Mighty P

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 25, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Roys FFC, Lakers
I will return to this. I adore the multiplayer.

Hopefully it holds a loyal player base

There's still a lot of people playing, they've fixed the lobby system too so no more waiting 5 minutes to get into a game. Usually takes only a few seconds to find a game. If you start playing agains send me an invite. I'm quite sick of playing with randoms.

Nov 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
76ers/Rockies/Colts/West Ham
Hahaha, good stuff. Would be good if we could get another couple people to make a 4-man team, playing with randoms can be so annoying.

I've seen you guys online a few times playing.

Hit me up with a message and I'll probably join. I haven't played in months though.

Geez playing with randoms now is turning me off MP.

Still on level 1, poor to average player but there's numpties that are on 20+ and god awful s**t. Not to mention either hang back and do nothing or have no concept of teamwork.

Mighty P

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 25, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Roys FFC, Lakers
Geez playing with randoms now is turning me off MP.

Still on level 1, poor to average player but there's numpties that are on 20+ and god awful s**t. Not to mention either hang back and do nothing or have no concept of teamwork.

Well add me next time you're on so we can party up. I've usually got at least a couple of people but they've all been playing Destiny and it's only recently I've noticed some of them coming back to TLOU.

Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just picked it up today. Obviously it's got the R18+ rating but is it more violent content or horror. Like would it be scarier than Walking Dead sort of thing? Just need to know how far away to have the kids when I play because really not interested in any more night terrors*

*May or may not be my own
:p

OniAu

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just picked it up today. Obviously it's got the R18+ rating but is it more violent content or horror. Like would it be scarier than Walking Dead sort of thing? Just need to know how far away to have the kids when I play because really not interested in any more night terrors*

Id say its more violent than horror . Just brutal ways people die. Single player & multi player

Probably wouldn't suggest to have kids around, I steered my nephew nieces away from it who are 10

Sep 17, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens

The game is adult and it tackles some complex issues all the way through. I think I'd advise that the kids aren't in the same room for the cutscenes if they can pick up on anything that the game is telling you. Not necessarily for the horror aspect (I didn't find the game overly scary), but more for some of the events that occur.

The action itself is visceral, so it would depend on what you feel like the kids can handle. You'll get an idea of the game's tone over the first hour or so. If you play the first section by yourself you should be well placed to make a call on how far to keep your kids. But I think this might be one to play when they are tucked in bed.

Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Cheers for the feedback guys. It's just our 4 & a half year old is going through that scared of the dark stage and needs his door open a bit to go to sleep (which is obviously my likely game time) & could have a line of view to the tv from there. He's not going to hear much but just worried if he has a peek & sees anything too scary or I guess gory it might not be great haha. He's fine with stuff like Destiny as it's not too realistic and just an alien shoot 'em up but yeah should probably check it out myself. Just worried if it's too graphic (viewing wise) it might be hard to often find time I can actually play it.

Jan 8, 2008
United Arab Emirates
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Cheers for the feedback guys. It's just our 4 & a half year old is going through that scared of the dark stage and needs his door open a bit to go to sleep (which is obviously my likely game time) & could have a line of view to the tv from there. He's not going to hear much but just worried if he has a peek & sees anything too scary or I guess gory it might not be great haha. He's fine with stuff like Destiny as it's not too realistic and just an alien shoot 'em up but yeah should probably check it out myself. Just worried if it's too graphic (viewing wise) it might be hard to often find time I can actually play it.

Yeeeeeah definitely don't let him watch, especially because of the parts with the infected.

Other than that enjoy, the first play through is always the best.

Sep 17, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens

The game's violence is graphic and there are definitely scenes that you wouldn't want him to see. Some scenes around the middle would be especially bad if he's getting a bit jumpy.

The game is great though, it goes for about 14-20 hours first playthrough. So just chip away at it when you can.

Nov 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
76ers/Rockies/Colts/West Ham

It definitely has some horror "elements" due to the cordyceps infected but it's definitely more violence than true horror.

Amazing game though... much scarier than TWD games due to the realism.

Back