Status
Not open for further replies.
wiiu_zelda_scrn01_e3uausf.png

wiiu_zelda_scrn02_e3y4uj9.png

wiiu_zelda_scrn03_e3t4uhm.png

wiiu_zelda_scrn04_e3nhuvg.png

Coming 2015.

Last edited:

I don't care if cell shaded becomes one of Zelda's trademarks and we get it for every game. It looks great and fits the game well.
That looks stunning. Ocarina of Time is possibly the greatest game I've played, I'm halfway through Wind Waker ATM and am loving it. I really can't wait for this, between MK8 and this I've justified my Wii u purchase.

So ridiculously keen for this.

Future Wii U will be getting a flogging in the next couple of years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

subbed.

i liked how Aonuma talked about the original LoZ and the open world aspect but was it just me or was he kind of insinuating that the closed environments of the recent games was a slight those games? i think OoT and Majora's mask had the right balance of open world, as in being able to visit most areas of the world but with further progression into those areas/temples being restricted by items. the original LoZ had these kind of item based progression restrictions as well.

just saying that i don't feel that i need true "access every area from any direction" open world for zelda; just don't need the strictness of skyward sword where you were just pissfarting around on islands in the sky before dropping in on only three closed off distinct areas and simply revisiting these areas throughout the game.

They keep going on about how they're adopting the non-linear temple progression for the first time since the first LoZ.

Did they forget they made A Link Between Worlds?

I still don't see what the big deal is. A linear progression structure means you can adjust a difficulty curve so the game becomes more challenging the further you progress, which has worked great for the series over the last 25-odd years, whereas ALBW felt a bit all over the place.

I think they're implementing this structure after seeing how well Skyrim did, and they now want a piece of the "exploration" market.

Last edited:
They keep going on about how they're adopting the non-linear temple progression for the first time since the first LoZ.

Did they forget they made A Link Between Worlds?

I still don't see what the big deal is. A linear progression structure means you can adjust a difficulty curve so the game becomes more challenging the further you progress, which has worked great for the series over the last 25-odd years, whereas ALBW felt a bit all over the place.

I think they're implementing this structure after seeing how well Skyrim did, and they now want a piece of the "exploration" market.
Negitive Nelly

Negitive Nelly
Skepticism over certain design choices isn't necessarily negativity.

Feel free to offer a counter-argument; I'm open to having an intelligent discussion unlike some people in this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back