Jake Carlisle Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Schwarz came and did a benefit on my behalf in 2010, spoke openly about his gambling addiction and what it cost him.
he did this for free, had a great chat to him and if all you see him is a gambling addict, then its your loss.

I have nothing but respect for the man, for what he has done since he kicked the addiction.
I've also witnessed Ox do his anti gambling talk & it was one of the best speeches ever.

He was an utter mess & has recovered to be a great family man & (reasonable) media performer.

Love a good story of redemption.

Got everything crossed that Jake will be the same

I really don't get what business it is of everybody if someone likes to gamble. They have their private life. If that's what they enjoy then good luck to them. They are adults and will have to account for their actions.

Jake loves a punt? Big deal. Wants to pis his money away? His problem.

As long as he performs on field, I really don't give a stuff to be honest.

I really don't get what business it is of everybody if someone likes to gamble. They have their private life. If that's what they enjoy then good luck to them. They are adults and will have to account for their actions.

Jake loves a punt? Big deal. Wants to pis his money away? His problem.

As long as he performs on field, I really don't give a stuff to be honest.
If you care about the person and are interested in their welfare (which any not s**t club would be) then making sure an addiction to gambling doesn't destroy their life would be pretty reasonable.

As an aside: I'm not sure it would be possible to make an argument that a person is just exercising their own agency when talking about an addiction.

And now, for a change of pace, I present The Jake Carlisle Sago :)

images

Punishing the group for Jakes misdemeanours is a tactic designed to bring peer pressure into playing a role to motivate Jake to achieve the required standards. If this tactic comes in to play too frequently I think it could cause factions to become disenchanted with Jake and ostracise him further.

I think the playing leadership group, coaches and welfare staff have all got to play a big role in terms of creating the change in behaviour that we all hope to see. I also think that change will take time.

Jake will start clunking the ball from day 1. But it will take time for him to fall in love with the Saints and become that happy fulfilled professional athlete/footballer that we all so desperately want to see.

It is so comforting to once again see the standards that the young guys are setting and achieving come to the fore in this saga. Speaks volumes for where we are at.

But it will take time for him to fall in love with the Saints and become that happy fulfilled professional athlete/footballer that we all so desperately want to see.

Exactly. It's like when you change jobs, you leave all your well known work mates/friends behind & then have to forge new friendships at your new place of work. It all takes time....IMO once he settles in & gets accustomed to his new work place, he'll be running like clockwork (no pun intended :confused:)

Punishing the group for Jakes misdemeanours is a tactic designed to bring peer pressure into playing a role to motivate Jake to achieve the required standards. If this tactic comes in to play too frequently I think it could cause factions to become disenchanted with Jake and ostracise him further.

I think the playing leadership group, coaches and welfare staff have all got to play a big role in terms of creating the change in behaviour that we all hope to see. I also think that change will take time.

Jake will start clunking the ball from day 1. But it will take time for him to fall in love with the Saints and become that happy fulfilled professional athlete/footballer that we all so desperately want to see.

It is so comforting to once again see the standards that the young guys are setting and achieving come to the fore in this saga. Speaks volumes for where we are at.
Reminds me of Full Metal Jacket

He's mucked up with the training incident. Might have been a small deal by punishment comes regardless.

To be fair to the guy, I've read some of his Twitter 'likes'. Many are people saying he owes stkilda know and tweets from people backing him in to do us proud. So FWIW, he's paying attention to the fans and seems he's responding positively to them by trying hard on the track.

If you care about the person and are interested in their welfare (which any not s**t club would be) then making sure an addiction to gambling doesn't destroy their life would be pretty reasonable.

As an aside: I'm not sure it would be possible to make an argument that a person is just exercising their own agency when talking about an addiction.

I agree that the club should help players and protect their welfare... don't get me wrong.

But int he end it's up to the individual to be accountable for their choices in life. You can't legislate against stupidity.

My comments were aimed at people pointing out Jake's recreational activities and being all sanctimonious about it. Am seriously over that side of the argument to be honest... just because he does not meet their expectations. Give me a break.

His life, his business.

So Alan Richardson was on triple M this morning, and of course the Carlisle late to training issue came up. He said quite honestly, "Jake slept in".

Didn't we have people on here saying something about a traffic accident? It seems to have blown over now, so I'm glad Richo has the honesty to not make any excuses like some do on this forum.

Everything Jake does from here on will get scrutinised, but as long as the club backs him that's all that matters. I have faith he'll turn it around.

I think there's 2 instances. 1 where he was only marginally late due to an accident on citylink. And then another where he completely missed due to sleeping in that's been talked about in the media.

I think there's 2 instances. 1 where he was only marginally late due to an accident on citylink. And then another where he completely missed due to sleeping in that's been talked about in the media.
Yeah, it might be the other way around, but that's my thinking too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know this is the wrong place but they shut down the JC thread. KB said this morning that Jake carlisle didn't turn up at all at training not just late. Does anyone else know if this is true? It makes it look even worse if the club lied about it.

I know this is the wrong place but they shut down the JC thread. KB said this morning that Jake carlisle didn't turn up at all at training not just late. Does anyone else know if this is true? It makes it look even worse if the club lied about it.
untitled.png

Seriously KB is the biggest hypocrite going around with his constant rubbish about Carlisle. His club have had Dusty on their books for the last 6 years FFS!

He makes JC look like Nathan Burke! #teetotaller

Bartlett is a senile old crotchstain.

Seriously KB is the biggest hypocrite going around with his constant rubbish about Carlisle. His club have had Dusty on their books for the last 6 years FFS!

He makes JC look like Nathan Burke! #teetotaller
Well he could always talk about this tomorrow morning :p #rightoncue

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/du...t/news-story/56f92229cabcae3a33288c5748d683c2

"RICHMOND ace Dustin Martin has been forced to apologise to a woman after a drunken incident at a Chapel St restaurant....."

Ha!

I started writing a reply saying how burke did some work at one of my old jobs and was a bit of a jerk, thought I'd read the link before posting, it was about that very job! Except I left well before the s**t hit the fan, I think.

*Disclosure, did not actually read the article, just the summary, due to the herald sun being a bunch of cheapskates*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back