The Hun: Fri 27th Feb - James Hird decides against High Court challenge in his war against ASADA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
JAMES Hird’s one-man war against the AFL and the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority is over.

Hird has opted not to seek special leave to appeal his case against ASADA to the High Court of Australia.

Article Link

Lucky I was sitting down at the time as I was shocked....

I honestly thought he was going to quit once he elected to not appeal. He hasn't been a good bloke yet, so I guess I shouldn't have expected that to change.

Can't believe he's got the gall to coach next week while half his list watch from the sidelines. Sometimes I forget he is bigger then the Essendon footy club.

Does Hird really want to drop them appeal or is he being forced to against his will ??? We all know what Hird's word is worth, a motion to appeal will probably be submitted on Monday .....

"The prospects of a High Court victory were considered slim, despite Hird’s insistence that the joint investigation between ASADA and the AFL into the club’s 2012 supplements program was unlawful."

But I insist your honour!

I was looking forward to this ridiculous sh*t playing out in the highest court in the land.

Will be interesting to see if he is still there for the game. I'm not sure if certain information about him will reach the public's eyes, but I imagine it will at some point. If it does, good night sweet prince.
You're a real tease Miss Lovelace

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly thought he was going to quit once he elected to not appeal. He hasn't been a good bloke yet, so I guess I shouldn't have expected that to change.

Can't believe he's got the gall to coach next week while half his list watch from the sidelines. Sometimes I forget he is bigger then the Essendon footy club.

James' GB is noticeably enlarged.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 3
he needed to appeal to maintain any sort of credibility he may think he still has. to be as adamant as he is that the investigation was unlawful dictates that he needed to appeal. then, when leave to appeal is refused, he could've at least said he took it as far as he can and stick to his convictions it was not lawful. that at least shows a man who backs up his words with his actions. but no, you couldn't do that jimmy cos you know any appeal has no chance in hell of succeeding because the investigation was, wait for it, lawful.

don't try to steamroll everyone that you are now just interested in focusing on football. i love this quote: “This is the best opportunity for our players to just play football and for me to coach.” the best opportunity for that was 6 months ago when you decided to take this to court. once you decided you had to fight for the players rights by taking court action, you needed to follow it through to the high court. you've never acted in their best interests during this saga, and you sure aren't now. just come out and say that you know you are baked and can't win. be a man. for once.

the truth is the best chance for the players to play footy and move on from this debacle is if they see your back walking out of tullamarine once and for all. to think that he can sit in the coaches box for the 1st two rounds of the NAB challenge while half the list sit in the stands, not knowing their fate, is sickening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back