Traded James Aish [traded to Collingwood for #26 and St Kilda's 2016 second round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder how one can post opinions in these type of threads,without watching the aforementioned players at least on a regular basis - It's like the blind leading the blind.

Based on Aish's performance this year he's worth pick 10-15.
Interesting - that's where the Bulldogs pick would be, but I fear we'll be looking to trade ours out for a CHB

Joel Tippet (Sister players netball for QLD Firebirds, from gold coast) & Aaron Black or pick 28 (Brisbane need a key forward) for James Aish.

Jaimes Aish will go on to replace Dal Santo / Wells as the silk in the midfield in 2 years and play alongside our midfield brigade Cunnington, Bastinac, Cunnington, Harvey, etc, etc.

Win / Win / Win

Then north will trade their first round pick and Brad McKenzie for Charlie Dixon

;)

Joel Tippet (Sister players netball for QLD Firebirds, from gold coast) & Aaron Black or pick 28 (Brisbane need a key forward) for James Aish.

Jaimes Aish will go on to replace Dal Santo / Wells as the silk in the midfield in 2 years and play alongside our midfield brigade Cunnington, Bastinac, Cunnington, Harvey, etc, etc.

Win / Win / Win

Then north will trade their first round pick and Brad McKenzie for Charlie Dixon

;)
Joel was already a lion a few years ago. Was rookie listed between 07' - 09' until he was delisted. Highly doubt we would be interested in him.
Aaron Black is a decent forward but he isnt the power forward you could build a team around. Standing at 192cm he
isn't a no. 1 forward. We have guys coming through that will have the 2nd and 3rd tall forward spots taken. I can't see him being a need either.

As you don't want to trade any of your other picks (needed to get Hipwood and Keays) you may have to start to look at giving over a quality player like Zorko or Hanley to secure a deal.

If Clubs decide to bid on our academy players, I'm quite happy letting Hipwood or Keayes go and then reaming the club that tried to * us over in 2 years when they want to play for us. It will send a precedent in future for clubs not to steal other players Academy kids. Getting Dixon is more important. I'm happy getting Hipwood or Keayes in 2 years time for a 4th round pick if it means getting Dixon this year.

If Clubs decide to bid on our academy players, I'm quite happy letting Hipwood or Keayes go and then reaming the club that tried to **** us over in 2 years when they want to play for us. It will send a precedent in future for clubs not to steal other players Academy kids. Getting Dixon is more important. I'm happy getting Hipwood or Keayes in 2 years time for a 4th round pick if it means getting Dixon this year.

Who knows that once they become entrenched in the club that drafts them they would want to come back? They may want to play for the club now but we can't say for sure they would come back in 2 years. Both were born in Melbourne and have family there. If we rate them, we match the bid and be thankful we have 2 very talented Queensland kids on the list.

If Clubs decide to bid on our academy players, I'm quite happy letting Hipwood or Keayes go and then reaming the club that tried to **** us over in 2 years when they want to play for us. It will send a precedent in future for clubs not to steal other players Academy kids. Getting Dixon is more important. I'm happy getting Hipwood or Keayes in 2 years time for a 4th round pick if it means getting Dixon this year.
You mean like stealing Dixon in the PSD as has been suggested by some Lions supporters in this thread?

It would only be because of such an act that we would come after your academy players anyway.

what's the saying, if you play with fire?

You mean like stealing Dixon in the PSD as has been suggested by some Lions supporters in this thread?

It would only be because of such an act that we would come after your academy players anyway.

what's the saying, if you play with fire?
Apparently we're no longer chasing Dixon according to Jon Ralph Fremantle are favorites to get him so take easy on us after we gave you Jarrad Brennan;)

Apparently we're no longer chasing Dixon according to Jon Ralph Fremantle are favorites to get him so take easy on us after we gave you Jarrad Brennan;)

Ouch,

Brennan or a huge steaming pile of s**t, hmmmm tough decision, can we have pick 5 back please

Re Dixon, he is supposed to be close to a new contract with us, which could be complete crap. I think the journo's just make it up as they go

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lions fans - if Aish decided he wanted to go to the Saints how would you feel about pick 6 for Aish and your 2nd (pick 20?)

We would jump at that but we need the 2nd rounder for the academy kids.

Brissy need picks for the academy kids this year.

I'd do 6 and 60 for Aish and Brissy's 2016 2nd and 3rd rounders.

I doubt Hipwood or Keays get bids before 6 so they could bank that pick for somebody else.

Brissy could be looking at something like:
1 - Weitering/Schache
6 - Mathieson/Tucker
Hipwood
Keays

I reckon they just about win the draft with that haul.

I did consider they will need picks for academy prospect Allison next year but I wouldn't be surprised if he's bid on top 3 anyway so Brissy will likely have to use their first.

Brissy need picks for the academy kids this year.

I'd do 6 and 60 for Aish and Brissy's 2016 2nd and 3rd rounders.

