Traded James Aish [traded to Collingwood for #26 and St Kilda's 2016 second round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

That trade could work. Just only if Pies don't land Treloar with their 1st rounder.

I think it's fair. Brissy would want 10 alone so middle ground is an upgrade of Collingwood's 2nd rounder.

This is exactly why I was arguing the Pies won't get both Treloar and Aish unless they are willing to trade a valuable player such as Sidebottom, Grundy, Elliott, etc.

No. You tried lowballing Collingwood when the shoe was on the other foot. You'd look like absolute campaigners not to let Aish get to his destination and accept unders, and a second rounder is what you'll get, you won't get near Carlton's pick 3 or any first rounder inside the top ten.

Find me one quote that suggests Aish wanted to go to Collingwood last year? Don't bother looking you know it doesn't exist. It's just rubbish Collingwood fans made up when they had the sads about Beams leaving.

All year Collingwood fans have taken great delight in telling Lions fans how they won the deal and how great it is they got De Goey and Crisp out of the deal. Now you want to say we low balled and were campaigners! Give me a spell. Which one is it?

Finally your in fantasy land if you think Aish is going for Collingwood's second round! Talk about low balling. I give the kid and Pickering credit they have fooled everyone with this talk about how he wants to play in Melbourne. I would be stunned if he doesn't head straight to Adelaide the minute the season finishes.

The big names are linked with the Pies year after year and they rarely get them...With the exception of Taylor Adams they've only got Themselves GOP's (Varco included).

The big names are linked with the Pies year after year and they rarely get them...With the exception of Taylor Adams they've only got Themselves GOP's (Varco included).

Yeah they are linked every year because it sells papers or for whatever reason ups the price.
I can guarantee half the time we aren't even looking at or speaking to the players in question.

No we wouldn't, his Dad isn't sick, his Dad is from Adelaide, so why would we look like pricks for not letting him go to Collingwood?:confused: Don't know what planet you visited to concoct the fantasy dribble you are posting but please come back safely.

Beams is gone, get over it. Not like we didn't compensate you fairly. Who gives a **** what the initial offer was, that's what negotiations are all about. You got compensated fairly, let it go.

You can make a very strong counter argument that his Dad being sick should have meant Brisbane making the ethical decision of trading Aish last trade period when his value was much higher, irony is spelt I-R-O-N-Y.

If you think that Aish flying to Adelaide last trade period, and no mention of him not going anywhere from Leppo, if you think that he had no intention (Aish) of going anywhere then you are living in pixie land. That would have been disgraceful behaviour then, and it would be even more disgraceful to flat out refuse where Aish wants to go.

If you think that a club has a right to trade unders but not in other circumstances because of a sick parent, which is what you and others are saying, well that reflects pretty much the calibre of Lions fans on bigfooty, the lowest of the lowest of supporters on these forums without doubt, keep arguing that it's different and that you could exploit Collingwood because there was an ill father (which wasn't the big motivator otherwise he could have chosed GC) in the narrative. :thumbsu:

Absolute scum. :thumbsdown:

You can make a very strong counter argument that his Dad being sick should have meant Brisbane making the ethical decision of trading Aish last trade period when his value was much higher, irony is spelt I-R-O-N-Y.

If you think that Aish flying to Adelaide last trade period, and no mention of him not going anywhere from Leppo, if you think that he had no intention (Aish) of going anywhere then you are living in pixie land. That would have been disgraceful behaviour then, and it would be even more disgraceful to flat out refuse where Aish wants to go.

If you think that a club has a right to trade unders but not in other circumstances because of a sick parent, which is what you and others are saying, well that reflects pretty much the calibre of Lions fans on bigfooty, the lowest of the lowest of supporters on these forums without doubt, keep arguing that it's different and that you could exploit Collingwood because there was an ill father (which wasn't the big motivator otherwise he could have chosed GC) in the narrative. :thumbsu:

So much hate. Good luck with that :thumbsu:

So long as he leaves his room tidy, idc what we get for him.

Doesn't make me feel that great. Pretty sure we would want a pick to give to the Suns for Dixon.

If its a second rounder as some are saying you are little chance of getting Dixon, plus you will need all the 2nd rounders you can get to secure your academy players.

