The Hip Hop Thread - Part 3

Aus hip-hop isn't.

On the topic of Aus hip-hop, I'm getting Allday tickets tomorrow.
It's an indictment that aus hip hop actually is; despite the fact I have zero interest in any aus hip hop.

K. Anyone happen to go the Corner last night to see the king of Aus hip-hop, Trem One, in action? He murdered it. Lazy Grey made an appearance too.

I was going to but I had to work - a couple of mates went along and said it was great.

That line-up is a wet dream for an early to mid 2000s Aussie hip-hop fan.

Yeah it was ripper.

Do yourselves a favour:

Did Trem and Lazy do this one again?

Totally random aside - I did stats for the Hunter Cup last year. The only time I've ever spoken to Trem was when he told me off for marking him down as having one kick when he actually had two apparently, haha.

Hopefully he gets around to dropping another solo one day.

getthefooty

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Did Trem and Lazy do this one again?

Yeah they sure did - a pretty rare sight I would've thought.

Totally random aside - I did stats for the Hunter Cup last year. The only time I've ever spoken to Trem was when he told me off for marking him down as having one kick when he actually had two apparently, haha.

Hopefully he gets around to dropping another solo one day

Haha he's a great dude - one of my mates had the pleasure of interviewing him not long ago and his answers were terrific, gave a lot of his time and had a chat. Don't think he likes much of what hip-hop has become.

Haha he's a great dude - one of my mates had the pleasure of interviewing him not long ago and his answers were terrific, gave a lot of his time and had a chat. Don't think he likes much of what hip-hop has become.

Was it the Ozhiphop interview? If so tell him great work, that was a really good read :thumbsu:

headache1

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Apr 10, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings, Arsenal
The best hip hop artist since wu tangs hey day IMO

Jackie-Chan-Meme-Template.jpg

headache1

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Apr 10, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings, Arsenal
It's an indictment that aus hip hop actually is; despite the fact I have zero interest in any aus hip hop.

Triple J has a lot to answer for, but the biggest indictment of Aus Hip Hop currently, is that people are actually willing to pay to see Allday. For a kid that grew up in one of the most privleged countries in the world, he sure is a whiny little s**t. Type of kid that would have got his disrespectful arse kicked at a hip hop show 10 years ago.

Please not the 'IMO' , personal choice mate it's what makes the world go round

Kendrick Lamar though? Have you listened to hip hop since Wu Tang in their hey day?

Wu Tang's prime can mean so many different things too. It could be anything from 1993-2001 depending on who you ask. Maybe even later.

Kendrick's album was really bloody good though to be fair.

there are people who consider it something other than 93 to 97?

You'd hope not given how poor their output was for the few years after that, but Supreme Clientele did come out in 2000.

Was more just pointing out how much of an arbitrary timeframe 'since their prime' was.

Gubbz

Team Captain
Aug 1, 2010
36th Chamber
AFL Club
West Coast
Anyone here a fan of Sadistik? He's very well thought of one the US label hip-hop site I post on. I bought Flowers For My Father (and its predecessor), but haven' quite had the urge to play and replay. He's clearly a talent, but for me it's a tad too downbeat and samey.

My mate showed me some of his stuff the other week and to me it sounded like he was biting Slugs (Atmosphere) style a bit too much haha. But in saying that I thought it was reasonable, just depends what head space you want to get into I suppose. He did do some decent tracks with cunninglinguists - worth a listen.

Back