Traded James Aish [traded to Collingwood for #26 and St Kilda's 2016 second round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

it could be a restraint of trade though. I doubt the AFL would allow Brisbane to redraft.

The draft is a restraint of trade, not the act of drafting players. Drafting a particular player who has nominated for it is just operating within the AFL's rules. That's the same system that got Aish to Brisbane in the first place.

A second round pick for a former pick 7 who is fragile and can't get a game at the worst team in the comp sounds pretty reasonable to me.

More realistically he is probably first a late first rounder, early second round pick. Yes he did do well in his first season but he's been ordinary this year, want to leave and there are question makers on his physicality and footpace to play at the highest level. I can't see any clubs falling over their feet to get him so there's little chance of a price war driving his price up. Also Carlton hold pick 1 which further reduces Brisbane's bargaining position
Making things up and insulting our club will not get you anywhere.

Why not? We clearly rate him higher than you guys do.

Oxley/Seedsman could be the next Paine/Lisle for us. A guy we pick up as chips for a kid we lose that go nowhere for 2-3 seasons on our list because the club they came from didnt want them. We dont want our club turning into a disposal depot for players your clubs dont see as best 22s.
Oxley and Seedsman both have a reasonable amount of exposed form at AFL level, so they're a different kettle of fish to Paine. Seedsman can be electrifying at his best, but the gulf between his best and worst is pretty huge.
Oxley though, I'd hold in the same regard as you guys held Crisp last year, with the bonus of having been a best 22 player all year until he was injured. This has been his first real season at senior level after he was upgraded at the end of 2013, and to be honest he's surprised the hell out of a lot of us. Another preseason and he certainly has the capacity to improve his consistency and become a really great player, much like Crisp has become for us. He's certainly not a player the club would regard as outside our best 22.

Oxley/Seedsman could be the next Paine/Lisle for us. A guy we pick up as chips for a kid we lose that go nowhere for 2-3 seasons on our list because the club they came from didnt want them. We dont want our club turning into a disposal depot for players your clubs dont see as best 22s.

Paine was never going to make it.
Kicked a few goals at the lower level but never showed he could cut it at the higher level.

Oxley has played many games that showcased his talent.

Can't compare the two.

Edit, just saw similar sentiments from Apex above.
All true BTW.

The draft is a restraint of trade, not the act of drafting players. Drafting a particular player who has nominated for it is just operating within the AFL's rules. That's the same system that got Aish to Brisbane in the first place.
I know but clubs/players/administrators etc understand that a draft is necessary in order to have as equitable system as possible. The draft wasn't designed so that clubs could stop a player from leaving a club. If Brisbane were to redraft Aish it would be a disgrace and an abuse of the system.

I know but clubs/players/administrators etc understand that a draft is necessary in order to have as equitable system as possible. The draft wasn't designed so that clubs could stop a player from leaving a club. If Brisbane were to redraft Aish it would be a disgrace and an abuse of the system.

It won't happen because if he chooses to leave there will be a trade done, but Brisbane can and probably will use it as a negotiating point if they bog down due to underwhelming trade offers similar to the GH5. For the record, I'm in agreement with apparently a fair few Collingwood supporters in that I think Collingwood's 2016 first rounder would be fair.

It won't happen because if he chooses to leave there will be a trade done, but Brisbane can and probably will use it as a negotiating point if they bog down due to underwhelming trade offers similar to the GH5. For the record, I'm in agreement with apparently a fair few Collingwood supporters in that I think Collingwood's 2016 first rounder would be fair.

If we finish 8th next year that is pick 10.
There is no way Aish has justified that.
Perhaps, you would need to give us your second pick too, which may be in the 22-26 range.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really don't have the physical attribute to become either an inside midfielder or outside. Seems like a player who's good offensively, but this side of his game is mitigated by his poor defensive pressure, which is the aspect we're building our game plan around. Unless he can develop himself into someone with fantastic game sense and knowledge like Mitchell, hard to see him thriving. Late first rounder at the very best.

Really don't have the physical attribute to become either an inside midfielder or outside. Seems like a player who's good offensively, but this side of his game is mitigated by his poor defensive pressure, which is the aspect we're building our game plan around. Unless he can develop himself into someone with fantastic game sense and knowledge like Mitchell, hard to see him thriving. Late first rounder at the very best.

Considering most the list managers don't rate this draft I doubt a late 1st rounder would cut it. Do you think the Pies would be able to pick a better player in the draft then Aish with their 1st rounder?

You won't get the 2016 first rounder for Aish. Most Collingwood supporters say it'll be a second rounder and a finrgy. Nothing's changed.

Considering most the list managers don't rate this draft I doubt a late 1st rounder would cut it. Do you think the Pies would be able to pick a better player in the draft then Aish with their 1st rounder?
As we all know, there will be better players than him drafted after pick 15 most likely, but many more who will prove inferior.
Ultimately only time will tell, which is captain obvious.

Hypothetical not worth thinking about, he aint going anywhere.

Point is that "Hypothetically" people seem to put these 100% trade worth statements out on players. At the same time if Berg left the Pies im sure you pies supporters wouldnt be going "Yeah a late 1st rounder is his value", and Berg hasnt shown half as much as what Aish has

Remove this Banner Ad

Back