Kyuss Lives.

kingdom of sorrow without Kirk windstein is not so great.
Kyuss lives would be better with Nick Oliveri but I am still super excited to see them.
metallica is always good fun.
red fang are cool.
anthrax is a yes.
Ghost is cool.
cancer bats are like the only other NEW type band I like besides Kverlertak
basically Kyuss are playing so I will be going.

kingdom of sorrow without Kirk windstein is not so great.
Kyuss lives would be better with Nick Oliveri but I am still super excited to see them.
metallica is always good fun.
red fang are cool.
anthrax is a yes.
Ghost is cool.
cancer bats are like the only other NEW type band I like besides Kverlertak
basically Kyuss are playing so I will be going.
I didn't realise Kirk wasn't part of it. s**t damn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't realise Kirk wasn't part of it. s**t damn.
He just plays on the records as far as I know.
Cant see him playing what with Down on tour with pentagram atm.
Wish they would bring Down and pentagram out for soundwave.

On a slightly different Soundwave note - what the hell are Garbage doing on that bill??
They've almost always had some sort of 90's act along for the ride that everyone thought was dead. Still, it's bit odd, I agree.

Soundwave dont sound too bad when you read Metallica, Anthrax and Kyuss. Got some hesitations with all of em though.

Metallica is looking and sounding tired I reckon. Blasphemy I know, but still I wouldnt mind seeing them outdoors and not on their own turf so to speak. At the Syd BDO a few years ago they played through a thunder storm, lightning aplenty. Spine tingling, and on that account I'd givem another go.

Anthrax depends on who is gonna be singing when they actually tour. Bush im in, Joey Im out. They could change the lineup 3 times before they get here.

Kyuss .... just wouldn't be the same without Josh I reckon, though If Scott Reeder was playing bass, I'd almost be there.

I like the sound of the the rumours about Slayer. Slayer pulled outta Sydney soundwave a few years ago due to Tom and a busted eardrum, or infection i think? I feel they might kinda owe us one.

Lastly, my wife mentions that she heard Cradle of Filth were coming out, for some sorta festival she says. I mentioned Soundwave and she says that was it. I have absolutely no idea on that, it just could be my wife geeing me up, but they would get me across the line if true.

Kyuss .... just wouldn't be the same without Josh I reckon, though If Scott Reeder was playing bass, I'd almost be there.
I saw Kyuss last time, and they were ******* awesome. Josh isn't needed or missed.

I already thought he was a ********, but to threaten a lawsuit against his former bandmates because they want to play their old songs( and he denied their invitation to join them), well, he's lost many more fans for that.

Lastly, my wife mentions that she heard Cradle of Filth were coming out, for some sorta festival she says. I mentioned Soundwave and she says that was it. I have absolutely no idea on that, it just could be my wife geeing me up, but they would get me across the line if true.

Seeing COF is always a giggle especially seeing Danni bop around on stage like a little girl. He has zero stage presence.

Check this out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back