Mega Thread The Random Thoughts Thread Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone old and nerdy enough to remember this s**t?

ds-funway1cover.jpg

So I bought a Scalextric set for Wylde jnr for Xmas.... Or is it for me?
You.
In the late 70s I connected my set up with a mates as a group of us gathered to watch Bathurst when it was still Bathurst. Hundreds of Scalextric laps, many beers, an epic day. I left it at that share house afterwards, that day was sort of a Viking funeral for it.

You.
In the late 70s I connected my set up with a mates as a group of us gathered to watch Bathurst when it was still Bathurst. Hundreds of Scalextric laps, many beers, an epic day. I left it at that share house afterwards, that day was sort of a Viking funeral for it.

I'm still trying to find all if my old set.... Had so much track it's not funny.

It's in the old mans shed I swear...

The walking dead mid season finale....what a fizzer twas
This whole Wolves distraction s**t is dragging the show even further down.
It's not like they have to pace it slowly to not catch the comic, it's seasons ahead of the show at the pace it's going.

I stopped watching a few episodes ago, I'll catch up eventually however the whole Glen dead/not-dead thing pissed me off, they held back the obvious reveal far too long.

So if Dylan8 was a real mod, wouldnt he of bant me by now for being a real arse/knob jockey??..............he's obviously lame at his modding, letting fu%K silly people like me through to the keeper :fire:

I wish i was mod of the snakes and ladders board, i'd let tuesdays for chardonnay bingo and to end the night it would be lucky dip....................could win some plastic hair dresser scissors :thumbsu:

Test Cricket, love the day night pink ball. Im a traditionalist, so only one day night game here in any series. Lets make it Adelaides.

Does anyone actually buy Dick Smith brand electrical goods? all I've ever bought there is cables n' s**t

*Officeworks and JB do better deals for pc related crap

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This whole Wolves distraction s**t is dragging the show even further down.
It's not like they have to pace it slowly to not catch the comic, it's seasons ahead of the show at the pace it's going.

I stopped watching a few episodes ago, I'll catch up eventually however the whole Glen dead/not-dead thing pissed me off, they held back the obvious reveal far too long.
This season is so so good...and yet so so bad...

They really need to speed it up a bit....

They really did mess up the wolves story line..

I worked there in management for 5 years until 2013. The problems run very very deep. The buying team are atrocious, and there is no surprise they have had to write off so much of their depreciating stock they failed to sell.

They have now branched into appliances to copy JB, long long way behind the 8 ball.

They hold 300m in inventory which is the same as JB, but they turn over 1/3 of the stock, which means the stock they have is often out of date as it takes them so long to move such a large inventory.

Their profit margins are solid, in fact they are better than JB in this regard by about 4%, but they don't move anything close to the volume.

You can thank Woolworths for changing the direction of the business to purely consumer electronics as it was after their purchase of DS that this happened. They then sold the flagging business to a private equity firm in anchorage, who promptly made 200m on it by listing it on the share market. It was listed at $2.0 initially, its now 31 cents.

Mismanagement and an overall lack of buying talent and strategic thinking has destroyed a very solid brand. When I left, anchorage and their handpuppet DS CEO Nick abboud were inflicting serious cultural change which effectively forced out their best talent to other retailers. Their internal policies and treatment of staff is horrendous now.

They have cut store level wages to a shoestring and the staff that are battling to serve everyone cop abuse of all kinds as theh struggle to meet demand. Anchorage have since now shifted online orders to be processed and shipped at store level - adding this massive task to stores without adding extra wages to do so. That business is malfunctioning in a big way, and it's very sad.

Agree with every word Doc. And by the way, the smart arse market analyst jibe wasn't directed at anybody here.

I knew someone on here used to work at DS. I loved the place years ago. When Woolworths bought it they didn't just take on the consumer electronics, they packaged all their electronic components in blister packaging and up went the price by 400%. At that time I became exclusively a Tandy shopper... until they were bought out. I don't need blister packaging. I hate it. It adds to the cost and is a waste of resources that end up in landfill.

Now I buy all my electronics at Jaycar, or, if I'm in no hurry and CBF going to Jaycar, Ebay.

Does anyone actually buy Dick Smith brand electrical goods? all I've ever bought there is cables n' s**t

*Officeworks and JB do better deals for pc related crap

Yep. Easily their most profitable and high moving lines. By a long long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back