Mega Thread The Random Thoughts Thread Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd guess that too, but HJ's cheeseburgers have sesame seeds. So someone just failed.

Nah, not anymore!

Got rid of the sesame seeds on cheeseburgers a while ago.

Clearly HJ's reply to my tweeted complaint was just lip service...

still on training wheels then

Who was the bloke that said he was just going to find a woman he hated and buy her a house to save a few years of heartache?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, just saying "emo" is a descriptive word, not an insult. Kinda like "jock". Or "nerd". These words are awesome, descriptive words and I love stereotypes. But when people turn them into insults I don't really get it.
everything can be given or considered an insult no matter what it is, emo, hipsters, port supporters, just these days everyone is so sensitive and precious. nothing wrong with some good old fashioned stirring.

Season 2 of Peaky Blinders so far is pretty good

Call me a nostalgic old school fool but I actually listened to SAFM for the first time ever this morning.

Wanted to see if they'd play "Sultans of Swing" to bookend the station. Since that was the first song it played way back in 1980. Just a little homage.

F@%k that! No room for sentiment. Not even for 4.27min. Not in cutthroat commercial radio. No, instead they played this s#it...

Call me a nostalgic old school fool but I actually listened to SAFM for the first time ever this morning.

Wanted to see if they'd play "Sultans of Swing" to bookend the station.

Since that was the first song it played way back in 1980. ........
I remember that like it was yesterday. FM Radio was just so technologically advanced.

Wanted to see if they'd play "Sultans of Swing" to bookend the station. Since that was the first song it played way back in 1980. Just a little homage.

F@%k that! No room for sentiment. Not even for 4.27min. Not in cutthroat commercial radio. No, instead they played this s#it...

DoubleSA-FM (as it was known back then) was actually quite progressive in its early incarnation. Not to nearly the same level as 5-MMM (now Three-D) which established itself on the FM band in 1979, but it was a far cry from the boorish station it became. Andrew Peters was their number one announcer from memory, and he also hosted Rock Arena on ABC-TV before Suzanne Dowling.

Amazing how long it took for the superior quality FM stereo to take off. AM "rock" stations remained more popular for a couple more years before FM radio took off.

Went to Allianz Arena today to see Bayern Munich flog Werder Bremen 6-0. Even with 71,000 chanting Bayern fans, the atmosphere didn't compare to NTUA with a full house at AO. Although after 6 goals, I can't get the f**king riff from Seven Nation Army out of my head.
no doubt there would be games in Europe with amazing atmosphere at games though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back