Certified Legendary Thread The 'I've Got an Easton Wood' Appreciation Society.

Remove this Banner Ad

Why doesn't this program have a 'Thumbs Down' button as well as a thumbs up like button ??????
Worst proposal in months.
I'm sure trading Cooney and Higgins weren't good proposals in your opinion either ? How slow would our midfield be with Libba, Smith and Wallis?

I'm sure trading Cooney and Higgins weren't good proposals in your opinion either ? How slow would our midfield be with Libba, Smith and Wallis?
No slower than it has been at times this year with Wallis, Goodes and Boyd in there. Smith has genuine ability as a small forward and Wallis has shown an ability to find space and capitalise inside forward 50 as well; there's no need for all three of them to be in the centre together at all times.

How slow was Geelong's midfield with Selwood, Bartel, Corey?
How slow is Hawthorn's midfield with Lewis, Hodge, Mitchell?
How slow is Sydney's midfield with Kennedy, Jack and Parker?

That midfield is fine, you just need to add outside pace like all those teams have/had. I don't think many have Smith in the middle anyway.. Or not for a while yet.

Wallis - looks like Jane, plays like Tarzan. keep.

Spot on steroid , saw the game he played against Coburg last year .
You get to see and feel it right up close in those VFL games. Boy does he hit in hard !
The ultimate team player and will get better and better.
Can't see him going anywhere.

Hahaha, *. You can't write this stuff.

Meanwhile back on topic, did you hear that Easton Wood just signed for another three years? How good is that!

(Thanks for chucking in another 30-post hand grenade, KB)
:rolleyes:
Tweaked his hamstring according to Stevo. Out for at least 2 weeks.
I liked it better when the thread was off track.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wow signs new deal gets a injury best way to start a new contract right
Complete opposite to Lin Jong who got told he was getting promoted then followed it up with two consecutive BOG's in the VFL Prelim and Granny

Wood is 25 turning 26 in sep , has played 67 career games , his best output in a year is 18 games , good kid to have in the list but borderline 22 considering injuries , hope webb takes his spot

Hope he is playing for peanuts
Wood is 25 turning 26 in sep , has played 67 career games , his best output in a year is 18 games , good kid to have in the list but borderline 22 considering injuries , hope webb takes his spot
Think you're underselling Wood to be honest, very capable player and very important to our best 22 and defensive setup as it stands. Doesn't stand out on the stats sheet but he's a quality player.

Wood is underated IMO. Reads the ball so well, great interceptor and whilst not the best kick in the club I just love it when he cuts through the middle of the ground and pumps it long to the goal square. Very handy foot soldier who can do some damage on the rebound.

Wood is underated IMO. Reads the ball so well, great interceptor and whilst not the best kick in the club I just love it when he cuts through the middle of the ground and pumps it long to the goal square. Very handy foot soldier who can do some damage on the rebound.
The thing I love most about Wood is his ability to close down exit routes when the ball is inside our forward 50. Positions himself excellently and works extremely hard to get there. He pretty much solely negates the potential for a long, rushed kick by the opponent to clear the 50 as he just gets under it and marks it. Excellent at generating those repeat forward entry opportunities that are such a valuable source of goals.

Think you're underselling Wood to be honest, very capable player and very important to our best 22 and defensive setup as it stands. Doesn't stand out on the stats sheet but he's a quality player.
Has ability but injuries have smashed him , can we afford the unsettled backline every time he gets injured ?

Has ability but injuries have smashed him , can we afford the unsettled backline every time he gets injured ?
What would be the alternative? If he is uninjured and best 22 at game time we can't afford not to play him!

We need to see where this injury goes but based on all reports it is on the minor scale. Not ideal but not the end of the world. I'm certainly still glad we signed him.

What would be the alternative? If he is uninjured and best 22 at game time we can't afford not to play him!

We need to see where this injury goes but based on all reports it is on the minor scale. Not ideal but not the end of the world. I'm certainly still glad we signed him.
I'm hoping the most we didn't over pay him and hopefully he can get a good run , maybe we could have signed him on a year by year basis ?

I'm happy to pay him what he's worth and get 15 to 18 games a year, because when he plays he's easily best 22. Rarely outmarked in a 1 on 1, great defensive awareness and positioning, and I think his foot skills are well underrated. Can kick a goal too with 2 this year already at VERY important times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back