Mega Thread The Random Thoughts Thread Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh the end of year can count that pays for my next 3 or so cartons of beer is always joyful.

$118 worth this year.

Your place must really reek of stale beer.

No it's not, because that's not what terrorism is.

Who knows what the **** has happened in Cairns but it's doubtful that what motivated the killer is an attempt to frighten a people in the name of a religious or political cause.

Impeach Churchill!

Nooo - Alice Cooper was born Vincent Damon Furnier

569630_thumb.jpg

Lead singer of Texas for mine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No mention of any man (person) hunt and the wounded woman is apparently not a suspect. Sounds like one of the older kids did this and then took their own life.

The 37 year old mother has now been arrested for murder!

You know how 'handyman's delight' is real estate agent speak for 'this place is falling down', 'a person is helping us with our enquiries' is police speak for 'we're just waiting for them to confess'.

Such a horrific tragedy in what has been a terrible week.

You know how 'handyman's delight' is real estate agent speak for 'this place is falling down', 'a person is helping us with our enquiries' is police speak for 'we're just waiting for them to confess'.

Yeah, I get that, but there were reports yesterday which flatly stated that she wasn't a suspect, but also that there was no cause for public concern which implied that they had who they wanted. I'd be curious about whether the former was a police or journalism error.

Yeah, I get that, but there were reports yesterday which flatly stated that she wasn't a suspect, but also that there was no cause for public concern which implied that they had who they wanted. I'd be curious about whether the former was a police or journalism error.

Again it comes to how police word their statements. In his press conference yesterday Det Insp Ansicar was asked if the woman was a suspect. He replied "As I said, anyone who’s had any involvement at all is a person of interest, we’re not talking about naming suspects at this stage."

Everyone is a person of interest, but not necessarily named as a formal suspect. Just because you're not in formal police custody doesn't mean you're not in police custody.

Again it comes to how police word their statements. In his press conference yesterday Det Insp Ansicar was asked if the woman was a suspect. He replied "As I said, anyone who’s had any involvement at all is a person of interest, we’re not talking about naming suspects at this stage."

Everyone is a person of interest, but not necessarily named as a formal suspect. Just because you're not in formal police custody doesn't mean you're not in police custody.

So basically it sounds like a journo was jumping the gun. Big surprise.

So basically it sounds like a journo was jumping the gun. Big surprise.

Journos aren't always aware of the nuances of police speak. Especially the ones fresh out of modelling er journalism school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back