Movie The Interview - Sony scrap release

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
******* weak. The hackers win. It's that easy. Release some emails, make some vague threats and you can get a movie pulled from released. Complete cave in.

http://www.thewrap.com/sony-scraps-the-interview-release-we-have-decided-not-to-move-forward/
That's an obtuse view.
Apparently the threat is serious, it's come from North Korea according to US intelligence. With all the nuclear weaponry they've got and their nutjob leaders, not a good idea to call their bluff when it comes to such threats, release the movie, and "see what happens".

That's an obtuse view.
Apparently the threat is serious, it's come from North Korea according to US intelligence. With all the nuclear weaponry they've got and their nutjob leaders, not a good idea to call their bluff when it comes to such threats, release the movie, and "see what happens".
Police/FBI have said they have absolutely no form of evidence of any credible threats towards cinemas.

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, East Side Hawks
They're both pretty pissed about it apparently.
Well they could be turned down for future projects because producers won't want to be linked to this.
Rogen pretty much writes and co produces his films now anyway I guess.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
That's an obtuse view.

Don't think the threat is physical harm, but "Your computers and emails will get fuc ked up like Sony".

Cyberterrorism, though I don't think that's correct term when a goverment is doing it.

Barry_Badrinath

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2011
Bathing in Premiership Glory
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Grand Finals at the Gabba
Good. The world has been spared from another shitty Rogan/Franco "comedy".

What's that? You're a chubby stoner? OMG that's so funny, let's make 12 movies about it and have you play the exact same character in every one.

Seriously though it's most likely a very smart publicity stunt. I hadn't heard of the movie until today.

Is it time to begin speculating whether they even made a movie at all, and not just a trailer and a few extended scenes they could "leak" online? Do we know for sure if Franco and Rogen are working for the CIA, and that is all this just a covert operation to instill fear and fuel anti-North Korea propaganda? Hell, there might not even be a North Korea? What do we know really? Kim Jung-un could just be some fat kid they paid to parade the set where they filmed Apollo 13.

Is it time to begin speculating whether they even made a movie at all, and not just a trailer and a few extended scenes they could "leak" online? Do we know for sure if Franco and Rogen are working for the CIA, and that is all this just a covert operation to instill fear and fuel anti-North Korea propaganda? Hell, there might not even be a North Korea? What do we know really? Kim Jung-un could just be some fat kid they paid to parade the set where they filmed Apollo 13.
What do you think?

floodbuster

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2014
Too close to the sun
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Southampton fc
Just saw an interesting interview with a well known hacker that was "flipped" by the FBI (Sabu) and he says he is skeptical that North Korea did this because they just don't have the infrastructure (they only have 1 ISP), he conceded it could be China but said to take that much data you would have to been at it for over a year which was before the movie was announced. Keep in mind the stuxnet worm that was (supposedly) written by America and Israel and took some years to write didn't even take data.
His speculation is that Sony has been hit before (playstation attack) and that this could be the same people that are blaming the North Koreans in order to keep disrupting Sony.

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
Last edited:
Obama: "We will respond. We will respond proportionately, and we will respond at a place and time and manner that we choose,"

Lol, you'd think they'd bombed Pearl Harbor, not destroyed a crappy Seth Rogen movie!

Although he's right that Sony are a pack of pussies (...easy for me to say I know!)

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Sony spinning their backflip as "Oh we always wanted to still release it" is amusing.

Being Australia and not a blockbuster it probably won't come out here until March... hello torrent.

Oct 11, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
suEg4KK.gif

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
The Interview now rated 9.9 on imdb & 96% user on rt - yeah someone will need to try very hard to convince me this wasn't just all some giant stunt to up the exposure & turn a dollar on what probably is a crap movie.

some quotes off imdb that I suspect are closer to the truth than those from the 'Funniest Movie Ever Made!!' brigade...

Terrible and unfunny
10.gif

Author: pablosn from Argentina
24 December 2014
Terribly unfunny movie, humourless piece of crap. This was a painfully obvious PR campaing by Sony to promote this garbage, since its so bad they figured out this was the only way to make people to watch it. Worst of all is that it worked! Supporting this film is promoting bad films trough shady and decietful advertising. Another Rogen/Franco movie with no depth, for mindless people. Better to torrent this if you want to watch it. I don't support NK in any way, but this is just a cheap movie using the anti NK circlekerk. How about the USA torture reports by the CIA? What about Guantanamo? Should people make a comedy out of that too?.

Brilliant Sony marketing strategy
10.gif

Author: ryan-886-636252 from Los Angeles, CA
22 December 2014
Poor acting, not even funny at all with bad script. Brilliant marketing strategists of Sony got the public riled up on the first amendment so that American public watch their callous advertising. You have all been conned to those who gave 10.

Sony uses desperate schemes because their company is in the brink of collapse. How are their Vaio and television sales lately? Anyway, I stopped watching the trailer in less than 15 seconds because actors were so corny. This is another bad choice for James Franco's career. This movie is a rip off of Chevy Chase and Dan Akroyd - Spies Like Us.

Sony needs to deliver true quality products if they want to become the leader of electronic merchandise. Would I really buy a Sony laptop if their system gets hacked? Hmm.

Sony spinning their backflip as "Oh we always wanted to still release it" is amusing.

Being Australia and not a blockbuster it probably won't come out here until March... hello torrent.

readily available this xmas morning not that I will bother wasting my bandwidth

Last edited:

jackn

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2006
aus
AFL Club
Carlton
Downloading now. Will watch sometime over the holidays. I can't help but feel I've been suckered into watching a terrible movie and looking forward to it. On the plus side I never bought isnack 2.0 and after trying the new big m will now only buy oak, so for publicity stunts I'm good 2 from 3.

Don't torrent it, you can buy it or rent it for streaming here. https://play.google.com/store/movies/details?id=Ed2kSuKqfz0

If you want to support digital box offices and simultaneous releases you should pay the $6 and just rent the thing.

EDIT: You may need a VPN: http://www.unblock-us.com/

Last edited:

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
The Interview now rated 9.9 on imdb & 96% user on rt - yeah someone will need to try very hard to convince me this wasn't just all some giant stunt to up the exposure & turn a dollar on what probably is a crap movie.

some quotes off imdb that I suspect are closer to the truth than those from the 'Funniest Movie Ever Made!!' brigade...

readily available this xmas morning not that I will bother wasting my bandwidth

"How about the USA torture reports by the CIA? What about Guantanamo? Should people make a comedy out of that too?"

Yes?

Back