Remove this Banner Ad

Honeyboy Wilson

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 26, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Anyone else given this show a go?

Set in 1900 New York, it's about a hospital that experiments with new technologies and techniques with surgery. Clive Owen plays the head surgeon at The Knickerbocker Hospital and Steven Soderbergh directs.

It's intense. Clive Owen's character Dr Thackery is almost a House-like figure, addiction and all, except they don't exactly glorify him quite as much.

Some of the best parts are the period set pieces rather than story drivers... instead of Ambulance chasers, you have Ambulances trying to steal patients off each other so they get paid for it.

Anywho, only watched the first episode so far and I think it's a winner.

Oh and it's gory as hell.

Here's a trailer for anyone interested:

Episode 6 has been the best so far... some of the stories really starting to progress. Some good reward for viewers' patience (it's not the quickest of shows).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its worth it. Quite surprised by the lack of discussion in this thread tbh.

Just finished the first episode. Already hooked. Great now I got the rest of the season to sit through. Nothing better then finding a good show and having the whole season ready to go.

Season 2 dropped today.

I never really though much of Clive Owen but he is really good in this, also its been said before but the dark electronic music set to the time of the show is fantastic

Just finish episode one season 2.
The two lead characters are excellent.
Clive Owen as Dr Thackery
Andre Holland as Dr Edwards
Great casting, really well made series.

Season 2 dropped today.

I never really though much of Clive Owen but he is really good in this, also its been said before but the dark electronic music set to the time of the show is fantastic

Owen has always been one of my favourites. It's just a shame he's picked some pretty average films of late and even shitter material to work with.

But this is absolutely perfect for him.

Terrific opener.

Still giddy at Soderbergh directing tv. Every frame is ******* picturesque.

They even do promo's better than anyone else.

From last season's finale.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back