Mega Thread The Random Thoughts Thread Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard that after the Melbourne loss a couple of young crows supporters were so distraught they went home, collected a hammer and nails, went back to Adelaide Oval and nailed their season tickets up to a tree in Creswell Gardens.

When they were back at home dad asked them what they were up to so they told him what they did. Well dad was furious and said there was still plenty of good use in them so go back and get them.

An hour later the kids came back looking downcast and dad said, Well did you get them?

And one of the lads replied, you wouldn't believe it dad, but when we got there the nails were already gone!

I heard that after the Melbourne loss a couple of young crows supporters were so distraught they went home, collected a hammer and nails, went back to Adelaide Oval and nailed their season tickets up to a tree in Creswell Gardens.

When they were back at home dad asked them what they were up to so they told him what they did. Well dad was furious and said there was still plenty of good use in them so go back and get them.

An hour later the kids came back looking downcast and dad said, Well did you get them?

And one of the lads replied, you wouldn't believe it dad, but when we got there the nails were already gone!

i honestly thought when the hammer and nails came out that it was going down the path of the Eddie Dingle special.

There's something comical about men's doubles in tennis. Where the camera pans to the players box in the men's singles you invariably see extremely attractive girlfriends and perhaps even celebrity friends.
In men's doubles I always expect to see the players mums when the camera pans to the box.

Mixed doubles make me laugh. Is it even a sport?
I saw a mixed doubles the other day whilst searching the interwebz...not sure it was a sport but had plenty of ball play....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walking along a suburban street yesterday and heard bwibidabwidaBwibidaBWIBIDABWIBIDAbwibidabwibidabwibida. A young woman in an expensive 4WD driving along with a completely flat rear tyre. Noisy as anything, had to have felt terrible to drive. She avoided any eye contact, drove past and turned off into another street. Probably picking the kids up from school.

Walking along a suburban street yesterday and heard bwibidabwidaBwibidaBWIBIDABWIBIDAbwibidabwibidabwibida. A young woman in an expensive 4WD driving along with a completely flat rear tyre. Noisy as anything, had to have felt terrible to drive. She avoided any eye contact, drove past and turned off into another street. Probably picking the kids up from school.

I was waiting for a punch line

There's something comical about men's doubles in tennis. Where the camera pans to the players box in the men's singles you invariably see extremely attractive girlfriends and perhaps even celebrity friends.
In men's doubles I always expect to see the players mums when the camera pans to the box.

image.jpg

Australia's love of doubles is one of those typically quirky antipodean specialties, like the obsession with swimming that somehow made even the national titles a primetime spectacle and its stars, utterly devoid of personality, media darlings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back