"The Left"

Remove this Banner Ad

Leftism is a disease planted in Australia by the Russians in the 1950's. Leaves ordinary people addicted to the pursuit of moral superiority however - sadly - robbed of the ability to connect cause and effect, fact from fiction. Sad individuals are left with a vision of utopia but not the foggiest clue about how to get there without making the original problem 10x worse.

Leftism is a disease planted in Australia by the Russians in the 1950's. Leaves ordinary people addicted to the pursuit of moral superiority however - sadly - robbed of the ability to connect cause and effect, fact from fiction. Sad individuals are left with a vision of utopia but not the foggiest clue about how to get there without making the original problem 10x worse.

Lol! I just love how you threw in a communist conspiracy in with your diatribe; just subtle enough to convey the right wing nuttery without it detracting from the sincerity of your world view.

There's me thinking economics is at the heart of the political divide, instead it's some unquantifiable notion of moral superiority. Thanks X, that was a big, steaming pile of number twos you just posted, but exactly the sort of response that prompted my OP.

Out of interest, how would you define "leftism" as a useful term?

Are you suggesting it's a version of Soviet cultural imperialism?

No left in Australia before 1950 mate

s**t I know he was probably just winding people up but I think you've posted before about the laziness in conservative speech these days and it really irks me when I have NFI what people are even referring to. Progressive values? Feminism? Cultural Marxism as interpreted by the lunatic right? It makes it impossible to debate something beyond ':rolleyes:'

It was a genuine question, what is leftism? Even to him.

The left is like the right in so far as the crazier some of its group get the more it awakens others within that group to how stupid it is to follow such ideologies and pushes them back into the moderate centre.

That's why neither the left or the right in true numbers are anywhere near being a majority.

The left is like the right in so far as the crazier some of its group get the more it awakens others within that group to how stupid it is to follow such ideologies and pushes them back into the moderate center.

That's why neither the left or the right in true numbers are anywhere near being a majority.

Yep....Reckon that's more the point.

As soon as anyone 'falls' into an ideology, it's akin to a tacit admission of being lost on their behalf....The difficulty exists in remaining true to one's own heart/voice amidst the maelstrom of competing ideologies.

Yep....Reckon that's more the point.

As soon as anyone 'falls' into an ideology, it's akin to a tacit admission of being lost on their behalf....The difficulty exists in remaining true to one's own heart/voice amidst the maelstrom of competing ideologies.

Everyone has an ideology that informs their thinking - to ignore that is to assume things like "common sense" and "human nature" are immutable across time. An ideology is something that informs your practice rathre than something that you say you are doing

Everyone has an ideology that informs their thinking - to ignore that is to assume things like "common sense" and "human nature" are immutable across time. An ideology is something that informs your practice rather than something that you say you are doing

Don't know that ideology is the right word....perspective maybe.

A good counter to your point here is the notion of pragmatism....Treating each idea on it's merits in the context in which it rises/occurs.

We accuse a person of being an 'ideologue', when their perspective on any issue is already determined by a pre-existing set of beliefs, which seemingly places their perspective at odds with the current issue & runs counter to common-sense.

While the Squirrels work their arses off collecting nuts in preparation for winter, the "left" is Jimminy Cricket. Useless lazy bastard with his head up his arse singing "the world owes me a living" all the while the days grow invarably shorter..

While the Squirrels work their arses off collecting nuts in preparation for winter, the "left" is Jimminy Cricket. Useless lazy bastard with his head up his arse singing "the world owes me a living" all the while the days grow invarably shorter..
Quoted for the lulz :D

Thing is, as much as Xsess successfully parodies the modern far-right and their simplistic, intellectually vapid belief system - there are actually people who believe this tripe :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The all tax is a form of theft crowd. Just look at the Republican Party primaries in America to see what happens when that lot taken seriously. One of the nice things about Turnbull's ascension is that we don't hear that refrain so beloved of the previous PM, and ultra conservatives the world wide that the place is f***ed, and it's all down to the dreaded left.

The all tax is a form of theft crowd. Just look at the Republican Party primaries in America to see what happens when that lot taken seriously. One of the nice things about Turnbull's ascension is that we don't hear that refrain so beloved of the previous PM, and ultra conservatives the world wide that the place is f***ed, and it's all down to the dreaded left.
Only income tax is theft, Gough. A person should never be bent over and screwed out of the money she/he worked for!

I've always thought Marx assumed a post industrial economy, which is one of the reasons that it failed in Russia.

Some of Marxs stuff may still play out. the effect of the internet etc

Marxism is to marx as is darwinism to Darwin, and christianity to Christ. a lot of people have adjusted it to their own agendas

The "left" is your black sheep uncle who ruins christmas every year because he's always pissed, opinionated and argumentative. Because he cant have a normal conversation, cant frame a debate like a normal person he resorts to shouting over the top to get his point across. People stop talking to him and he thinks he's "won" but really people just want to shut the damn fool fool up. Collectively everyone knows he's nuts.

Vegans are your black sheep uncle who ruins christmas every year because he's always pissed, opinionated and argumentative. Because he cant have a normal conversation, cant frame a debate like a normal person he resorts to shouting over the top to get his point across. People stop talking to him and he thinks he's "won" but really people just want to shut the damn fool fool up. Collectively everyone knows he's nuts.
Couldn't resist
Sorry X

Perhaps this concern about moral superiority is some sort of tacit acknowledgement of the fundamentally unfair nature of some policies spruiked by the more conservative side of politics.
Or it cultural genocide and western superiority caused by practicing yoga

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/die...ltural-genocide-concerns-20151123-gl693i.html

The left sees problems where there is none and applies fixes where nothing is broke. Its exists to change without defining the problem

Last edited:
Only income tax is theft, Gough. A person should never be bent over and screwed out of the money she/he worked for!
Absolutely. It turns out a % of your day was wasted when you evaluate it. I would love to see the income tax eliminated, though for now I will just settle for cuts in income taxes overall, the same applies to the corporate tax.

Leftards don't see it this way, it all comes down to the pathetic 'muh fair share' or intense hatred of the rich. Maybe the left should be getting jobs hmm?

Absolutely. It turns out a % of your day was wasted when you evaluate it. I would love to see the income tax eliminated, though for now I will just settle for cuts in income taxes overall, the same applies to the corporate tax.

Leftards don't see it this way, it all comes down to the pathetic 'muh fair share' or intense hatred of the rich. Maybe the left should be getting jobs hmm?

The left work harder than the right. Often underpaid in fact - e.g. the Myer cleaner who was denied $7000 of his hard-earned money by Myer and it's cleaning contractor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back