If I was Ashcroft and you guys looked to take Dixon for peanuts I would use that pick (probable late 1st round) to bid on your academy players to force you to have to upgrade your picks and miss out on at least 1 of them. Assuming we took a pick for Aish we would have a late first rounder, a end of 1st rounder (compo pick from previous years) and the 1st or 2nd pick in round 2. You could secure your first academy pick with your 1st pick in round 2 but couldn't match our bid for any one of our remaining picks for any of your other academy players as you wouldn't have enough points.

upload_2015-7-22_9-23-25.png

You could secure your first academy pick with your 1st pick in round 2 but couldn't match our bid for any one of our remaining picks for any of your other academy players as you wouldn't have enough points.

Yes the Lions could. A club can go into deficit, after which the points are taken off their 2016 draft picks.

If its a second rounder as some are saying you are little chance of getting Dixon, plus you will need all the 2nd rounders you can get to secure your academy players.

If I was Ashcroft and you guys looked to take Dixon for peanuts I would use that pick (probable late 1st round) to bid on your academy players to force you to have to upgrade your picks and miss out on at least 1 of them. Assuming we took a pick for Aish we would have a late first rounder, a end of 1st rounder (compo pick from previous years) and the 1st or 2nd pick in round 2. You could secure your first academy pick with your 1st pick in round 2 but couldn't match our bid for any one of our remaining picks for any of your other academy players as you wouldn't have enough points.

View attachment 154944

Risky game to play, you could end up with a player rated lower and with a direct connection to the Lions.

Also as it stands with our 2nd, 3rd, 4th round picks, we will go very close to matching 2 end of 1st round nominations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coming from the bloke who thinks Witts is worth pick 1 in this years draft.

Where is Aish's best position?

Does have the pace to play as an outside mid?

Will he eventually develop into a Inside mid like David Mundy, or doesn't he have the brains\footy nous to work through stoppages?

**** I hope Aish doesn't nominate Collingwood as his preferred club. I don't think I can deal with the bullshit on here and in the media if that happens.
If he nominates collingwood I'll only be pissed because I'm sure aish and pick 5 would of got the deal done with beams last year. Would of saved a lot of hassle and could have kept crisp.

Risky game to play, you could end up with a player rated lower and with a direct connection to the Lions.

Also as it stands with our 2nd, 3rd, 4th round picks, we will go very close to matching 2 end of 1st round nominations.

This is about costing you as much as possible

lets say the Lions take Keays with your 2nd round pick

We then bid on Hipwood (or visa versa) with ours (say pick 20, 912 points) your 3,4,5 round picks would give the lions (483, 207, 9 = 699 points total) is not enough to get close to the 20% discount, so you would have to go into deficit or forego him.

Certainly other trades could help the Lions out, say a 2nd rounder for Leuy would get you over the line but, the lions will of paid a high price.

**** I hope Aish doesn't nominate Collingwood as his preferred club. I don't think I can deal with the bullshit on here and in the media if that happens.

Stuff him, I hope he does, it'll be Patty K Mark II. Will sit in the VFL where he'll struggle for a few seasons and the get rookied then delisted a year later.

We then bid on Hipwood (or visa versa) with ours (say pick 20, 912 points) your 3,4,5 round picks would give the lions (483, 207, 9 = 699 points total) is not enough to get close to the 20% discount, so you would have to go into deficit or forego him.

Certainly other trades could help the Lions out, say a 2nd rounder for Leuy would get you over the line but, the lions will of paid a high price.

I don't know that a pick 20 bid on Hipwood is that controversial. In most non-BF write-ups, he's in that 15-20 range already.

Stuff him, I hope he does, it'll be Patty K Mark II. Will sit in the VFL where he'll struggle for a few seasons and the get rookied then delisted a year later.

Yeah but all the bullshit is what I can't stand. In fact trade period is dumb when other clubs fans get involved.

With Mills, Hooper and Kennedy potentially taking multiple picks it will also up the value of our 3rd, 4th and 5th round picks, enough for the missing 30points.

Could also be looking at a return of points with Keayes bid. (This does seem confusing with the afl examples thou)

I do agree that we should be looking to bring another later rounder in to help, or even trading or second round pick for more points as Insurance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back