The jumper - It was a bloody mess

Remove this Banner Ad

Also adamantly against the white jumper. Not a fan of Melbourne in white, looks wrong.

1858:
Melbourne-Uniform-1858.gif

SOURCE: Mero's footyjumpers.com.

They look good but I don't think they fit the AFL requirements for a clash. I think both the royal blue and red would be classified as 'dark' colours. It's stupid I know.

Tbh I don't mind the white clash all that much. I think it's simple and does the job. A necessary evil. In a weird way it makes you appreciate our home guernsey more as well.

Didn't Essendon have a Red clash jumper at some stage? The 'Royal' blue we may not get away with (as much as Hazzah Lampost would love it) I would like to see us with the Red jumper with the Navy Yoke.

ManWithNoName Can you confirm Essendon had a Red jumper?

Didn't Essendon have a Red clash jumper at some stage? The 'Royal' blue we may not get away with (as much as Hazzah Lampost would love it) I would like to see us with the Red jumper with the Navy Yoke.

Essendon had a jumper with an enormous sash, which they argued made the jumper mostly red.
Essendon-Clash-2007.gif

We had the jumper Mero posted above that was 51% red and therefore a light jumper.

I ******* hate that logo - love the monogram, dislike the trident, the southern cross and all that other crap. Also adamantly against the white jumper. Not a fan of Melbourne in white, looks wrong.

Preferably, I would be for something like this:
frEijsY.png
Submit to club please dude. But don't ask for money, unless somehow it comes out of the salary cap ;)

The watermark is stupid since you can only ever see the top of it on the yolk. I don't think the logo is needed either. Remove those two things and then the sponsors, which we have less input over, will be less intrusive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we kicked up a fuss and showed them that there are no clashes - I think the AFL would cave.

Problem is Adelaide, I don't know if the away would really do it.

Sponsors don't want their logos to blend in - otherwise what's the point of paying for the exposure? As an opposition fan I've always liked your jumper especially with the navy blue. Agree with the comment about removing the ahg website.
As for a clash jumper have you considered red with a blue yoke?

They want it to be bold and noticable. I'm not talking about it blending into obscurity but to look integrated as part of the jumper - ie. it looks like it's supposed to be there not whacked on as an afterthought.

I ******* hate that logo - love the monogram, dislike the trident, the southern cross and all that other crap. Also adamantly against the white jumper. Not a fan of Melbourne in white, looks wrong.

Preferably, I would be for something like this:
frEijsY.png

Swapping the colours around to make a clash jumper is simple but brilliant. It's also slightly more effective than when the Pies do it..

Somebody make it happen.

It can be our bring back em wings campaign. The mods can make us badges.

I mostly just want a badge.

Why can't we keep our clash jumper IDENTICAL to our home jumper, except that;

We make the dark blue a faded blue (grey/blue) like the essendon jumper. They managed to keep the red, so why not we do the same..

He's my attempt at photoshopping... I cant see why we can use it (perhaps even with a little bit more blue too)

24qk8xc.jpg
1qlaom.jpg
3504ap0.jpg

Bombers clash jumper for comparison (ie what is allowable by AFL standards):
aavotk.jpg

Also added the current Carlton Home jumper to demonstrate just how much they "clash"..
585.jpg
24qk8xc.jpg

Last edited:
Main problem with the white jumper is that the sponsor always looks s**t in a box on the yoke.

Would be good to have a red yoke, blue chevron and then a white jumper. Don't like grey or silver for us.

View attachment 88216

Found this on google so no idea who to credit, I think it would look better without the monogram and would fit in with having to have a white jumper.

Maybe this is just the template, but I don't like the metallic white. I'd just want it a flat white. That colour looks too much like the silver monstrosity of a few years back.

Maybe this is just the template, but I don't like the metallic white. I'd just want it a flat white. That colour looks too much like the silver monstrosity of a few years back.
Yeah no idea mate, my guess is it's just shadow. I think it would make a good jumper as It incorporates the red Yoke, the navy blue and the requirements of a white jumper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back