I doubt Hipwood or Keays get bids before 6 so they could bank that pick for somebody else.

Brissy could be looking at something like:
1 - Weitering/Schache
6 - Mathieson/Tucker
Hipwood
Keays

I reckon they just about win the draft with that haul.

I did consider they will need picks for academy prospect Allison next year but I wouldn't be surprised if he's bid on top 3 anyway so Brissy will likely have to use their first.
Apparently you can't trade a 1st round and then 2nd and 3rd round the following year. You can do 1st and 1st or 2nd and 3rd like for like. There was a big chain going on about it last night.

HBFlanker you owe me an apology for your rude and ignorant presumption, OP was spot on, and nailed many of the things we were discussing. Here's a break down... I wait for your apology.

Who else will be traded. Treloar looks like he'll be heading back to Vic. Adelaide will likely lose Dangerfield. Motlop looks like he'll be out of there. And Collingwood have a heap of young talent it can wheel and deal. So yes, Aish, given what else is out there, would be behind the pecking order of what's available this trade period.

and then this...

Not sure if James Aish has ever actually set foot in Victoria so i think we can rule out any Victorian teams obtaining his services

and my response...

Yes, yes that makes sense.
Terrible post. FWIW, I do think Adelaide are the frontrunners, but in reality there's been articles suggesting a number of Vic clubs in the frame, so no, we can't rule out Vic clubs.

and then...

Just another bloke that collingwood have been linked to that they wont get.

The OP has stated that Aish wants to come BACK to Victoria. he is from Adelaide and will be playing fro the crows next year.

do some research before you post s**t threads

From the last post you were wrong on three counts. Pies will get Treloar. So you were wrong there. Aish seems to favours a move to Victoria and will be at Carlton next year, would have been Collingwood IMO, but I rightfully claimed that Collingwood's priority will be Treloar who we WILL get.

And I did my research, and posted a very good James Aish trade thread. You were rude, obnoxious and wrong... now I await my spology... :cool:

Carlton will get Aish for their second rounder perhaps plus a fringe player, the best Brisbane can hope for is for these Menzel rumours to be true then a three way deal could be on the cards.

The thing that hurts Brisbane is that there is so much player movement, movement to Victoria, and each Vic club has their finger in different pies, Pies have their finger in one pies Adam Treloar.

So to break it down. Pies after Treloar. Tiges into Motlop. Cats into Dangerfield. Dees/Saints into Prestia. Hawks have no cap room, and have a late pick, and NM and Dogs have later picks also. This means that because of this, if these Vic clubs have gentlemen agreements, they can get unders for certain players.

Carlton should get unders for Aish.
Collingwood to get unders for Treloar.
Dees will use pick 5 or so on Prestia.
Tiges first rounder for Motlop.
Cats into Dangerfield.

That leaves, WB, NM, Saints, Ess, Hawks and

No way Essendon would be in the race. WB and NM would not be his preferred destination and they'd have a pick between 10-15. Hawks unlikely, no cap space, and they'd only have pick 18 anyway. That leaves the Saints as the Lions best bet to create some bidding system. Saint pick 6 for Aish would be a dream, but even then, I'm not sure the Saints would be interested in parting with pick 6 for Aish, he's just not worth it.

The more I read into it, the more Carlton's second rounder might get the job done, or they can hope to salvage a three way trade through either Yarran and Menzel, although word is Yarran is only worth a second rounder on the market.

Last edited:
Carlton will get Aish for their second rounder perhaps plus a fringe player, the best Brisbane can hope for is for these Menzel rumours to be true then a three way deal could be on the cards.

The thing that hurts Brisbane is that there is so much player movement, movement to Victoria, and each Vic club has their finger in different pies, Pies have their finger in one pies Adam Treloar.

So to break it down. Pies after Treloar. Tiges into Motlop. Cats into Dangerfield. Dees/Saints into Prestia. Hawks have no cap room, and have a late pick, and NM and Dogs have later picks also. This means that because of this, if these Vic clubs have gentlemen agreements, they can get unders for certain players.

Carlton should get unders for Aish.
Collingwood to get unders for Treloar.
Dees will use pick 5 or so on Prestia.
Tiges first rounder for Motlop.
Cats into Dangerfield.

That leaves, WB, NM, Saints, Ess, Hawks and

No way Essendon would be in the race. WB and NM would not be his preferred destination and they'd have a pick between 10-15. Hawks unlikely, no cap space, and they'd only have pick 18 anyway. That leaves the Saints as the Lions best bet to create some bidding system. Saint pick 6 for Aish would be a dream, but even then, I'm not sure the Saints would be interested in parting with pick 6 for Aish, he's just not worth it.

The more I read into it, the more Carlton's second rounder might get the job done, or they can hope to salvage a three way trade through either Yarran and Menzel, although word is Yarran is only worth a second rounder on the market.
there's no menzel rumours. It's just pure uninformed hypotheticals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back