The I`m Not Interested In Health and Nutrition Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Kuala Lumpur in 6 weeks...I'm finding the biggest bucket of laksa and sticking my head right in

Careful you don't hit your head on a piece of MH370

We're pretty lucky in Melbourne - there are 4 Malaysian restaurants in Flemington within a short walk of each other, all do excellent laksa.
It's the festival recovery food of choice> Chef Lagenda is the favourite, they have free picked chillies if you want

respectfully disagree.

laksa king wins

respectfully disagree.

laksa king wins
Can I bore you with the story of the "great laksa schism" of 2008/09?

We locals prefer Lagenda ;)

We're pretty lucky in Melbourne - there are 4 Malaysian restaurants in Flemington within a short walk of each other, all do excellent laksa.
It's the festival recovery food of choice> Chef Lagenda is the favourite, they have free picked chillies if you want
Chillies? You might as well be eating Drano for all the chemicals and bad chi that go into those things!

Chillies? You might as well be eating Drano for all the chemicals and bad chi that go into those things!
But they're pickled - therefore good for "gut health"

In short: in 2008 Video Easy moved out of their large store into a small shop in the arcade behind them (which is otherwise filled with an array of Asian cheap eats & take aways).

Laksa King occupied one of those spaces but decided to move into the now vacated store (the current location of Laksa King) however there were disagreements between two of the main chefs and one of them decided to open a shop next door with a similar Malaysian menu (Chef Lagenda). Soem staff followed him across tot he new venture, Laksa King opened next door as planed, and they've been rivals ever since, with Laksa King (the more well known big brother) getting the attention of visitors and the locals preferring Chef Lagenda.

Chef Lagenda also offers free jasmine tea unlike Laksa King.

But they're pickled - therefore good for "gut health"

In short: in 2008 Video Easy moved out of their large store into a small shop in the arcade behind them (which is otherwise filled with an array of Asian cheap eats & take aways).

Laksa King occupied one of those spaces but decided to move into the now vacated store (the current location of Laksa King) however there were disagreements between two of the main chefs and one of them decided to open a shop next door with a similar Malaysian menu (Chef Lagenda). Soem staff followed him across tot he new venture, Laksa King opened next door as planed, and they've been rivals ever since, with Laksa King (the more well known big brother) getting the attention of visitors and the locals preferring Chef Lagenda.

Chef Lagenda also offers free jasmine tea unlike Laksa King.

i get free tea cause im azn.

and some of the girly staff have given me the "i wanna sucky sucky you like nobodys business" eyes on numerous occasions.

and we have a mutual respect for each other.

had chef lagenda in scumshine before.

I eat carbs. Does that mean this is the thread for me?

I was out with some mates today and we wanted to stop off somewhere for a feed. They wanted to go to KFC so I gave the green light for Maccas. This never happens so we pulled in right away before I could change my mind.

I was looking forward to some fries and they were hot, well cooked and tasty but unfortunately drowned in salt. 340mg it said on the box, more like 1000mg. I had the McChamp which was fine. The sauce was a bit tangy and could've been sweeter but overall fairly bland.

So that was my yearly Maccas run. Will now proceed to avoid it like the plague as usual.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

last night

- sweet and sour pork
- pork shank (extra fat)
- chilli soup with tofu for texture
- salted duck strips
- white rice
That's awesome mate, where's the lemon chicken?!

Had a half lemon chicken/fried rice takeaway container today. Pure bliss.

Paid $8.80 though. Rip off or about average peternorth ?

That sounds pretty good to me depending on size. You'd expect to pay $10-12 for a large.

obamanotbad.jpg

personally im not a lemon chicken/fried rice eater. however, using my innate azn skillz its standard price.

besides where i ate there is no lemon chicken - am in china.

chinas kfc and maccas. big mac and fries are the same, kfc burgers are different.

I remember going to Maccas in Berlin (I know, way to immerse myself in the local culture) and the burger was massive. Felt twice the size of what we get in Oz.

I remember going to Maccas in Berlin (I know, way to immerse myself in the local culture) and the burger was massive. Felt twice the size of what we get in Oz.
Whaaa?
The land of Currywurst and you went to Maccas?

Currywurst is pure genius - I ate it everyday in Berlin (much to the distatse of a vegetarian GF).

Only once and I felt plenty guilty about it, don't worry. Pretty much breaks my golden rule of travel.
Once can be ok. I once ate KFC in Thailand when I was 20. Instant regret.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back