Universal Love The "I was wrong about Hardwick" confession thread!

Remove this Banner Ad

While I agree that it did work out in a sense that they won a grand final. That era for them was wasted, in that they only managed 2 grand final appearances and only one premiership in 6 straight final appearances. They only managed to win 5 out of 11 games. With the other 6 games resulting in loses. That is a finals winning percentage of 45% in 6 seasons. Not exactly something that they would ride home about, especially when they won that grand final by a point and was basically a reversed scoreline of the qualifying final.
The whole drugs saga kinda ruined that period for them
Losing Cousins & Judd at their peak was a massive loss

The whole drugs saga kinda ruined that period for them
Losing Cousins & Judd at their peak was a massive loss

No doubt. Definitely not a coincidence that their fall to the bottom two coincided with Judd and Cousins leaving the year before.

Thread definitely shouldn't be one to say he said,she said or I told you so etc. I don't believe the thread was created for that.
For one every single one of us knows that in the space of just four weeks things can look a lot different for better or worse.
But mainly I have no issue with any poster who differs in view from me, nor for those who are prepared to state their view one way or the other.
Beats sitting on the fence and after all it's exactly what these forums are about.
It'd be a s**t board if we all agreed.

Thread definitely shouldn't be one to say he said,she said or I told you so etc. I don't believe the thread was created for that.
For one every single one of us knows that in the space of just four weeks things can look a lot different for better or worse.
But mainly I have no issue with any poster who differs in view from me, nor for those who are prepared to state their view one way or the other.
Beats sitting on the fence and after all it's exactly what these forums are about.
It'd be a s**t board if we all agreed.
I agree wit...oh s**t, no I don't! :mad:

What a silly thread.
How many on here would have been prepared to cop no top 4 finish after 6 yrs and no finals wins. Atm no top 4 finish is likely and the reality is we are yet to win a final. One thing i have learnt with this club, Nothing is a given.

I think what needs to be asked is could we have achieved these things quicker than we have to date. Without doubt Hardwick has got plenty wrong along the way.
Personally i for one am not even confident of playing finals at this late stage in the year. Been burnt far too often to take any thing this club does for granted.
Play finals this yr and actually win one, it really would not be before time under DH imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back