The least interesting Grand Final ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't remember a time when I have been less excited about the Grand Final. Facing off, we have the team who won it last year
Vs the team who won it the year before. Hardly inspiring stuff.

But the fact that it's Hawthorn who I really can't stand, playing Sydney who I have grown to hate due to salary cap concessions, I just cannot get into this at all.

I hate watching a game where I desperately want both teams to lose. Anyone else enthused about this?

While it's probably best the 2 most skilled teams face off in the final decider, as they're the most deserving, kinda have to agree.
Would have loved to watch the Port young guns go against the odds or Fremantle try win one for Pav.

Benny Mcglynn finally gets a good crack at it though so that's fantastic, and love the way Matt Spangher goes about it, provided he doesn't get dropped.
And no hard feelings for Ceglar, personally thought he might never make it and here he is on the verge of a Grand Final, hoping he also doesn't get dropped, awesome how the young lad responded, well done to him.

Boring seeing Hawks up there every year. Didn't even deserve to be there.

I reckon the hawks will be cooked like the pies were in 2011.

Swans by 36.

Swans by 36.

I really don't understand this.

Why can't we acknowledge good teams these days. Hawks do so much right on and off the field and obviously know what's needed to make finals and win them.

To say Hawks don't deserve it after losing Buddy, by far the best power/running forward in the comp, to the Swan's and COLA is just ludicrous.

We get such a bad wrap for being arrogant supporters because of these rubbish comments, saw some absolute crap posted on twitter after yesterdays game.

Just enjoy the game, Hawks play good football, Swans play good football, both deserve to be in the GF and I reckon it'll be another game decided by less than a goal.

I'm sure other fans were saying that about us a few years ago.

I hate Hawthorn, but Sydney do not deserve it. If they win it, it's a blight on the game and yet another reason why I'm turning off this game. AFL manipulation, compromising the fairness of the competition for expansion purposes and TV dollars, and as a result, Sydney get gifted a flag with an inflated salary cap - utter bullshit!

I'm rooting for the integrity of the game, thus, unfortunately, rooting for the Hawks.

Swans by 36.
I came here to post this exact thing. Has anyone ever won a GF after a really hard-won, nailbiting prelim? Tipping Swans by 17 but with a clear gap between the two teams all day

Just because we are s**t, doesnt mean you still can't enjoy football................Does it?

I dont want the Hawks to win, but I concede they are an amazing club, having done exceptionally well with drafting, coaching and development. They even prospered with Jeff Kennett at the helm, an incredible handicap to overcome. Imagine how much better they would be if Buddy was still playing for them, in the form he is currently in! Jaw dropping!

Anyway, I still dont want them to win. Churlish? Probably.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Franklin vs Hawthorn is a nice story, compelling enough on its own to grab my attention. But these two teams genuinely play some of the best footy going around and thus should make for a cracker. Port should've won yesterday though

Unlike the zoning years where they were gifted flag after flag ?

They got there thru hard work and good management. Deserving.
I really don't understand this.

Why can't we acknowledge good teams these days. Hawks do so much right on and off the field and obviously know what's needed to make finals and win them.

To say Hawks don't deserve it after losing Buddy, by far the best power/running forward in the comp, to the Swan's and COLA is just ludicrous.

We get such a bad wrap for being arrogant supporters because of these rubbish comments, saw some absolute crap posted on twitter after yesterdays game.

Just enjoy the game, Hawks play good football, Swans play good football, both deserve to be in the GF and I reckon it'll be another game decided by less than a goal.

When I said the hawks didnt deserve to be there, I was referring to the fact that they did not deserve to win yesterday. That last call was atrocious.

I came here to post this exact thing. Has anyone ever won a GF after a really hard-won, nailbiting prelim? Tipping Swans by 17 but with a clear gap between the two teams all day

Geelong 2007. Beat us by 5 in the prelim. Won by 119 the next week.

Geelong 2007. Beat us by 5 in the prelim. Won by 119 the next week.

We scared them straight that day. Still one of my favourite games

I'll watch every second of the game, why not? It's our grand final, but I'm a little under enthused with the game too.

Last night was a great game because 2 sides went head to head on a level playing field, no salary cap or spending advantages between the two, just 2 good football clubs fighting their arse off.

Next week's game is tainted, we all know that, because of COLA, but I'll still watch it.

I think this is the first time where I won't be supporting either team.

Would be cool to see Franklin kick 8 and Sydney win by under a goal. RIP BigFooty servers.

Couldn't have any less interest in a GF, I'm sure it will be a good contest but I'll be out playing golf. It'll be the first time since 1997 I won't be watching the game.

I'm sure other fans were saying that about us a few years ago.

I hate Hawthorn, but Sydney do not deserve it. If they win it, it's a blight on the game and yet another reason why I'm turning off this game. AFL manipulation, compromising the fairness of the competition for expansion purposes and TV dollars, and as a result, Sydney get gifted a flag with an inflated salary cap - utter bullshit!

I'm rooting for the integrity of the game, thus, unfortunately, rooting for the Hawks.
I cannot barrack for Hawthorn, so Swans it is.
Then we call blame the AFL for gifting another flag to an expansion club (Brisbane Lions) with COLA.
Also Eddie can get on his horse & say "see, I told ya".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back