Mega Thread The Random Thoughts Thread Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone watch 'The Thick Of It'? I have just got into it and with the benefit of watching the last 5 episodes say this is what the British do better than anyone else. So clever, so funny but not in a laugh out loud way.
No, but I should since I've been getting into Veep (highly recommended) which is written by the game guy.

Anyone watch 'The Thick Of It'? I have just got into it and with the benefit of watching the last 5 episodes say this is what the British do better than anyone else. So clever, so funny but not in a laugh out loud way.

No, but I should since I've been getting into Veep (highly recommended) which is written by the game guy.

Both are excellent. Had no idea they were written by the same guy but it makes sense.

Malcolm Tucker's verbal description of Star Wars is one of the funniest things I think I've ever heard.

The Thick Of It is one of my all time favourites. I had Malcolm Tucker as my avatar for 2-3 years. Brilliant show.

So I'm in Canada a couple of weeks back for a friends wedding. My mate has previously brought back some souvenirs for his fiance's family, including a couple of Power hats and stubbie holders.

We're in general conversation with his fiance's Canadian father, and when talk turns to sport, he turns to me and proclaims "Oh!! You guys root for the Power Fisters don't you!! Go the Power Fisters!!"...

It took us a second to figure out what he was talking about, after which we fell about in fits of laughter.. feeling a little bad because he hadn't realised what he'd said wrong... Had to correct him on the name.. but it was a good attempt on his part considering our logo lol

Up the Power Fisters!!

On the plus side, the brides brother came back to aus for a holiday, and I drove him up to the Port Club so he could buy about $200 work of merch to take home :)

Power Fisters... ffs :rolleyes:. I mean that just sort of proves how stupid our logo branding is.

Power fisting came directly after scissor action in tribeys poty but was edited out by over zealous moderation.

Picture it.

I had an essay for my Indigenous Studies course which was worth 40% of my grade. Now, I need to maintain a high GPA so I spent a lot of time and effort on this essay.

I accidentally submitted a ******* draft. A ******* incomplete ******* draft. It had 1200 of 2000 words and the referencing was a mess. I got 60% but my prof said it was of high quality and she'd have given me 95% or higher if I handed up the complete one. I said I've got it right here, on my USB, but she said she can't change it now.

Fuuuck!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 'Power Fisters' moniker has identity benefits that 'Power' simply lacks.

Firstly, it is a real concept, so our identity can be stronger as logos can be made easier as artists and designers don't have to dabble into the abstract to try and encapsulate our identity.

Secondly, 'Power Fisters' can be sentient and therefore personified/anthropomorphised into a colourful mascot which kids can enjoy – another benefit to identity.

Thirdly, and lastly, it can play into goal celebration techniques with team mates. High fives? No sir, us Power Fisters from Port Adelaide only fist (bump) each other.

I had an essay for my Indigenous Studies course which was worth 40% of my grade. Now, I need to maintain a high GPA so I spent a lot of time and effort on this essay.

I accidentally submitted a ******* draft. A ******* incomplete ******* draft. It had 1200 of 2000 words and the referencing was a mess. I got 60% but my prof said it was of high quality and she'd have given me 95% or higher if I handed up the complete one. I said I've got it right here, on my USB, but she said she can't change it now.

Fuuuck!
warehouse-forklift-crash.gif

You should have labelled that NSFW.

Get it?

Because it's a workplace incident which is unsafe. As in, not safe for work.

I'm not even going to get my coat.

You should have labelled that NSFW.

Get it?

Because it's a workplace incident which is unsafe. As in, not safe for work.

I'm not even going to get my coat.

Your joke....

wheelbarrel-dump.gif

Fuuuck!

Pretty dumb for a smart guy aint ya?

Didn't know where else to post this but thought I may as well ask. Don't ask, don't get I guess.
Any WA peeps know a good area to look for a house to buy. Looking around Nedlands if this helps, I have minimal to no idea currently.
#homelesspear
Welcome to WA.
Depends what you are looking for really
There is a real North of the River - South of the River divide to consider.
Budget
House / flat
Coastal or City
Size of Block
But Nedlands is a pretty good suburb close to the City with a lot going for it.

Welcome to WA.
Depends what you are looking for really
There is a real North of the River - South of the River divide to consider.
Budget
House / flat
Coastal or City
Size of Block
But Nedlands is a pretty good suburb close to the City with a lot going for it.

A mate of mine part owns Steve's Pub in Nedlands. Great pub.

Fuuuck!

I did something similar amidst an all-nighter. I'd had a HDD die on me a week or two earlier, so I was backing things up as I went. At some stage I realised I hadn't backed up to USB for at least a couple of hours, so I did that and went to the lounge for a 20-minute coffee break.

I came back with that temporary fresh-eyed 4am enthusiasm to finish it off and discovered I'd somehow overwritten my HDD copy with the old USB copy and everything I tried was irretrievable - undo, autosaves, temp files. F#*ked.

A part of you dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back