FTA-TV The Last Man on Earth

Remove this Banner Ad

Honeyboy Wilson

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 26, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
There's been a few mentions in the Upcoming Shows thread, but I think this show deserves it's own thread.

I knew I'd find it funny, because Will Forte is hilarious, but goddamn did this blow me away.

For those who haven't heard of it - a mysterious virus has wiped out all living creatures except for one man, Phil Miller.

The virus isn't explained at all, nor does it need to be. The show isn't at all about that.

It's a hilarious take on what the average person would do if in that situation.

But it's not just balls to the walls comedy either, there are some deeply dark and sad moments intertwined in such a way that it flows remarkably well between moods. You get caught up in the world almost as much as Phil Miller does until you're hit in the face with reality again.

When he's playing pool with his ball friends and decides to go with Gary to check out the hot babe mannequin at the store. You don't forget that he's alone, but it's played so well that you smile along at the goofiness - until the mannequin's arm comes off and Phil's realisation that he's lost all dignity and is now becoming attracted to mannequins and going on adventures with sporting equipment... that was heavy man. Perfectly played by Forte.

Anyway, two episodes in and it's going strong. I can't wait to see where it goes.

How annoying is that woman. Im out.

Yeah I agree. The show was more fun before she arrived. There were plenty more possibilities for him to live his solo life to excess. I'll stick with it for a couple more episodes I think.

Thought Ep1 was great, like others was a bit dubious about the intro of whatshername but by the end of Ep2 thought she was doing ok. Plus
there can only be so many episodes that would work with a guy getting hammered each day in a margarita pool, so I reckon the only way this is going to fly is with the occasional introduction of a new characters

Anyway new comedies that I actually laugh at are pretty rare so I'm in.

Thought Ep1 was great, like others was a bit dubious about the intro of whatshername

30 Rock reference?

Liking this show too. Will Forte is great. Pretty sure we'll see more and more characters though as the story develops.

Yeah I agree. The show was more fun before she arrived. There were plenty more possibilities for him to live his solo life to excess. I'll stick with it for a couple more episodes I think.
I read somewhere the female characters come and go, so it won't be this current woman forever.

Last edited:
I think the beauty of her being in the show is the fact that he's the last man on earth, he finally sees another person, a woman no less, and he still hates her so much because of how annoying she is. The tomato/tomahto gag was amazing - "of COURSE you'd say it that way!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the beauty of her being in the show is the fact that he's the last man on earth, he finally sees another person, a woman no less, and he still hates her so much because of how annoying she is.

Exactly, it's the comedy element of the odd couple. Weird thing to say but it's moving a bit fast for mine, would have prefered him by himself for at least 2-3 episodes.

yeah she is super annoying, but watch the next episode before you bail.

Episode 3 is horrible. It nearly redeemed itself in the last 30 seconds. But then I saw the preview for next week. What needed to happen, didn't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back