Mega Thread The Random Thoughts Thread Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watching QandA last night I saw the African-American RussellEbertHandball - his name is Neil deGrasse Tyson. NdGT is an American astrophysicist, cosmologist, author, and science communicator. Since 1996, he has been the Frederick P. Rose Director of the Hayden Planetarium at the Rose Center for Earth and Space in New York City.

Saw a guy wearing a Richmond guernsey at the Maracanã yesterday. Brought us no luck, drew 2-2 after being 2-0 up in the first half.
Yes, that's Richmonds luck.

Watching QandA last night I saw the African-American RussellEbertHandball - his name is Neil deGrasse Tyson. NdGT is an American astrophysicist, cosmologist, author, and science communicator. Since 1996, he has been the Frederick P. Rose Director of the Hayden Planetarium at the Rose Center for Earth and Space in New York City.
I missed Q&A as I was at my brothers and forgot to tape it. I knew he was on as I saw the ads. Will have to watch it on iView. I have seen Charlie Rose interview him 3 or 4 times. He is great value - not sure who gets more enthusiastic, Charlie or Neil.

Call me mean spirited things, but I quite like the Tom Cruise Vanilla Sky.

Not usually my kind of movie; I don't know if it is the cool soundtrack or mainstream Hollywood accessibility, but every time it is on, it hooks me and reels me in.

Just got back from our first cruise. P&O on the Pacific Dawn. From Brisbane up the top end. Had a ball. It was a party boat for sure. I recommend it to anyone that wants a few days of indulgent leisure. I wouldn't do it in the Queensland summer, this time of year is the time.

Call into some exotic ports. But be prepared to have you're sea legs. It can be rough and boaty out on the open ocean. And it can be calm. You get what you get out there. Mrs got sea sick. I didn't. The food is fantastic. Do it!! An oppirtunity to see the top end of our beautiful country if you wouldn't otherwise drive. Done and dusted on the bucket list and loved it. Will do it again. Next time across the Tasman Sea and say hello to New Zealand.

Last edited:
Call me mean spirited things, but I quite like the Tom Cruise Vanilla Sky.

Not usually my kind of movie; I don't know if it is the cool soundtrack or mainstream Hollywood accessibility, but every time it is on, it hooks me and reels me in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else getting the 'Nut Job' ad appear at the top of their page? I want to order some and send it in to 360 to give to Jordan Lewis.

so.. the general afl thread has been locked... not sure what happened but i think i should get some popcorn and have a read and a laugh

by popcorn i mean beer...

Random trivia. I was in a workshop run by Paul Belton the other day. Afterwards, thanked him for all the premierships. :thumbsu:
my dad had an irrational hatred of Paul Belton when I was a kid. Whenever he got the ball my old man would quiver with rage. Up until about 1982 I actually thought his full name was Yorbloodyuseless Belton. I also have an unreliable memory of my dad being confronted by Belton's mother in the Bob Quinn stand one game after one of his tirades (may not have happened - I could have dreamt it).

my dad had an irrational hatred of Paul Belton when I was a kid. Whenever he got the ball my old man would quiver with rage. Up until about 1982 I actually thought his full name was Yorbloodyuseless Belton. I also have an unreliable memory of my dad being confronted by Belton's mother in the Bob Quinn stand one game after one of his tirades (may not have happened - I could have dreamt it).

I wonder what that generation thought of the Brett Ebert-David Rodan-Matt Thomas era of nowhere near enough being more than good enough.

I wonder what that generation thought of the Brett Ebert-David Rodan-Matt Thomas era of nowhere near enough being more than good enough.
The funny thing was my dad wasn't a particularly hard marker of anyone else. There was just something about Belton that made him lose his s**t every week.

Was I your dad? Paul Belton for some reason irritated me too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back