Mega Thread The Random Thoughts Thread Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spud Cannons for the older folk it seems

nidagun.jpg

Yeesh, Anyone seen those Game of War ads with Mariah Carey? looks like someone smacked her with one of their fake shields.

Bring back jiggly boobs Upton.

*edit... scratch that, just **** off with your shitty game.
Biggest fall from grace from the honey film clip....

I Dont know if I have seen better than that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it's probably not a popular opinion, but I like Batman Begins more than The Dark Knight.

Don't get me wrong, I love The Dark Knight.
I just like Batman Begins a little more. :)

The Dark Knight will always be driving off the Ladies' tees due to the Heath Ledger factor, but even with that considered I still find it hard to split them.

But yes I agree BB is very underrated in comparison.

Gun control is coming to America regardless of the desires of the throbbing masses. It's getting to the point where the senate will pass bills on gun control regardless of what the people think.

Not likely unfortunately. Congress is structured such that the right wing minorities have enough power to block any such bill.

Why Obama is powerless to reform gun laws

Gun control is coming to America regardless of the desires of the throbbing masses. It's getting to the point where the senate will pass bills on gun control regardless of what the people think.

Will never happen.
The gun lobby have way too much power.
Our company HQ is in Oregon and I visit at least once a year. I have a lot of friends there, we can drink ourselves stupid, discuss why NFL is crap compared to the AFL and generally have a good time.
Mention anything about guns and controlling them and it's like flicking a switch. Second Amendment, it's my right, I need my AR15 for home defence etc. etc.
Their mentality regarding guns is unbelievable. In a service department consisting of about 20 people I know of only 2 that don't own firearms, most have at least 2.
Funnily enough the only guy there that will concede the need for more laws/controls is an ex-Marine who did time in Iraq.

Will never happen.
The gun lobby have way too much power.
Our company HQ is in Oregon and I visit at least once a year. I have a lot of friends there, we can drink ourselves stupid, discuss why NFL is crap compared to the AFL and generally have a good time.
Mention anything about guns and controlling them and it's like flicking a switch. Second Amendment, it's my right, I need my AR15 for home defence etc. etc.
Their mentality regarding guns is unbelievable. In a service department consisting of about 20 people I know of only 2 that don't own firearms, most have at least 2.
Funnily enough the only guy there that will concede the need for more laws/controls is an ex-Marine who did time in Iraq.
Man, that's crazy. I just can't wrap my head around that kind of mentality.

The right to bear arms is like the right to free speech. Yes, you can go around spouting racist bullshit but please don't it's stupid. You have the right to carry a weapon but please don't it's stupid.

Those who open carry rifles to the coffee shop astound me.

A friend and I discussed this at length in Vegas after a morning spent with some gun nuts, I think he hit the nail on the head when he said they seem to have a hero complex and just can't wait for the situation to arise where they can shoot someone to "save someone" its ridiculous. I pushed one on what it would take for him to draw, his response was basically 'if he saw a guy punch a woman'!

The right to bear arms is like the right to free speech. Yes, you can go around spouting racist bullshit but please don't it's stupid. You have the right to carry a weapon but please don't it's stupid.

Those who open carry rifles to the coffee shop astound me.

A friend and I discussed this at length in Vegas after a morning spent with some gun nuts, I think he hit the nail on the head when he said they seem to have a hero complex and just can't wait for the situation to arise where they can shoot someone to "save someone" its ridiculous. I pushed one on what it would take for him to draw, his response was basically 'if he saw a guy punch a woman'!

The right to bear arms was intended to provide people with the means to overthrow the government if things got out of hand. Of course this was before the government had the world's largest stockpile of nuclear warheads.

I don't think Chuck and his 6-shooter are gonna cut it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back