The Lego Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

yIm74SZ.jpg

Took me a good eleven hours over five or so days to do. The house opens up down the middle so you can look at all the rooms (the divide is from left to right). All the rooves come off too so you can peer into it all and the garage door also lifts up.

By the way apologies for the s**t pic, still getting used to my new camera.

This is brilliant!

Sick - don't rip the box, when/if you try re-sell it they scrutinize that s**t
Yup, I've been really careful the box has a small scratch(bottom) and maybe slight iffy some corners which happened at Big W on the shelves and nothing I could really do about it.

2.5hrs at it last night and this is how much we built, there are 4 little boxes inside and packages labelled 1-3 inside each box. This was only the packets with numbers 1 on them. So basically me and the missus build 1/3 of the first box....
20140702_214348_zps823a7717.jpg

I used to have pirate sets, castle/knight sets, western/cowboy sets and some space ones. Graduated up to Technic as I got older and loved making RoboRiders - they came in these tubes and everyone at school tried to collect them all. In grade 6 we got to use these motorised Technic ones as well, they were awesome.

My favourite were the Star Wars sets though, finishing an X-Wing model was one of my childhood highlights.

I'm unreasonably excited to see that finished.
Me too but at this rate it will be months since I'm building it with the missus, I only get 1 night a week building it with her. She wants the Simpson house when I showed her . . .
That Death Star looks backbreaking!
My back was sore last night lol had to take a 5min break!
What does the string do?

Also the trash compactor walls angled, accuracy fail.
Don't know what the string does . . .
Accuracy fail maybe but I can still set up the mini chewie holding a metal bar to stop the walls caving in on him!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah how I miss those good old base plates!

Update: For the first time in about 15 years, I got out all of my old Classic Space Lego to play with my kids (or just because this thread made me think about it). My 4 year old son was mesmerised and loved it. I quite enjoyed it quite a lot too. :)

I'd forgotten how difficult it was to build the galaxy explorer space ship, and there were a couple of pieces missing, but that didn't seem to worry the kids.

So, today is my 41st birthday. I get a big box as a present and open it up to find this;

Lego_Combi_1_729-420x0.jpg

I try hard not to squeal like a schoolgirl, then think 'awesome'. I have had a Kombi for almost 20 years, and have always wanted this but all of the available sets that make Australia generally get snapped up very quickly.

I spent 2 hours this afternoon with my 4 year old son building, and didn't get very far (chassis & engine - very detailed and impressive engine, by the way).

I don't want to steal HirdyLannister 's thunder, but I'd be happy to post pics if anyone is interested.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back