Mega Thread The Random Thoughts Thread Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I can be absolutely serious for a minute:

Greedo shooting at all in that scene doesn't make sense and weaken's Solo's character and if it wasn't already abundantly clear by the point, Lucas had lost it and needed to have Star Wars taken out of his hands asap.

It was his "making Prince Phillip an Australian knight" or "Using a 2nd rounder on Matthew Westhoff" moment.
You can tell I've no interest - you lost me when you combined 'absolutely serious' and 'Star Wars' in the same post.

If I can be absolutely serious for a minute:

Greedo shooting at all in that scene doesn't make sense and weaken's Solo's character and if it wasn't already abundantly clear by the point, Lucas had lost it and needed to have Star Wars taken out of his hands asap.

It was his "making Prince Phillip an Australian knight" or "Using a 2nd rounder on Matthew Westhoff" moment.

th

On the way home last night I switched from MMM to AA (should have listened to my playlist) and heard Stupid talking about Nick Kyrgios and his on court antics.

He (stupid that is) came out with something like "I understand that these guys get where they get".

Don't think the people in the car next to me were PAFC Big Footy followers 'cause I got a couple of strange looks as I wiped the tears from my eyes.

On the way home last night I switched from MMM to AA (should have listened to my playlist) and heard Stupid talking about Nick Kyrgios and his on court antics.

He (stupid that is) came out with something like "I understand that these guys get where they get".

Don't think the people in the car next to me were PAFC Big Footy followers 'cause I got a couple of strange looks as I wiped the tears from my eyes.

Cue the Stephen Rowe tennis tantrum video...

I always get this disjointed, uncomfortable feeling when I hear Australian accents in music. I don't know why. It's annoying because it basically makes bands like The Smith Street Band unlistenable to me.

I have to share this thought in the relative anonymity of BF so that I don't offend the large percentage of my friends who are in Australian bands.

On the topic of poo, my mate came back home from sweden with his misses who turns out to be completely nuts. she set an alarm for 3am every night to get up and go to the toilet, so every night at 3am everyone was awoken to listen to her piss and s**t. She is so self conscious that she firstly refuses to have her photo taken unless it's a selfie or a set up pose with filters and secondly she didn't s**t for 2 weeks when she got to Straya because she didn't want anyone (not even my mate) knowing that she pooped. Ended up severely constipated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I always get this disjointed, uncomfortable feeling when I hear Australian accents in music. I don't know why. It's annoying because it basically makes bands like The Smith Street Band unlistenable to me.

I have to share this thought in the relative anonymity of BF so that I don't offend the large percentage of my friends who are in Australian bands.

You may like my Norwegian John Williamson Death Metal Cover Band then, we are called Sann Blå.

I feel this, especially in aus hip hop. Most songs sound like parodies or something because of that really stupid accent we have.

On the topic of poo, my mate came back home from sweden with his misses who turns out to be completely nuts. she set an alarm for 3am every night to get up and go to the toilet, so every night at 3am everyone was awoken to listen to her piss and s**t. She is so self conscious that she firstly refuses to have her photo taken unless it's a selfie or a set up pose with filters and secondly she didn't s**t for 2 weeks when she got to Straya because she didn't want anyone (not even my mate) knowing that she pooped. Ended up severely constipated.
So her solution to being self conscious is to ensure everyone hears her s**t each night? :confused:

So her solution to being self conscious is to ensure everyone hears her s**t each night? :confused:
Every 'plop' at 3am should be greeted with a round of applause from all and sundry.

Every 'plop' at 3am should be greeted with a round of applause from all and sundry.
Give her a rating card each morning. Monday - 8.0 for clean entry, 2.0 for artistic composition. Needs more Meg Ryan in Harry Met Sally sounds. I'm sure she'd be afraid to brush her teeth in the house after a week.

I tend to agree with you for the most part. There are some notable exceptions though in my opinion.

Celibate Rifles - Darlinghurst Confidential. (Sorry, no youtube link available)
Cosmic Psychos - Custom Credit.
AC/DC - Carry Me Home.

To name but three.

I'd have to agree with you when it comes to most genres of music, with the possible exception being folk. I think wordy acoustic music works well with a strong aussie accent.

I tend to agree with you for the most part. There are some notable exceptions though in my opinion.

Celibate Rifles - Darlinghurst Confidential. (Sorry, no youtube link available)
Cosmic Psychos - Custom Credit.
AC/DC - Carry Me Home.

To name but three.

You managed to find the only AC/DC song with a thick Aussie accent, a mostly unheard of b-side that preemptively references Bon Scotts death.

Nice work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back