The Hip Hop Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

First heard these guys tonight. If you like this, look up the songs 'Shine' and 'Quick Fast' from them too.

Last edited:

This thread needs more chat about Kendrick. To Pimp A Butterfly is incredible

Stopped listening to it 3 days after initial purchase.

One of those albums...
It is very different. It probably took me 4 or 5 listens to really start to appreciate it. With The Blacker The Berry being the first we heard of it (other than I) I must admit I was a little disappointed it was so different to GKMC. Once I got past that though and let myself accept it as it was, I came to enjoy it more

It is very different. It probably took me 4 or 5 listens to really start to appreciate it. With The Blacker The Berry being the first we heard of it (other than I) I must admit I was a little disappointed it was so different to GKMC. Once I got past that though and let myself accept it as it was, I came to enjoy it more
I cranked it, I get it, I 'appreciate' it, doesn't mean I think it's particularly worth listening to again.

Not really a fan of the albums aesthetics on the whole.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This dude sounds alright, another aussie artist.
Apparently has an album coming out soon.

Another aussie one, a hip hop group from WA I think.
Not much info on them around

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up, big fan of JMT.
Violent by Design is my fav album by them.

Just listened to it. Personally think its hit and miss by Vinnie. Would like to know your take on the album when you get a chance

For a start, I don't like his coarse voice. It grates on me. I think his politics are ignorant and over the top. In general, his style and delivery just doesn't appeal to me much. I've never listened to a verse and his and been blown away by his insight into anything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back