FTA-TV The Leftovers

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Was a very tough but good watch. But can't he just report his wristband stolen, surely there would be some sort of procedure as it wouldn't be the first time it's happened. Seems like it was done so we could watch Matt go through hardship through the hour.

Just the way this show rolls - of course in reality there would be some kind of process for replacing something as important as those wristbands clearly are (actually, they wouldn't be plain wristbands for a start, they'd be photo ID or be scannable to bring up a photo which you'd need to do every time you left and entered town), you just have to suspend your disbelief and go with it - similar to when the GR broke into literally everyone's house with no problems last season or how John can burn someone's house down with apparently no blowback or investigation whatsoever.

I think the show more or less usually gets away with it as these type of things tend to setup big emotional moments/payoffs.

Carrie Coon is a damn good actress, she is killing it.

Regina King should get an Emmy every year for just being alive but yes that scene they were both fantastic.

Looking forward to next week.

Last night the wifey even remarked how hot she is lol. She's 20 too, would smash

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_d94ngi68srkkok4gwgc8wwgso_640.jpg
She is seriously smokin'.

Gets hotter every episode.

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Jeebus what an episode. Acting in this show is top notch, Carrie Coon and the actress who plays Erika just killing it. Justin Theroux no slouch either, last scene when he confessed about Patti was riveting.

Lot of threads from previous eps being brought together, can't wait to see what last half of the season has in store. Nice to get a bit more info about goat sacrifice man and wedding dress girl, seems like the whole town in just another cult really. And Tom has gone walkabout, don't think that will end well seeing as last time we saw him he was handing out hugs Holy Wayne style. Would have liked a bit more re: Matt now apparently running the nuthouse on the outskirts of town. Whatta bloke - here you go sis, just look after my comatose wife who requires 24 hour care while I go hang out with some loonies on a weird spiritual pilgramige, cheers.

Why do we think Nora throws the rock through the Murphy's window at the start? John not helping Matt last week, or some misguided hate of their family once she finds out about the lense theory? Either works, I tend to go with the lense reasoning - seems like she spends the latter part of this ep trying to prove the disappearance of the 3 girls was not a departure, thereby quelling any guilt that she might have been a factor in her own family's departure.

Jan 14, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
Bit obscure, and I don't even know why I care to be honest, but do you reckon that drain Rev Matt and his wife Mary went into to get into Miracle was the very same drain that Maggie and Aaron went through in Monday's episode of The Walking Dead? Had exactly the same iron gate at th outside entrance.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
Wow. much different tone to lastweek, but also great. I wonder how many "Unsuccessful" people there have been that Virgil has seen and if him killing himself is to be like a spirit guide or as revenge for Kevin being there when the 3 girls went missing since one was his granddaughter. They went a bit too heavy and obvious on the Virgil is a pedo thing this week after hinting at it before.

Im glad i didnt give up on the show after the first episode of the season [especially the first 20mins] Enjoying the new season. I might care more about Tommy going missing if they gave him more story and time. have we seen much since the new GR leader kidnaped him and the rape thing.

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
yeah great show, really started feeling for Kevin in this episode with Patty rabbiting on in the poor blokes ear. & little things like the handcuff key note being obscured by her just cracked me up. Hope that young bloke knows his first aid or Kev might really be a goner which would be a bummer although I assume his mother might come to the rescue, dunno.

juzza316

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton Member
It was the first time in the show that i can recall (outside of the fact 2% of the worlds population just disappeared of course!) where something 'unexplainable' happened. Crazy dogs, deers in houses, seeing patti, crazy dad, placebo hugs, etc are all unlikely but somewhat plausable in a normal world.
what happened last night, is not! But so very very very good!

Loved it for what it was but I have to question whether this is what The Leftovers should be, was thinking like the last poster about all this and really this mens now we are going down the sci-fi "anything is possible" world. I'm not sure that's what the Leftovers is about at all.'

But I am a sucker for a crazy dream sequence ep and the soundtrack was absolutely perfect again so it was one of my favorite hours of television all year.

Kid's reaction at the end there is interesting, seems like he wasn't expecting it.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
The soundtrack was great, same with the direction. It felt like David Lynch with a little Kubrik. and had a 70's/80's movie feel to it.

That episode would be hard to pass up for award nominations for a director or soundtrack.

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
me pretty much the entire episode;

giphy.gif

But man, that was pretty amazing. Little Patti with her references to talking too much was hilarious and heart breaking at the same time. Good to see Gladys and Holy Wayne again. Wonder what Mary being in that purgatory hotel means? Probably that she's not waking up. I kinda want to know more about that place - the GR accepted to the point that they have a legitimate presidential candidate, wowee.

Loved it for what it was but I have to question whether this is what The Leftovers should be, was thinking like the last poster about all this and really this mens now we are going down the sci-fi "anything is possible" world. I'm not sure that's what the Leftovers is about at all.'

Well you could put the whole thing down to being Kevin's fever dream if you wanted. This show usually gives (encourages even) you more than one way to look at most of the more fantastical elements.

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.

But I am a sucker for a crazy dream sequence ep and the soundtrack was absolutely perfect again so it was one of my favorite hours of television all year.

Kid's reaction at the end there is interesting, seems like he wasn't expecting it.

Similar questions were always asked about the many Sopranos dream episodes but they always added to the whole, so I assume that will be the same here.

Last edited:
Back