List Mgmt. The KPP thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we should play Johnson in McPharlin's role and introduce a creator to replace him. I would use Mundy personally.

Johnson is proven in the role having performed it well when McPharlin has been injured. Mundy is an excellent user of the ball and previously played as a defender.

Example:

Ibbotson A Pearce Sutcliffe
Mundy Johnson Sheridan
ZAC DAWSON?

Silvagni's 2015 preseason looked prospective but his year was a write off given that serious hammy and the suspension later on. His effort on Franklin in the PF2014 over in Sydney early was really good before Buddy was repositioned and tore us one off the wing. I'm a fan and hope for Alex's sake (and our's) that the injury gods give him a good run at it for a change.

Johnno, Dawson, Spurr, Ibbo, Silvagni and Sutcliffe would be a nice starting back line with A.Pearce hopefully available soon and the newbies pushing up too. Meanwhile, RTB is again talking of Mundy and Hill providing drive off half back which I would like to see more regularly but until Fyfe and Bennell are fully up and about, I don't expect that we'll be able to afford that luxury.

Might as well play Silvagni or Tanner Smith if all that matters is stopping ability.
on our list who would you think would be the best player to shutdown the likes of kennedy, walker or kawkins?

Might as well play Silvagni or Tanner Smith if all that matters is stopping ability.
Just wondering who to upgrade between Ubergang and Smith if Freo gets an injury. Ubergang seems like a good prospect yet might not get a game. Smith is on his last chance. Saw smith play up forward in a pre season game a year ago with mixed results. He looked ok vs Port late last season.

on our list who would you think would be the best player to shutdown the likes of kennedy, walker or kawkins?
It is clearly Dawson, but that doesn't mean I'd pick him. You might notice I left Spurr out as well. I think we have the players to work around playing pure shutdown defenders. I would play Johnson on that sort of player for what it's worth. A lot would rely on midfield pressure and Ibbotson getting 3rd man up as much as possible.

Just wondering who to upgrade between Ubergang and Smith if Freo gets an injury. Ubergang seems like a good prospect yet might not get a game. Smith is on his last chance. Saw smith play up forward in a pre season game a year ago with mixed results. He looked ok vs Port late last season.
I don't think Smith will make it if we shift towards a more skills oriented game style. He could possibly eek out a Silvagni type AFL career I suppose... Nothing wrong with that.

I don't think Smith will make it if we shift towards a more skills oriented game style. He could possibly eek out a Silvagni type AFL career I suppose... Nothing wrong with that.
Silvagni is much better than Smith and would have played a lot of football in the last couple of years if he wasn't perennially injured.
I actually don't understand how Smith is still on an AFL list. He has next to nothing going for him except being tall.
If as some people have said he shows promise as a forward then I would rate that as near to a miracle.

Silvagni is much better than Smith and would have played a lot of football in the last couple of years if he wasn't perennially injured.
I actually don't understand how Smith is still on an AFL list. He has next to nothing going for him except being tall.
If as some people have said he shows promise as a forward then I would rate that as near to a miracle.
What happened to being positive mate ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah not with Smith. I really really really hope he proves me wring which is about as positive as I can be! :)
It either Tab or Smith now to perform uebergang and Collins is in their first year with freo as compare to the two.

I think we should play Johnson in McPharlin's role and introduce a creator to replace him. I would use Mundy personally.

Johnson is proven in the role having performed it well when McPharlin has been injured. Mundy is an excellent user of the ball and previously played as a defender.

Example:

Ibbotson A Pearce Sutcliffe
Mundy Johnson Sheridan
Why wouldn't you leave Mundy midfield and work Mora from the backline? Hill and Mundy rolling through to support.

I have a couple of concerns with Morabito in the backline. Nothing I have seen of him makes me think he is a natural or particularly good defender. I don't think he has the kicking skills or decision making to play a creative role down back either. I view him as an inside mid.

Edit: forgot to quote ya theGav56

Silvagni is much better than Smith and would have played a lot of football in the last couple of years if he wasn't perennially injured.I actually don't understand how Smith is still on an AFL list. He has next to nothing going for him except being tall.If as some people have said he shows promise as a forward then I would rate that as near to a miracle.
If Smith was a midfielder, he would of been done already. KPPs usually stay on an AFL list for 3-5 seasons on average as they take way longer to develop. It took a good 3 years for Clarke to develop.

You're going to be one unhappy puppy this season cause Zac D will play every game that he is available for. And Zac offers a lot more than stopping ability. Get to a couple of games,you might be pleasantry surprised at the amount of work Zac does. Ibbo ,Johnno, and Spurr taking those intercept marks doesn't happen by good fortune.

You're going to be one unhappy puppy this season cause Zac D will play every game that he is available for. And Zac offers a lot more than stopping ability. Get to a couple of games,you might be pleasantry surprised at the amount of work Zac does. Ibbo ,Johnno, and Spurr taking those intercept marks doesn't happen by good fortune.
Not saying he wouldn't see it but I know plenty of members who go to almost every game and can't see it... I don't see anyone on our list close to him tbh. Pearce was slaughtered against Port with Dawson, Johnson etc out, admittedly playing injured. Let's not pretend he's there yet. He's a good 2nd/3rd key defender ATM but got exposed when he was the no.1 man. Only injury stops Dawson from playing in the best 22.

Yeah I read Lyon's comments about Mundy back, and do think it is a terrific position for him. But I think he is too valuable in the midfield to do that full time. And I really don't see him as required there as he can work the transition from a midfield role.

How much weight do you guys give the coach's comments, especially in the pre-season? I end up using so many pinches of salt that I could have health issues. Lyon is a bit if a master of misinformation, or perhaps minimal information is more accurate.

theGav56 I don't think Ross is suggesting that Mundy will become a permanent half back flanker, but I think he is looking for more flexibility. Particularly with the reduced rotations, I think we will see our best players staying on the field longer, and changing from the midfield into less demanding positions.

E.g. Fyfe, Bennell, Son Son, Ballas, Neale - midfield / forward
Mundy, Hill, Mzungu, Mora? - midfield / forward

All our midfielders are too valuable to permanently deploy elsewhere, but they can't be in the midfield the entire game and I think we need to become way more flexible in our options.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back