Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 25, 2010
Meekatharra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors NBA Champions
The Hotplate looks like My Kitchen Rules on channel 7 except you just have to remove the French flog of a chef and insert the English royal wanna be chef flog.

Didn't watch one single episode of Masterchef this year and can not see any reason to watch either of thses 2 shows.

Too many cooking show on now. Stupid idiots.

Sadly I watched a Restaurant Revulsion on Channel 7.....train wreck tv has just left the station.....

5 different restaurants around Oz. Each group has to present the name of their establishment, business plan and menu to a panel of 4 including Neil Perry.

The Victorian couple decide to name their restaurant "Yum Yum"

Question: What type of restaurant do you think this would be? A) A fine dining experience at its best; or B) a cheap Asian eat in take away?

Answer shortly.

The Adelaide team seem ok (boy did the Vics looked both shocked and annoyed) and the Sydney guy might do alright and the WA girls....well...ok..and the Queensland group...go back to the van now.

The answer from the Vic team was A and the answer from the panel and this shocked the Victorians who both slapped their foreheads and said we never even considered that: B.

Verdict: I will not be making this part of my staple of tv viewing.

Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
Hotplate - MKR rip off where the contestants actually own restaurants and get their food critiqued exactly like the home restaurant rounds on MKR. The judges I've never heard of. Really didn't enjoy the first ep much with an Italian Restaurant cooking very, very average food. The only enjoyable part was the cleavage of the younger Italian woman.

Restaurant Revolution - Looks like a variation of the old 'My Restaurant Rules' where the contestants set up their own restaurants from scratch, but only this time it's the trendy pop-up restaurant style. I think this one had a bit more heart to it, and the annoying/big mouth woman from Melbourne could be interesting to watch, not to mention the crazy Asian lady.

Overall, Hotplate needs to improve a lot because the first ep was crap. Restaurant Revolution has potential to be OK.

JamisonRun40

Norm Smith Medallist
May 26, 2013
Nollamara, WA
AFL Club
Carlton
Confession time I am really enjoying RR, especially the Brisbane team. Can't stand Maz she seems like a person who gets her own way far too much. Loved the way she paid out on him about his cooking. The marketing brand female is horrible. Glad that the Brisbane team won the contest last night. I don't know why people don't listen to the experts, looking at you Dom. He really needs to get people in to help him out.

RR has been alright. It is essentially My Restaurant Rules from 10 years ago. I'll be watching it just to see the Melbourne bird fail.

WowWeee

Club Legend
Jun 17, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Which is the one that was solely made for some dude to get rid off old shipping containers?

Restaurant Revolution

I dont mind Restaurant Revo. The melbourne chick though............. what a fking bitch!

Cringed soo hard watching QLD team present their idea etc.

JamisonRun40

Norm Smith Medallist
May 26, 2013
Nollamara, WA
AFL Club
Carlton
Unfortunately the WA couple on RR have no idea and are letting the kitchen done. Still really like the Qld and SA teams.

Duck Duck Moose which was on Hotplate last night is located in Mandurah which is a hour away from Perth and it is a lovely place to eat. I haven't watched much of the show but as RR is not on the next two nights I will give this one a go.

RisingPhoenix

Club Legend
Dec 20, 2010
Great Southern
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
NAFC, SDFC, MUFC.
Taller Perth bird from RR....

image.jpg

Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
Seven will next week replace its ratings dud in the key Tuesday timeslot with the premiere of Cats Make You Laugh Out Loud "a compilation of the most hilarious and outrageous cat-themed videos on the internet".

In a move that will, presumably leave rivals Nine laughing – possibly out loud – deploying the feline funsters means Seven is effectively waving the white flag in its food fight with Nine's The Hotplate.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...n-on-seven-20150804-gir7jt.html#ixzz3hqcv8DUR

It's weird, I thought RR was the better of the two. I've been annoyed this week because Prime 7 has already done this without any explanation.

WowWeee

Club Legend
Jun 17, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
hotplate is just a poor's man version of MKR......... even the judge looks like a poor's man Manu

Back